Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure how She-Hulk would work on a TV budget to be honest.
    I think there is still a tie-up with the Hulk rights so "She" may not be able to appear anyways.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

My guess is that this won't have that big of a budget so they may focus on (relatively) non powered main characters. Look for martial arts to be in the mix.
    I hope this is based somewhere other than NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like She-Hulk and Tigra are two of the first names to pop up for lady heroes that aren't already on Netflix (like Misty or Patsy), in or being set up for movies (like Valkyrie, Wasp, Scarlet Witch or Monica Rambeau), tainted by the Inhumans series (Medusa, Crystal), mutants (Firestar, Domino, etc.), Spider-adjacent (Spider Woman, Black Cat, Silk), etc. There are tons of female characters that don't feel right for this, from Storm to Sue Richards to Sersi to Moondragon or Namora/Namorita. Both Jen and Greer sound like they'd be effects-heavy, with the all-green makeup and size, or the furry cat-physiology and tail.

Other dark horse choices could be Elsa Bloodstone or White Tiger (Ava or Angela) or Squirrel Girl or Moon Girl or Songbird or Diamondback or Snowbird. Some, like Diamondback, Elsa and a White Tiger, would probably be cheaper for a TV budget than someone with a pet dinosaur, or able to turn into polar bears, or with giant pink energy wings...
    Sersi is tied up by the movies too. Her and Ikarus are the primary characters in Eternals.

Tbf, it's female led so it might be one hero and her sidekick. I'd watch something with Elsa Bloodstone no bother. Old fashioned monster hunter and drinking tea whilst swearing like a sailor.

I'm not sure how She-Hulk would work on a TV budget to be honest.
    Find a knockout model. Paint knockout model green. Done. That is basically John Byrne's She-Hulk, the most successful version of the character. She would be the cheapest character to do.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Find a knockout model. Paint knockout model green. Done. That is basically John Byrne's She-Hulk, the most successful version of the character. She would be the cheapest character to do.
    I'm not sure how SFX technology has improved, as Zoe Saldana hasn't been as vocal about it as Jennifer Lawrence and Rebecca Romjin were (both of whom cited the makeup as why they didn't want to continue the roles, as did other actors like Alan Cumming), but after horror stories about eight hours of makeup and the dye soaking through RR's skin so much that she was peeing blue, I'm not sure that just painting an actor is all that simple.

Plus She-Hulk should appear seven feet tall and built like a supermodel who is also a weightlifter. I don't know a lot of actresses who can pull that off (although the height thing certainly seems doable, Lord of the Rings had the tallest actor in the primary cast, John Rhys-Davies, play a dwarf).

Also, She Hulk needs to be more than a knockout on steroids. Her character is deeper than that.

Someone said this would be a good opportunity to include America Chavez. That would be fun!

Other dark horse choices could be Elsa Bloodstone or White Tiger (Ava or Angela) or Squirrel Girl or Moon Girl or Songbird or Diamondback or Snowbird. Some, like Diamondback, Elsa and a White Tiger, would probably be cheaper for a TV budget than someone with a pet dinosaur, or able to turn into polar bears, or with giant pink energy wings...
    I've seen some suggestions for Elsa, and I think she could probably fit pretty well here.

Netflix doesn't seem to have any plans for any of the White Tigers, so I wouldn't rule them out.

I'm still kinda hoping Angela del Toro will pop up in Jessica Jones S3. She's been name-dropped before.

To me, Elsa could be one of the most viable options. She has a great back story, a supporting cast, and is an appealing character. There's scope for different locations, and mythical beasts. I think it could be very interesting.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

You know, assuming it might not be a female team, I think this could work as a White Tiger(s) series. The focus would be on Angela and Ava continuing Hector's legacy. I know there's been talks among fans about a White Tiger show ever since Angela was mentioned on JJ, but I think it's unlikely Marvel will produce any new shows with Netflix now, so ABC should be free to use them.

BTW, I don't think Squirrel Girl is allowed until they figure out what to do with the New Warriors TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I'd watch something with Elsa Bloodstone no bother. Old fashioned monster hunter and drinking tea whilst swearing like a sailor.
    Elsa is a great option and I'd totally watch something led by her too, but my vision for her own show is probably different from what I think this show is gonna turn out to be. If it were up to me, we'd have a show simply called Bloodstone, where we follow the history and legacy of the monster-hunting family and the Bloodgem. The story would have a split narrative: part in the past, showcasing Ulysses and his early adventures, as well as his relationship with a younger Elsa, and part in the present, showcasing a now adult Elsa using what she learned from her father to be a monster huntress. Cullen would also be involved, as his own monstrous nature could make for some interesting moral dilemmas (Elsa hunts monsters, but her brother also happens to be a monster). I just think that ABC is not the network for something like this. We probably wouldn't even get her cursing or enough blood shed (which is ironic, considering her name). An R-rated production on Hulu would be better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Someone said this would be a good opportunity to include America Chavez. That would be fun!
    I'd put her in the same category as Kate Bishop: I want to see her in the MCU, but I want her to be involved with the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2018 at 08:55 PM.

What about the Squirrel Girl TV show? Weren't they making one?

It'd be kind of cool if they threw in Dakota North here .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    What about the Squirrel Girl TV show? Weren't they making one?
    They were making a New Warriors show with Squirrel Girl in it, but the network it was aimed for opted out and so they've been shopping the pilot around ever since.

The actress who they cast for Doreen got to make her debut as Squirrel Girl in the Marvel Rising animated shorts before we had even gotten to see her in the live action show she was cast for .

It'd be kind of cool if they threw in Dakota North here .

They were making a New Warriors show with Squirrel Girl in it, but the network it was aimed for opted out and so they've been shopping the pilot around ever since.

The actress who they cast for Doreen got to make her debut as Squirrel Girl in the Marvel Rising animated shorts before we had even gotten to see her in the live action show she was cast for .
    According to a post in reddit, someone talked at SDCC to Milana Vayntrub (the actress who was cast as Squirrel Girl) and she said New Warriors has a home, but, of course, she couldn't reveal where the show would air, so, perhaps, Disney's streaming platform?

Here is the link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...b_as_squirrel/

Seems legit, since the guy even took a pic with her, and there is no reason for him to lie about that

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Juila Carpenter would be a good fit. She definitely won't be used for Spider-Man and isn't tied up in any other MCU properties.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think it would be a good opportunity to utilize Firebird.