Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Oh, and I like this.

Wolverine Vol.1

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Because the X-Men now and going forward in 2019 is so far removed (in terms of writing and characterisation) from what Claremont did in the 80's/90's, I'd recommend you stick to the main collected arcs: DP Saga, Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants (with X-factor), Inferno (with X-Factor). To get a true, definitive sense of who they were as individuals and as a team, under one writer. All the other stuff that came after, under different writers, is pretty much hit or miss and more than a little screwy.

Stay far away from anything written in the last decade to now.

Then, see what is offered in February when they "reboot/relaunch" the X-books.

As a supplement to reading, I highly recommend the Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men podcast. They give synopses of many books and issues in roughly chronological order and also some background insight to writers and artists. A good way to get the big picture continuity. And I find them very entertaining.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Stay far away from anything written in the last decade to now.
    Please don't listen to this kind of advice

And everyone else - please stick to actual recommendations not just bashing thanks
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I gave actual recommendations.
    And I stand by what I said. The recent X-stories are by and large incomprehensible and not a good reference in regards to what the X-men truly stand for and the reason why we love them. That's MY take on it. He/She does not have to consider but he/she did ask...I answered. If you don't care for my answer so be it...I was not responding to you.

BANNED

The Utopia era had some good times and others less so. But I liked the X-Men in SanFran.

BANNED

And I liked the Bendis era, but the countless Marvel crossover-events may have contributed to the continuous decline in the quality and to the end of the series.

Watch the animated series and then pick up the new Uncanny Xmen #1
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

A good resorce and information site that has info on the different X-men comics so that you can get info on the different volumes are Uncanny X-men.net and comicvine they have lots of info on the different series volumes. So that you have data on the dates on series published since it is so many X-men comics out.

BANNED

There's been some good suggestions but nothing's perfect, and everything's subjective. Read, see, & eXperience as much as you can from a variety of sources, to see what works best for you and resonates the most, that would be my advice. You may even find it changes over time, with the more you take in.