Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Yeah... the only scenarios I can possibly/maybe/kinda-sorta if I squint see involve Lois and Richard meeting while drunk (she feels betrayed/hurt/etc by Superman and overdoes it, maybe he's in the same place over someone else and shared experience turns them to each other) and the relationship "starting over" in a sense when they talk the next morning and genuinely like each other. Then she finds out she's pregnant and thinks it could be from the first night (or something). I'm even reluctant over this scenario because it feels out of place completely with how I see Lois, I'm just trying to think of a scenario where her guard would be down quickly with Richard and I'm failing to come up with anything that clicks for me. Someone else could probably come up with something better, at least I'd hope so. lol

I see and agree with both of these takes. I generally have an "all-inclusive" idea of Superman and can roll with changes in emphasis.. but SR and MoS broke harder character walls (for me) than I was cool with. And as much as I love the Post-Crisis Superman and will absolutely defend him (with some exceptions, Superman #22 for example), I can see how others look at some of those things and don't like them at all.
According to the Comic Lois met Richard a full month after Superman left. Remember he's Perry's Nephew. He's also a damn good looking guy, can fly a plane and is pretty heroic in his own right. How could she not fall for him? She actually thought the Baby was born Pre-mature and that's why he's so sickly. Remember she has no recollection of being in a relationship with Superman and thought of Clark only as her Friend.