Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh... I'm unclear here... Fred is upfront that he, ahem, "used to be" Boomerang? What is his legal status?
    Pardoned as a result of helping overthrow Hydra during Secret Empire.

He's gotten some lucky breaks.

For example, the Kingpin says that an attempted robbery was an effort to test a security system.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Pardoned as a result of helping overthrow Hydra during Secret Empire.

He's gotten some lucky breaks.

For example, the Kingpin says that an attempted robbery was an effort to test a security system.
    Not that different from how Osborn got out of jail.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not that different from how Osborn got out of jail.
    Pretty much. Supervillains seem to have exclusive access to "get out of jail free" cards, while if a superhero slips even once, he or she gets crapped on forever by the public and media and authorities and even sometimes fellow superheroes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much. Supervillains seem to have exclusive access to "get out of jail free" cards, while if a superhero slips even once, he or she gets crapped on forever by the public and media and authorities and even sometimes fellow superheroes.
    And that's what makes them so relatable

Yes, not to worry, though it is a bit late, I did do a review of Amazing Spider-Man #6. And If you're we're a fan of The Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Nick Spencer and Steve Lieber, then I think you're going to really enjoy Spencer's latest issue like I did.
    Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #6
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Mighty Member

Man I loved this issue. Not surprising since Superior Foes is one of my all time favorite works of fiction. Just getting a taste of the old series put a smile on my face. I remain hopeful of a full on relaunch but even if that doesn't happen I'm still grateful for the bit we're getting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And that's what makes them so relatable
    Well, that along with their perennial state of misery. Because be honest who doesn't secretly yearn to be unhappy most every day? I know I do my best work when I'm depressed, yeah not so much. Of course, I don't beat up criminals on a daily basis either so who I am to judge. Whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-01-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, that along with their perennial state of misery. Because be honest who doesn't secretly yearn to be unhappy most every day? I know I do my best work when I'm depressed, yeah not so much. Of course, I don't beat up criminals on a daily basis either so who I am to judge. Whatever floats your boat.
    are they unhappy? Bagalia and the Bar with No Name look like a lot of fun. the take over the world types are bound to be unhappy because they are also overly ambitious. but someone like taskmaster should be living it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I meant the whole, bad guys get never ending "get out of jail free cards" and the good guys get crapped upon anytime they make one small mistake. Because c'mon, that's almost too real

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I meant the whole, bad guys get never ending "get out of jail free cards" and the good guys get crapped upon anytime they make one small mistake. Because c'mon, that's almost too real
    I know I was just pointing out how flawed comic book logic is in general (like you did). For example, the whole heroes can never be happy for long or they stop being effective heroes trope.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I imagine that getting into fights and putting your own safety at risk day in and day out would be pretty stressful. you have to really amp yourself up to slug it out with someone. and, if you don't have a secret identity, you would always be looking over your back for trouble. at any second, Aunt May could be kidnapped and buried alive.

I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard and much while reading a comic! That issue was hilarious!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!