Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You've been tainted by the Resurrection bi-monthly rush. This (red) is how comics used to be. There's actual substance to the story and it comes out monthly. I think we're used to there being more books of the same quality distract our attention.
    Pretty sure people read more comics other than just X-Men: Gold and X-Men: Blue. The pacing is terrible in this book, monthly schedule has nothing to do with it. As for 'substance'... no comment.

You've been tainted by the Resurrection bi-monthly rush. This (red) is how comics used to be. There's actual substance to the story and it comes out monthly. I think we're used to there being more books of the same quality distract our attention.
    Nah the pacing is bad. The first 6 issues could have been condensed with a lot of material cut. In Morrison’s run the X-men faced off against Nova by the third issue and 8 issues in, we still haven’t gotten there with Red and it looks like it won’t be until 11. It would have been fine if there were other plots but Red only has one and it’s been terribly slow. Using Blue and Gold’s bimonthly release is a cop out

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah the pacing is bad. The first 6 issues could have been condensed with a lot of material cut. In Morrison’s run the X-men faced off against Nova by the third issue and 8 issues in, we still haven’t gotten there with Red and it looks like it won’t be until 11. It would have been fine if there were other plots but Red only has one and it’s been terribly slow. Using Blue and Gold’s bimonthly release is a cop out
    Sounds like we need a X-Men Red: Abridged.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think if we had issues that were essentially a "why they joined" (as we're at 9 members) outside the story, the pacing would feel better for me. But it just feels sluggish at the moment. Given that we're under the assumption Red ends at #11, the war with Cassandra has to start kicking up now to make 11 feel like a good end and not rushed. Which would mean Rachel should enter the fray sooner than later (unless she's just a leftover plot point never to be used due to timing).

I think the pacing stance is somewhere in the middle. If it were bi-weekly I think people would be more ok with it though it would still have been a touch slow to get going. I'm ok with it being once a month since that's how I'm used to comics being and it's better for the health of the artists (not to mention my wallet).

My one hope is that they even this out to the end so nothing gets cut or hyper-condensed.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope Marvel doesn't drop searebro if Red is truly ending. I think it had potential, maybe they should change the name but i like Jean having her own base outside of the school.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope Marvel doesn't drop searebro if Red is truly ending. I think it had potential, maybe they should change the name but i like Jean having her own base outside of the school.
    I love her operating outside the school. But given that Namor is going to war with the surface world again in Avengers, will Searebro be a safe place to operate from? Or will the X-Line ignore that if they do keep her there?

It doesn’t make sense to keep Searebro especially if Nova and her nannies are disposed of. It served its purpose in story and the Avengers plot line makes it convenient enough to get rid of

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope they drop Searebro as soon as possible. Every time I read that word, it immediately takes me out of the story.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I hope they drop Searebro as soon as possible. Every time I read that word, it immediately takes me out of the story.
    the name is the weird part but the concept is good. Maybe she moves from atlantis but i want her to have her own place.

I do in fact read more than just Marvel’s X-books, and the pacing is still bad IMO; and I would also respectfully disagree with the story having substance. I get what he’s going for, but it’s not great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Pretty sure people read more comics other than just X-Men: Gold and X-Men: Blue. The pacing is terrible in this book, monthly schedule has nothing to do with it. As for 'substance'... no comment.
    Xbooks...we have very little options in terms of the XMEN books. Sure you can read other comics, but it's different seeing the same characters in different books or the same universe and everything coming together once in awhile. It just isn't the same anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I do in fact read more than just Marvel’s X-books, and the pacing is still bad IMO; and I would also respectfully disagree with the story having substance. I get what he’s going for, but it’s not great.
    It also isn't as bad as gold or blue. I'd rather have this pace and a good story than it be rushed and done with in the course of three issues.

Xbooks...we have very little options in terms of the XMEN books. Sure you can read other comics, but it's different seeing the same characters in different books or the same universe and everything coming together once in awhile. It just isn't the same anymore.

It also isn't as bad as gold or blue. I'd rather have this pace and a good story than it be rushed and done with in the course of three issues.
    Trust me, I’m not defending Gold or Blue, but even if it’s true that Red is better than either one, it shouldn’t get a pass for poor pacing and a lackluster story because of it. I was legitimately interested in Red when it was announced, but that has diminished issue to issue. Three issue arcs aren’t always rushed just like 9 or 12 issue arcs don’t always drag, but Taylor’s pacing could use some work.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I wasn't able to get this series yet but from what Ive seen from the previews it looks great though there are some complaints I see, lol, well this is cbr…

Jean is looking sexy. I can say that because I am confident in my sexuality.

Awww ;; jean Kurts the soul? Cool!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-25-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Best looking issue so far.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.