Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    They probably CAN. Whether or not Jaime Alexander is available and willing is another matter. (Scheduling conflicts with Blindspot is why she was MIA in Ragnarok, afterall. Probably for the best... I suspect if she had appeared in the movie, she'd have been killed.)
    Yeah, I'm actually kind of glad she wasn't available for that. The fact that we didn't see Sif (or Valkyrie) die on-screen means that both, and perhaps dozens more Asgardians, could have survived on some sort of colony they established on the way to Earth, on some other planet. It would also provide a half-assed explanation for why it was stated in the movie that Thanos killed 'half' the Asgardians, when we saw the ship blow up, and seemingly killed *all* of them. (If half had already disembarked, then Sif, Valkryrie, incredibly annoying rock dude, etc. could still be alive.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually kind of glad she wasn't available for that. The fact that we didn't see Sif (or Valkyrie) die on-screen means that both, and perhaps dozens more Asgardians, could have survived on some sort of colony they established on the way to Earth, on some other planet. It would also provide a half-assed explanation for why it was stated in the movie that Thanos killed 'half' the Asgardians, when we saw the ship blow up, and seemingly killed *all* of them. (If half had already disembarked, then Sif, Valkryrie, incredibly annoying rock dude, etc. could still be alive.)
    Sif was finger-snapped.

(Although that will probably be undone...)

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    saw something, on nerdiest maybe, that Cat might be getting her own stand alone or a team up with silver sable.
    Isn't that already dead? Or, at the very least, postponed?

sounds gimmicky

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think there is still a tie-up with the Hulk rights so "She" may not be able to appear anyways.
    Didn't stop Glenn Talbot from showing up in Agents of SHIELD, nor Absorbing Man (tho Absorbing Man is also a Thor villain so he could have squeezed in that way).

From the whispers I've heard in the past, the main thing stopping She-Hulk from appearing on the small screen is the budget issue, and also the concern of audience relatability.

The budget conundrum is that Jennifer likes being She-Hulk but She-Hulk costs a lot of money to do in CGI and there is a dearth of qualified tall actresses in Hollywood not named Gwendolyn Christie (and even with her they'd have to bulk her up in some form, whether in real life or using CGI). There was no easy solution to this problem besides waiting for CGI to get further refined and inexpensive.

Plus there was a concern about whether the general audience can relate to Jennifer if she isn't Jennifer most of the time. This may have been why her comic book counterpart has gone in the direction she's in, to provide a canon template that makes her stay Jennifer more often and provides a Hulk that the general audience is more used to.

The craziest whisper I heard was that the concern was so great that they were even considering making someone not Jennifer the She-Hulk of the MCU in order to make it work the way they wanted. A canon character would take Jennifer's place, but it'd be a person normally without powers. I personally don't believe this one but you never know.

For all we know Feige may want her for the movies at some point when Mark Ruffalo is gone too.
    Last edited by macattack; 09-25-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

ABC didn't pick up the show:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/marvel-...bc-1202550132/

I feel bad for Heinberg, but maybe it was for the best. I think that the announcement that Marvel Studios will now produce their own TV shows completely overshadowed these news, and would probably still overshadow any future Marvel Television production, as it feels like they are officially being left out of the MCU playground. Their morale is not so great these days either, between the godawful Inhumans show and the Netflix series being axed one by one... I think it's probably wise for Marvel Television to focus on the few shows they have right now instead of pumping up more. Huge wishful thinking, but I think, in the future, it would probably be a good idea to integrate what's left of Marvel TV into Marvel Studios and let Kevin Feige run ALL Marvel live-action productions under one roof, allowing all Marvel productions to truly be a part of a shared universe experience instead of the one-sided relationship we have right now between film and TV. If they want to continue to push and promote the TV shows as a part of the MCU, I think that is the best way to go.

Anyway, I'm still rooting for Heinberg to get some Marvel live action work anyway! Specially now with rumors of the Young Avengers coming to the MCU, I would love for him to get involved.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-09-2019 at 02:53 AM.