second round film versions

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    three musketeers
    Zorro
    King Arthur
    V from v from vendetta
    first round book version
    second round film versions
    All three musketeers vs Arthur? Unless that magic scabbard preserves him (I forget how it works) he's screwed.

One-on-one, I'm going to guess that generally comparable levels of skill plus Excalibur on Arthur's side gives him the win. Excalibur should be able to shatter any ordinary blade with a proper beat maneuver. At least I would assume.

Does V have any fencing feats? He generally throws knives, and the thread title is "Sword Fight."

Is there any reason why Arthur with basic equipment (Excalibur, scabbard) shouldn't win out here?

All three musketeers vs Arthur? Unless that magic scabbard preserves him (I forget how it works) he's screwed.
    The giant killing, hordes of men wasting Arthur of various old sources is fine vs the three musketeers. He destroys them really.

The Arthur of Le Morte D'arthur was also a pretty solid wrecking machine on a scale more fantastical than the musketeers functioned on, so again..

Mabinogion Arthur of the crush metal to dust in his hand and fight a gigantic country devastating supernatural boar down to death kills them even harder.

See the problem you have here is Three of the four have well defined origin points, and one guy whose a legendary folkloric figure, who's origin point is best defined as, "This is the earliest point where a King Arthur with a magic sword is written down" or alternatively, "here are some real world dudes whose names kind of sound like Arthur, and who were somewhat kingish."

That being said Arthur cuts them all down with ease.

Yep that’s the problem. There are a good like 7 or more versions of Arthur each withba diffeent Thing. I always saw Arthur as part of the monomyth akin to Jesus. Just magic gear and mad fighting skill as opposed to being God incarnate though destined to come back as long.

( Really it is the whole Sun cycle as a story. Main hero is the Sun, 12 followers or monthes. Then death and coming back aka winter and a new year. Just weird stuff, do not mind me, shutting up now.)