Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Telltale Studio Shutting Down

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/report-t...-shutting-down

They got a skeleton crew to finish the final season of the Walking Dead. All projects they had in development like the second season of the Wolf Among Us has been cancelled. What the hell happened?

Just heard about this today. That's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    https://gematsu.com/2018/09/report-t...-shutting-down

They got a skeleton crew to finish the final season of the Walking Dead. All projects they had in development like the second season of the Wolf Among Us has been cancelled. What the hell happened?
    Oh no.

I knew Telltale was having a lot of production issues, but after they had changed management I was hoping things would start turning around for them .

So this means no more Batman, no more Wolf Among Us, or that Stranger Things game, and more of their patented Adventure Game format.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh no.

I knew Telltale was having a lot of production issues, but after they had changed management I was hoping things would start turning around for them .

So this means no more Batman, no more Wolf Among Us, or that Stranger Things game, and more of their patented Adventure Game format.
    Netflix will have to shop the Stranger Things game to another development team. They can take it to Dontnod Entertainment as their Life is Strange games are similar to Telltale's Adventure Game format.

Not getting more Batman sucks. I enjoyed their take on him.

Netflix will have to shop the Stranger Things game to another development team. They can take it to Dontnod Entertainment as their Life is Strange games are similar to Telltale's Adventure Game format.
    I don't think Dontnod's trying to be an adventure game developer. They seem more interested in trying to make games that center around novel game mechanics. It just happened the Life is Strange broke out for them.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09...ly-closes-down

Game Informer is now reporting that work on the final season of "The Walking Dead" may have been cancelled and that Telltale's last project will be Minecraft for Netflix.

If this rumor happens to be true, I wonder if Telltale's going to be refunding people who paid for the season pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Game Informer is now reporting that work on the final season of "The Walking Dead" may have been cancelled and that Telltale's last project will be Minecraft for Netflix.

If this rumor happens to be true, I wonder if Telltale's going to be refunding people who paid for the season pass?
    From what I understand there is no money left to refund. People havn't been paid for overtime or severance. I wonder if the games will be taken off the Xbox store. I need to get Batman and GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    From what I understand there is no money left to refund. People havn't been paid for overtime or severance. I wonder if the games will be taken off the Xbox store. I need to get Batman and GotG.
    I feel like GotG has the highest risk of disappearing, Marvel has had a lot of games removed from stores because of licensing issues (MCV, Deadpool, and the Ultimate Alliance games all come to mind). Batman/Wolf Among Us I could see just being republished by Warner Bros., similarly Gearbox doing the same with Tales from the Borderlands. As for Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead games...who knows, especially the now truncated final season(of course...the first one I bought before it finished since Season 2...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

How will that work? Like those "Choose your own Adventure" episodes for some of their cartoons?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah this is a sad damn day. I loved the Telltale games and what games they did. Damn this is a blow. As I posted I hope Sony steps in and buys the company and continues the brands they had and games.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How will that work? Like those "Choose your own Adventure" episodes for some of their cartoons?
    It’s supposed to be like that Puss in Boots one they did, adapting the first half of Season One Of Minecraft Story Mode in the same way. The idea was that Telltale would adapt some stuff for Netflix and in exchange they would give the rights to make a Stranger Things game. Apparently they were supposed to get it released in time for Season 2 Of the show but delays caused it to be pushed back significantly. Now because they made a deal they are still contracted to finish the Minecraft adaptation, even though Telltale won’t get the license for Stranger Things, which was supposed to be their saviour after the previous CEO was suing them after leaving the company in such a bad state.

What the hell happened?
    That's what I was wondering. I was under the impression that their games were fairly popular, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    That's what I was wondering. I was under the impression that their games were fairly popular, but apparently not.
    From what is coming out more , the only real popular games that did huge was Walking Dead and Batman. The others were lesser so. The Wolf Among Us was a cult hit and became one they remastered.

But from what is being told their model of making games likely led to their issues. Telltale would release a game then sit and after players made choices change the games next episode to calculate for that and so on. There was no releasing games fully planned out for every choice or action at one time...they'd do it episode by episode. Which made players sometimes not come back for the rest or wait til the finished game was done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah this is a sad damn day. I loved the Telltale games and what games they did. Damn this is a blow. As I posted I hope Sony steps in and buys the company and continues the brands they had and games.
    Sony and any other company is not going to step in and buy them. As awesome as their stories were the studio never produced original IP. Every game they developed was a license. A larger company will literally inherit nothing by buying them.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 09-22-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Sony and any other company is not going to step in and buy them. As awesome as their stories were the studio never produced original IP. Every game they developed was a license. A larger company will literally inherit nothing by buying them.
    Its true they didn't for sure. But with this Sony could have some easy money made and fix the process the company has. They could literally roll a few episodic games a year and do decent sales. I doubt we see a Wolf Among Us. But a Batman and Walking Dead game makes sense business wise to jump on and do it.