Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I wanna know where Cassie Nova and Cain Marko figure into this mess.

BANNED

Cyclops is the first recruit to become an x-man and became the leader of the x-men longest. So it's pretty obvious Professor X will give the school property to him. However, I'm actually surprised that the Jean Grey School is also Professor X'es property. Wolverine's reason is a bit lame. Also how could She-Hulk not know that Cyclops killed Professor x? If Cyclops won't accept, then I think Professor X would give the property to any of the orginal 5 members. I'm sure he considered Jean but she died. So Beast would be the best person to own the property because Iceman is too young and I don't really see Angel a main x-men member. Actually I don't also consider Beast to be a main x-men member anymore. Should Moira Mactaggart have the school instead? If not, then Storm would be next in line until Prof X'es son is mature enough to run the school.

Ultimate Member

Actually, I could see him leaving it to Emma. Whatever her other flaws, and she has her fair share, she's always cared about her students. I could buy Xavier believing that Emma is the one who's most capable to run a school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Should Moira Mactaggart have the school instead?
    She could probably run it better than the people currently in charge, even now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Beast totally is full of it. Emma found out about the Omega machine/torture first. She had Namor by her side and didn't do jack about it until Scott sent X-Force. Canon. And yet Beast never gave her any crap for it.
    He did show up in there bed and call them out afterwards Canon. It still fell on Scott's head as the leader and his plan.

Ultimate Member

Yeah no, that's not how it works. Scott comes up with the plan, but he's not responsible if his subordinates cannot execute it properly. That's on them.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

And back to square 1 with the I hate Scott Summers but can't give an intelligent reason why. Ugh, I was hoping to see some wounds getting mended after Blue and Gold Side teamed up. You have the most successful wielder of the Phoenix explaining the complications but she's brushed aside.

I hope we actually see whats in this will instead of the entire issue devoted to finding Summers and having it end with Wolverine outside of Weapon X peeved and ending with the Uncanny Team facing them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Actually, I could see him leaving it to Emma. Whatever her other flaws, and she has her fair share, she's always cared about her students. I could buy Xavier believing that Emma is the one who's most capable to run a school.
    I didn't consider Emma because I believe Professor X will also consider X-men seniority.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    She could probably run it better than the people currently in charge, even now.
    I really don't think she has enough knowledge about fighting strategies and anything else but she will learn it eventually.

However, if I were Cyclops, I won't give the property to anybody else. BUwahahaha.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've been told that his Avengers and independent work is/was great, so he certainly has talent. To quote myself from elsewhere tonight...
    But I would tell you it was significantly less than great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I really don't think she has enough knowledge about fighting strategies and anything else but she will learn it eventually.
    Also, she's dead.

Still a better choice than Wolverine, Beast or Iceman, though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    But I would tell you it was significantly less than great.
    DD and Alias were great. The Pulse and USM were really good.

BEAST: "Because I don't want to look at [Scott]. I don't want any more of my life dedicated by the actions of that man. I don't want my life to be his life."

Oh really?! Is that why you went through all that trouble bringing the original five--including the guy you don't want to look at--out of their own time and into the present day, thus risking all of existence, just to guilt-trip Scott, huh Hank? Because you didn't want your life to be Scott's life? Good grief, the way Beast is being characterized, I'm surprised one of the other X-Men hasn't already beaten his ass for behaving like such a stuck-up, hollier-than-thou, d-bag--and this is coming from a guy who thinks Cyclops should be in jail for killing Xavier, even though he was possessed by the Phoenix.

And like others have pointed out, wasn't She-Hulk friggin' there when Phoenix-Cyclops killed Xavier? And didn't both Storm and Wolverine also know where Cyclops and the rest of the New Xavier School folks are as well as Beast?

Oh, and I agree with some the earlier posters in thinking that, contrary to what Storm is thinking, Cyclops will not be the one to inherit the school, but that it will go to Emma Frost instead. Not only because of the preview art showing her smiling while everyone is shocked, but because she's an actual credited teacher and a high-level telepath--qualities which Xavier might actually want for a headmaster. Wouldn't surprise me if he also reveals that if Jean were still alive, then the school would've gone to her. And if the school does go to Emma instead of Cyclops, I can imagine he'd feel "betrayed" because, like everyone else, he too assumed he'd inherit the school.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 07-24-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I am beyond sick and tired of Hanks B.S.
    Its become crystal clear to me that he is a moron.His whole spiel against Scott was infuriating to read.RRRRRRRRRRRHATE HIM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    He did show up in there bed and call them out afterwards Canon.
    Afterwards? You mean the scene in UXM #511, don't you? That... that took place before Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    She's not awesome. Pretty much every appearance has some sort of miscue or outright failure on her part (or SWORD's).

There's a reason they stuck her in a remote space outpost. All thats needed is a red stapler and someone to remove the glitch on the payroll.
    While I do find Abby entertaining, her track record is indeed nothing short of abysmal, considering how much intel and resources she has at her disposal.

Ultimate Member

You know, I'm starting to think that Bendis is doing this deliberately. The Gold side all come across as unreasonable idiots, while Scott's group (while not perfect) seem to be doing much better. I think that Bendis is actually a Cyclops supporter, and is intentionally making Wolverine and his dumbass squad look bad.