Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Meh. Who cares about 'date night' in this fake, temporary money grab of a 'relationship?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    Meh. Who cares about 'date night' in this fake, temporary money grab of a 'relationship?'
    Obviously people do care, so get used to it and stop being so rude.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Obviously people do care, so get used to it and stop being so rude.
    Why do they care about it? None of it's real. Until (if) they resolve OMD, this new relationship is fake and is just a money grab by Marvel and Spencer.
    Last edited by 2Thumbs; 09-23-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Why do they care about it? None of it's real. Until (if) they resolve OMD, this new relationship is fake and is just a money grab by Marvel and Spencer.
    Why is it important for this relationship to be permanent?

If you enjoy scenes in which Peter and MJ are together, why does it matter whether they're together fifty issues later?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the MCU design would be too hard to draw on a consistent basis, but I think this would be a cool compromise:

....its a fuzzy jacket, wingpack, NV Goggles/Helmet and footclaws. The example you give is MORE complex

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Why is it important for this relationship to be permanent?

If you enjoy scenes in which Peter and MJ are together, why does it matter whether they're together fifty issues later?
    Because to tease us with 20 issues of MJ is cruel.

Also, there's no reason to get invested in the relationship. It's like reading a story that has already been thoroughly spoiled. We all know that within the next 20-30 issues SOMETHING will break them up, so why would you care about a relatiomship going nowhere? It's like re-reading a pre-OMD ASM comic, knowing that none of the things happening will matter. There's a 0% chance of a happy ever after, so why bother?
    Last edited by 2Thumbs; 09-23-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Because to tease us with 20 issues of MJ is cruel.

Also, there's no reason to get invested in the relationship. It's like reading a story that has already been thoroughly spoiled. We all know that within the next 20-30 issues SOMETHING will break them up, so why would you care about a relatiomship going nowhere? It's like re-reading a pre-OMD ASM comic, knowing that none of the things happening will matter. There's a 0% chance of a happy ever after, so why bother?
    They're not teasing you with 20 issues. They're giving you the thing you want. And if readers don't care for a break-up, they can drop the book at that point. Should enough do it, Marvel gets an important message.

Since we don't know how the story ends, we don't know what's going to "matter" in that context. Though I'd also disagree with the idea that something only matters if it ends happily.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Amazing Member

They're not teasing you with 20 issues. They're giving you the thing you want. And if readers don't care for a break-up, they can drop the book at that point. Should enough do it, Marvel gets an important message.

Since we don't know how the story ends, we don't know what's going to "matter" in that context. Though I'd also disagree with the idea that something only matters if it ends happily.
    Going with the "Enjoy the journey, not the destination" argument? Really? If you know the destination sucks, it's kiiiiiinda hard to enjoy the journey. Watching a relationship 100% doomed to fail isn't entertaining. There's no point in getting invested or rooting for a couple with 0% chance of working out. A tragic ending is only impactful if you don't know it's coming, if there's a chance that things could work out okay.

And they're not giving me what I want (OMD repealed and MJ regaining the Watson-Parker last name). They're pissing on my head without even the courtesy of telling me it's raining. This isn't MJ and Pete back together. This is MJ and Pete falling deeper into the illusions of Mephisto. It's a halfassed blstant money grab to drum up interest for Spencer's run.
    Last edited by 2Thumbs; 09-23-2018 at 03:02 PM.

BANNED

Spencer did say he intended to leave Peter with a "lasting scar" and the letters pages of issue five confirmed things won't be easy for Peter and MJ given Spencer's track record with character relationships...but that's just par the course with drama. One can't expect everything to be sunshine and rainbows consistently, such things happen only in pantomime. Spencer's run on Ant-Man saw a rift develop between Scott and his daughter, but by the end of the run they came out of it stronger than ever. The same can happen with Peter and MJ if they split again.

If anything, the hope is there again that we won't quite have a repeat of a ten year drought with these two if they are split up again, as there are plenty of writers who value the couple at the company.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-23-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    ....its a fuzzy jacket, wingpack, NV Goggles/Helmet and footclaws. The example you give is MORE complex
    personally, I love the movie look. but it only worked for Michael Keaton's version specifically because he's Michael Keaton. he's old looking but cool in his own way. that's not the same with comic book Adrian. he's a crotchety and sometimes vicious old man; not an ounce of cool. they could turn someone like Blackie Drago into the Keaton version. but i'd rather they just leave Vulture as Adrian and keep him out of the movie costume. his current look isn't a deal breaker for me. it's just not as up-to-date as some of the other villain looks. he has a bubble on his head to keep from getting hit. but he could just have a reinforced armor to do the same thing.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170716052254

^like adding a sleeker helmet to the above look.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I liked his red and black armor
    Agreed, I'm actually surprised they haven't made more use of the red and black Marvel Knights outfit...or at least some variation of it.

They used the above for a basis for the Spectacular version of Vulture.

I liked this artists rendition of it. I'd say it works very well in a comic book

that's decent looking!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

personally, I love the movie look. but it only worked for Michael Keaton's version specifically because he's Michael Keaton. he's old looking but cool in his own way. that's not the same with comic book Adrian. he's a crotchety and sometimes vicious old man; not an ounce of cool. they could turn someone like Blackie Drago into the Keaton version. but i'd rather they just leave Vulture as Adrian and keep him out of the movie costume. his current look isn't a deal breaker for me. it's just not as up-to-date as some of the other villain looks. he has a bubble on his head to keep from getting hit. but he could just have a reinforced armor to do the same thing.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170716052254

^like adding a sleeker helmet to the above look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Agreed, I'm actually surprised they haven't made more use of the red and black Marvel Knights outfit...or at least some variation of it.

They used the above for a basis for the Spectacular version of Vulture.

I liked this artists rendition of it. I'd say it works very well in a comic book
    that's decent looking!
    Yeah, the Marvel Knights Spider-Man version of Vulture looked quite awesome, as did that saga's version of the Green Goblin. A lot of Spider-Man's villains looked better in the Marvel Knights Spider-Man run by Mark Millar than they have before or since.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Actually the preview of Amazing Spider-Man#6 is quite funny.
    And the Humberto Ramos art is great as well.
    I was skeptic that the stories of Spider-Man would be as funny as while Dan Slott was writing them but it seems that the humour is quite good in the Spider-Man stories.

Going with the "Enjoy the journey, not the destination" argument? Really? If you know the destination sucks, it's kiiiiiinda hard to enjoy the journey. Watching a relationship 100% doomed to fail isn't entertaining. There's no point in getting invested or rooting for a couple with 0% chance of working out. A tragic ending is only impactful if you don't know it's coming, if there's a chance that things could work out okay.

And they're not giving me what I want (OMD repealed and MJ regaining the Watson-Parker last name). They're pissing on my head without even the courtesy of telling me it's raining. This isn't MJ and Pete back together. This is MJ and Pete falling deeper into the illusions of Mephisto. It's a halfassed blstant money grab to drum up interest for Spencer's run.
    When you're reading the story, it is all about the journey. If Peter & MJ stay together for only the next 25 issues, that's 500 pages of content.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets