Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Even without superpowers he could still fight using a krptonian battle suit or the Supermobile.

Hmmmmmm .... here's how I think I would list Clark's skills that are NOT intrinsically tied to his powers:

1. Journalist - investigation, interviewing, reporting, evidence-gathering, sharp detailed memory, etc.

2. Brawler - very effective at striking with hands, elbows, feet, knees, shoulders, hips, and head in a non-disciplined manner.

3. Farmer - understands terrain, weather patterns, vegetation, animals, soil, climate, and how they all change and interact.

4. Scientist - I'm going to presume that the other Leaguers don't hold advanced degrees from accredited universities, but Clark is a scientist by nature, if not formal occupation. Kryptonian and Terrestrial biology would be one of his fortes, as would basic engineering and architectural principles.

Clark's actually very underrated in terms of the variety and depth of his non-powers-based skills.

Go kick rocks, you dumb meme.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Honestly, without powers I think Clark would be probably more useful in that situation than Barry without powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why would that be in his wheelhouse?
    The average Kryptonian, while having perfect balance etc, wouldn't be Nightwing-level, but Clark has been "flying through the air with the greatest of ease" for a long time and those underlying skills, muscle-memory etc aren't going anywhere with him being powerless. Some slight initial adjustment, sure, but that's a small obstacle.

Here's powerless-Superman being acrobatic

_20180922_160743.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    The average Kryptonian, while having perfect balance etc, wouldn't be Nightwing-level, but Clark has been "flying through the air with the greatest of ease" for a long time and those underlying skills, muscle-memory etc aren't going anywhere with him being powerless. Some slight initial adjustment, sure, but that's a small obstacle.
    I don't think being subject to gravity is going to work well with his muscle memory.

"Flying through the air with the greatest of ease" is not a skill, it's a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think being subject to gravity is going to work well with his muscle memory.
    He was a leaper before he was a flyer, and has shown immense acrobatic ability, without his powers, on several occasions over the years (including the one posted above). Reference has also been made regarding his (natural Kryptonian) equilibrium, which allows him to walk tightropes as easily as a pavement (sidewalk).

"Flying through the air with the greatest of ease" is not a skill, it's a superpower.
    The Graysons had superpowers?

BANNED

The Graysons had superpowers?
    No, and if they could have flown through the air with the greatest of ease, Dick wouldn't be an orphan.
    Also, their act would have been a great deal more famous.

Master Hero Vladimir

Here's powerless-Superman being acrobatic

_20180922_160743.jpg
    Since Kryptonian physiology is much more efficient than human physiology, it's not hard to imagine Superman would still be pretty useful even without powers.

it's kind of semi-impossible to tell, really, because his super powers have always informed his ability to learn. This has helped his knowledge base tremendously.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Current Supes did have an arc with Lex where they were trapped on a planet and Clark had no powers. Clark proved to be resourceful (learned some things from Bruce and his own past experiences), tactical, and strategic.
    Mind pointing me to that?

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Mind pointing me to that?
    Action Comics #967-972

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, Men of Steel. Even more recently, he was trapped in Skartaris and magically rendered human.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah, Men of Steel. Even more recently, he was trapped in Skartaris and magically rendered human.

Greg Land art ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Greg Land art ?
    No, Jack Herbert - Trinity issue 19

(He has worked on Red Sonja (which fits in well with Skartaris) and Superman/Wonder Woman issue 12, among others)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The best I can give you is that Wonder Woman has a wide open mouth, but it's a hard expression to mistake for pleasure.