Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hmmm. So Trinary and Gentle have been hanging out... "discussing" and "work together", especially after she touched him and he realized he could feel... Hmm... Interesting.

So what are Trinarys limits anyways? Last issue she broadcast a message to the world and here she senses that the sentinites are spreading around the world, I'm not really sure what range Searebro is adding.

I'm glad that Gentle and Trinary got more dialogue, hope Storm does more in this issue too.

Lol Mason, guess the female TV host finally reached her limit with him. I love the way she puts her papers down, holds her hands smiles as she tells him he's full of ****
    Re trinary:

Last issue she used a cell phone ( and therefore WiFi/internet/whatever) to record video of jean and presumably share it with all cell phones on the planet. She was using a network to reach out to other networks.

I imagine she can’t just connect to all the sentinels without cerebro because they aren’t on a network like everyone’s phones are. She basically used the knowledge from storm’s sentinel on how to reach the other sentinels but cerebro helps her connect to them all just like the cell networks helped her broadcast that video to all cells. Just how I conceptualize it anyway.... two different things.

Also since these sentinels are in peoples brains, and cerebro tracks people with brains, well you can see where I’m going.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why........?
    To prove he has one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Can't believe Jean is even manipulating news anchors into supporting her now.
    I don't think she's manipulating her, I think she is just fed up with her co-host crap. And he was acting like a jackass. It's a long way until reaches kitty's level of hypocrisy

The “news” reporters have been the worst thing about this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Carnero should've been one of the Uncanny artists. D: This is beautiful!
    Yes. She is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The “news” reporters have been the worst thing about this book.
    How so? 1010
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    How so? 1010
    I've raised this issue before, but I think they're poorly written and barely serve a purpose. They eat up page(s) and are seemingly little more than caricatures of the left and right - why can't we get a single "anti" mutant character who isn't some genocidal maniac? There can't be someone who says "Mutants are dangerous, and while that does not mean that we should discriminate against them, there need to be measures to address the real threat to safety that they pose to both themselves and the public"? Someone who is uncomfortable with mutants, maybe even fears them, and refuses to work with the X-Men but absolutely rejects anyone who would harm innocent mutants?

Instead, all we get is Ms. You-are-always-irrational and Mr. All-mutants-are-evil?

I've raised this issue before, but I think they're poorly written and barely serve a purpose. They eat up page(s) and are seemingly little more than caricatures of the left and right - why can't we get a single "anti" mutant character who isn't some genocidal maniac? There can't be someone who says "Mutants are dangerous, and while that does not mean that we should discriminate against them, there need to be measures to address the real threat to safety that they pose to both themselves and the public"? Someone who is uncomfortable with mutants, maybe even fears them, and refuses to work with the X-Men but absolutely rejects anyone who would harm innocent mutants?

Instead, all we get is Ms. You-are-always-irrational and Mr. All-mutants-are-evil?
    So you want X-Men "What if the bigots had a point?" Red? No thanks.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I cosign Jean manipulating the news anchor after all the woman is innocent. Hell if it was Emma she would had made the new anchor say Cassandra Nova killed the senator on air
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can't help it if that's what you read, but it was certainly not what I meant.

Where did I make that argument? What's wrong with my suggestion?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Not really? Xmen books tend to deal in extremes. Either you love mutants and are in full support of them of you hate them and want them wiped from the face of the earth.The fact that the mutants are a vaild safely concern that the humans have no way to defend themselves against never really gets addressed.
    Last edited by Baseman; 09-22-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Not really? Xmen books tend to deal in extremes. Either you love mutants and are in full support of them of you hate them and want them wiped from the face of the earth.The fact that the mutants are a vaild safely concern that the humans have no way to defend themselves against never really gets addressed.
    Yep, you got it.

Which is not to say that it’s never addressed but it’s such a non-entity that it’s basically irrelevant.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 09-22-2018 at 09:55 PM.

I can't help it if that's what you read, but it was certainly not what I meant.

Where did I make that argument? What's wrong with my suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Yep, you got it.

Which is not to say that it’s never addressed but it’s such a non-entity that it’s basically irrelevant.
    I'm with you guys. From time to time, someone(from both sides) needs to bring up the issue that having a different skin colour or sexuality and having uncontrollable eye blast that literally kill you with a glance are two very different things.

I could see a character like that existing on the X-Men, tbh. That cop from The Gifted is somewhat like that, and though I can't personally sympathize with him, I can understand he's more of a grey character than actual evil. But as a bigoted news anchor? Nope. That would give a terrible message, considering this book is about relating current themes to the minorty metaphor. The one we see on this book is a perfect analogy to what is happening in today's world.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-22-2018 at 10:13 PM.

It is a fair point that should be brought up more often in the comics. Guggs actually kinda did a good job of it in his last issue. I mean, the POC/sexuality/religious metaphor kinda breaks down when you have individuals, teenagers, waking up with enough power to destroy whole cities, if not whole countries/continents/planets/realities, with a sneeze/blink/thought.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!