Default Dwayne Johnson Tweets another Shazam/Black Adam tease

I really want the Rock to play Captain Marvel or BOTH Cap and Black Adam. He might look like Adam, but he is all goofy charm and absolutely perfect for Cap. I would like Jason Momoa for Adam (whose Aquaman casting has still not been confirmed so I can hold out hope). The suspense is killing me! One thing we can now be sure of though: A Shazam movie will almost certainly be announced this weekend.

I'd like him as Black adam, idk how i'd feel about Rock in a red suit playing captain Marvel

Astonishing Member

Toying with my emotions here.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    I'd like him as Black adam, idk how i'd feel about Rock in a red suit playing captain Marvel
    Just my opinion, but I think the suit is going to have to be changed. I just think the traditional will look too corny *Ducks*

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Just my opinion, but I think the suit is going to have to be changed. I just think the traditional will look too corny *Ducks*
    Agreed, it will definitely need updating. I really want him to be playing Shazam.

Amazing Member

I REALLY want him as Captain Marvel. I understand why people vote for Black Adam, but I think that's based on superficial visual similarities. Dwayne Johnson is one of the few actors I can really imagine playing both the physical prowess and imposing confidence of the World's Mightiest Mortal, while at the same time being able to bring in the lightness of childish wonder and humour. He has a real gift for comic timing that's often overlooked because of his action star status.

Playing Black Adam, even though perhaps he may seem like a more complex character, won't, I think, display Johson's versatility, and I can more easily imagine them finding another actor for Black Adam than I can for Captain Marvel.

Plus, to be honest, I think I'd always wonder if he got locked out of the main role because they wanted to cast a white dude. Which would probably bug me in any situation, but especially in one where he's (to my mind) so perfect for the heroic role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread View Post
    I REALLY want him as Captain Marvel. I understand why people vote for Black Adam, but I think that's based on superficial visual similarities. Dwayne Johnson is one of the few actors I can really imagine playing both the physical prowess and imposing confidence of the World's Mightiest Mortal, while at the same time being able to bring in the lightness of childish wonder and humour. He has a real gift for comic timing that's often overlooked because of his action star status.

Playing Black Adam, even though perhaps he may seem like a more complex character, won't, I think, display Johson's versatility, and I can more easily imagine them finding another actor for Black Adam than I can for Captain Marvel.

Plus, to be honest, I think I'd always wonder if he got locked out of the main role because they wanted to cast a white dude. Which would probably bug me in any situation, but especially in one where he's (to my mind) so perfect for the heroic role.
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's pretty easy to see Dwayne as the Big Red Cheese, from where I'm sitting. He's one of those actors that can do goofy but switch to serious in a heartbeat. He's got a charm that's perfectly fit for CM/Shazam.

BANNED

I think he'd be great as Captain Marvel or whatever they'll end up calling the Big Red Cheese, but I seriously doubt the Johnson can pull off the gravitas required to be a good Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Agreed as well even with the New52 White hoody it's still going to look weird on him, but if they make it like Alex Luthor's version it could be alright

I think he would better suit Black Adam, I mean he REALLY looks like Black Adam. Doesn't Black Adam transform by saying the word Shazam also?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    I think he would better suit Black Adam, I mean he REALLY looks like Black Adam. Doesn't Black Adam transform by saying the word Shazam also?
    Looks are incredibly less important than acting ability.

BANNED

Well, so much for this rumor...

Mighty Member

Nah, it's going to happen. Just because they didn't release the news at Comic con, doesn't mean it won't happen.