Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's no rationle for hiring new people when they know the company is going under. Wanting to put all their eggs on the Walking Dead basket is highly irresponsible.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/shabb...groundsquirrel

Here is a leaked gif of some early work on their Stranger Things game.

Not much to go on, but aside from the weird bug eyes going on, the whole wandering around the house and art style seem really reminiscent of Life is Strange to me.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 09-24-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well it appears "potential partners" are now stepping in to help get the Walking Dead ; The Final Season done. Its early and Telltale can't promise it will happen but it appears talks are underway from folks to help step in and get the series done.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fi...ource=facebook

I'm thinking the "some form" is that the people behind it will push that the 2 episodes release together and not do the typical Telltale move they have been doing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's no rationle for hiring new people when they know the company is going under
    Right? That's such a scumbag thing to do.

Those people have lives for god's sake. Maybe they moved cause of that job, their children changed schools. No fcking respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well it appears "potential partners" are now stepping in to help get the Walking Dead ; The Final Season done. Its early and Telltale can't promise it will happen but it appears talks are underway from folks to help step in and get the series done.

I'm thinking the "some form" is that the people behind it will push that the 2 episodes release together and not do the typical Telltale move they have been doing.
    I hope that they can finish the videogame. I was heartbroken when i heard the sad news.

So it appears that Telltale is now being taken into court for violating labor laws by the massive layoff with no severance they did.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/25/17...wsuit-warn-act
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

This is causing drama. A lot of devs are pissed that partners are looking for a way to finish Walking Dead while Telltale isn't providing severance. They are putting finishing the game over paying their former employees. Even when their dead the management is still ****.

Telltale requested that the final season of the Walking Dead be pulled from online retailers.

https://ign.com/articles/2018/09/26/...39c3747d000105

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If I worked there I'd definitely want to beat someone's ass. This is people's livelihoods here

Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season to be completed by Skybound Games
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...kybound-games/

Hell yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season to be completed by Skybound Games
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...kybound-games/

Hell yeah!!

Kirkman himself seemed to want to finish this one as people asked earlier if we'd see Clementime's story finish on the show. (I'd say the New Frontier would make good villains in a way for TV series)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Good news, though I think a lot of fans will be sad if they abandon WAU2 still. Maybe Warner could pick that and Telltale’s Batman up for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Good news, though I think a lot of fans will be sad if they abandon WAU2 still. Maybe Warner could pick that and Telltale’s Batman up for release.
    Yeah I'm think Warners and Skybound likely will keep the engine uses from now on and could make some decent money doing episodes of this for release. Because for both it makes sense in a way.

Warners can have a Batman game out nearly every year with the lack of Rocksteady ones being done right now. They can make a bit of nice change doing these episodic games each year with this. Skybound and Kikrman now can literally step in and do stories based around Walking Dead , make some decent change and have a more "hands on" effect with it all.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah I'm think Warners and Skybound likely will keep the engine uses from now on and could make some decent money doing episodes of this for release. Because for both it makes sense in a way.

Warners can have a Batman game out nearly every year with the lack of Rocksteady ones being done right now. They can make a bit of nice change doing these episodic games each year with this. Skybound and Kikrman now can literally step in and do stories based around Walking Dead , make some decent change and have a more "hands on" effect with it all.
    Exactly, Warner could consider doing what EA has done with EA Originals or the upcoming Dark Pictures series with Supermassive and try using WAU2 and Batman to launch a platform of cheaper fan friendly games utilizing elements of Telltale's choice mechanics to create new stories around franchises they own, not just Batman and Fables but maybe other DC characters or even a Potterverse set game in the future. Meanwhile Skybound could start a new series of Walking Dead games or based on other comic properties they own.

I've actually been mentally crafting a possible storyline for a third season of Batman, going with the idea that the theme would be about loss of identity and a part of who you are since Bruce has either given up Batman for Alfred or refused and lost him, leading to a Bruce without Batman or a Batman without Bruce. Effectively the Dark Knight Rises of the trilogy. You would have two entirely different opening episodes based on that choice (in a similar way to what they did with Vigilante vs Villain Joker in Enemy Within's last episode) which open some months later with Bruce or Batman embracing one half of himself and the benefits that results in whilst in loss of the other. Cue the arrival of two iconic Batman villains re-imagined as with previous seasons... Poison Ivy and Scarecrow. Except, here's the twist... these two are siblings. As love and fear, life and death, Pamela and Jonathan are part of a wider threat which brings Bruce and Batman tragically and inevitably together... something like that, anyway.