Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good issue, but way too rushed for the ending of the first arc. Also, I'm really worried we're getting a crossover four issues in.
    Between the whole JLO mess and this, I'm worried DC are screwing these books' chances of success.
    JLDark should get at least six issues to really establish the team and concept, before asking its readers to buy another book so they can read a complete story.

Good issue but I echo the concern about doing a crossover already. I hope it won’t harm the book’s sales since I’m really enjoying this team so far.

So glad that Constantine and Swamp Thing got big moments in this issue, loving the book so far, it feels like Tynion’s writing his dream story for his dream book
    Last edited by Denirac; 09-29-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Good issue, but way too rushed for the ending of the first arc. Also, I'm really worried we're getting a crossover four issues in.
    Between the whole JLO mess and this, I'm worried DC are screwing these books' chances of success.
    JLDark should get at least six issues to really establish the team and concept, before asking its readers to buy another book so they can read a complete story.
    Come to think of it...
    I had already mentioned how I thought the issue read too fast...
    But I didn't think about how the ending of the story arc does appear to be rushed, especially after the pacing of the first two issues.
    I suspect that it was originally going to be four issues and got rushed to have Witching Hour come out in time for Halloween, or to accomodate Wonder Woman since Orlando was leaving the title.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'm not sure I agree that this issue felt rushed. We are basically getting a single encounter that concludes the introduction to the story, and it ends with the setup for The Witching Hour with the stored/latent power of Wonder Woman unlocked. The Upside Down Man isn't so much antagonist as the plot device used to bring about the next crisis the team has to face.

Compared to a lot of comics that I've bounced off, this felt well-paced and with a story that didn't take sudden jumps in the narrative. The story progression felt organic and not forced.

Mighty Member

We rly need a general JL Dark thread, but well to the last issue:

A few parts seemed a but rushed but it's still pretty amazing and the art design just spectacular, the Upside Down Man seems rly cool and had a great introduction with great scenes from Swamp Thing, Constantine and even Bobo and Diana's new witching mode + Zatanna's(i also want even more backstory for her, but that was already a good start) coaching was pretty neat. Such an early crossover is indeed questionable, but as long as it has actual consequences for the broader DC-verse and Diana keeps the new witching mode(just as plot device for the crossover would be rly cheap) is it ok if it don't becomes a bad habit again(like with the last JL Dark).

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    We rly need a general JL Dark thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ming-July-2018