Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I guess people are STILL ignoring Rachel's expertise on the Phoenix (*COUGH*Hank*COUGH*)?
    Bendis doesn't have expertise with the Phoenix, re: AvX and BotA. The last writer to actually understand the nuance of the Phoenix Force was Grant Morrison. Rachel was completely in control when she wielded the Phoenix Force. She spared Galactus when she found out that the Phoenix Force uses unborn future lives as energy. Scott on the other hand uses the Phoenix Force "possessing him" as his scapegoat for his sins.

The Phoenix doesn't possess its host; it brings out their strongest character traits. Henry isn't having any of this Phoenix Force revisionist bullshit. Jean Grey-Summers at least took responsibility for her Dark Phoenix manifestation and killed herself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah no, that's not how it works. Scott comes up with the plan, but he's not responsible if his subordinates cannot execute it properly. That's on them.
    Yea, no, Scott micromanages and expects them to follow (you know part of the militaric persona) as seen in BW run of Adj. X-men pre-AvX.

Complains when they don't listen to him as seen in UXM under BMB no less.

"Executing properly" has nothing to do with it and falls under training. Hiding secrets from fellow members isn't part of "executing properly"

As far as that story goes with that time point with beast, everyone who was in the know of Scott's plan executed everything properly, beast and Xavier weren't part of it.

Storm sounded constipated. I hope Hank McCoy is soon revealed to be an Inhuman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Yea, no, Scott micromanages and expects them to follow (you know part of the militaric persona) as seen in BW run of Adj. X-men pre-AvX.

"Executing properly" has nothing to do with it and falls under training. Hiding secrets from fellow members isn't part of "executing properly"

As far as that story goes with that time point with beast, everyone who was in the know of Scott's plan executed everything properly, beast and Xavier weren't part of it.
    agree 100%

If 616 Jean were still with us [I miss you, Jean! Hurry back! ], I have no doubt she would be the one getting the school and Xavier's other resources.

Everyone's worrying about the school. What about the other things Xavier had that might be shocking? Did he own a few X-Ranches? And who gets the rest of his stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

You know, I'm starting to think that Bendis is doing this deliberately. The Gold side all come across as unreasonable idiots, while Scott's group (while not perfect) seem to be doing much better. I think that Bendis is actually a Cyclops supporter, and is intentionally making Wolverine and his dumbass squad look bad.
    He is a Cyke supporter, there was a tumblr post where says as much, I believe.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Afterwards? You mean the scene in UXM #511, don't you? That... that took place before Utopia.

That was after, as they were already on utopia. I'll have to look at my trade of Dark Avengers/X-men Utopia for the number of the issue but it was after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If 616 Jean were still with us [I miss you, Jean! Hurry back! ], I have no doubt she would be the one getting the school and Xavier's other resources.

Everyone's worrying about the school. What about the other things Xavier had that might be shocking? Did he own a few X-Ranches? And who gets the rest of his stuff?
    Well we know Beast got the Infinity Gem because he was the only one Xavier believed corrupt enough to be a part of the Illuminati.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    BEAST: "Because I don't want to look at [Scott]. I don't want any more of my life dedicated by the actions of that man. I don't want my life to be his life."

Oh really?! Is that way you went through all that trouble bringing the original five--including the guy you don't want to look at--out of their own time and into the present day, thus risking all of existence, just to guilt-trip Scott, huh Hank? Because you didn't want your life to be Scott's life? Good grief, the way Bendis is characterizing Beast, I'm surprised someone hasn't already beaten his ass long ago--and this is coming from a guy who thinks Cyclops should be in jail for killing Xavier, even though he was possessed by the Phoenix.

And like others have pointed out, wasn't She-Hulk friggin' there when Phoenix-Cyclops killed Xavier? And didn't both Storm and Wolverine also know where Cyclops and the rest of the New Xavier School folks are as well as Beast?

Oh, and I agree with some the earlier posters in thinking that, contrary to what Storm is thinking, Cyclops will not be the one to inherit the school, but that it will go to Emma Frost instead. Not only because of the preview art showing her smiling while everyone is shocked, but because she's an actual credited teacher and a high-level telepath--qualities which Xavier might actually want for a headmaster. Wouldn't surprise me if he also reveals that if Jean were still alive, then the school would've gone to her. And if the school does go to Emma instead of Cyclops, I can imagine he'd feel "betrayed" because, like everyone else, he too assumed he'd inherit the school.
    The scan which showed Emma smiling while everyone was shocked makes it possible that Emma might inherit the property. However, I still think seniority will be considered by Professor X so I don't really think Prof X will choose Emma. But since it was already stated that Cyclops will own the property so it's going to be Cyclops decision, and if Cyclops won't accept it, then he'd most probably give the property to Emma.

Ultimate Member

Considering how much of an idiot and petty douche Beast have proven to be, Scott keeping important details from him is probably for the best. He risked screwing up the timeline just to mess with Scott, I wouldn't trust him with a goldfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Well we know Beast got the Infinity Gem because he was the only one Xavier believed corrupt enough to be a part of the Illuminati.
    *slow clap* Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    BEAST: "Because I don't want to look at [Scott]. I don't want any more of my life dedicated by the actions of that man. I don't want my life to be his life."

Oh really?! Is that why you went through all that trouble bringing the original five--including the guy you don't want to look at--out of their own time and into the present day, thus risking all of existence, just to guilt-trip Scott, huh Hank? Because you didn't want your life to be Scott's life? Good grief, the way Beast is being characterized, I'm surprised one of the other X-Men hasn't already beaten his ass for being such a stuck-up, hollier-than-thou, d-bag--and this is coming from a guy who thinks Cyclops should be in jail for killing Xavier, even though he was possessed by the Phoenix.

And like others have pointed out, wasn't She-Hulk friggin' there when Phoenix-Cyclops killed Xavier? And didn't both Storm and Wolverine also know where Cyclops and the rest of the New Xavier School folks are as well as Beast?

Oh, and I agree with some the earlier posters in thinking that, contrary to what Storm is thinking, Cyclops will not be the one to inherit the school, but that it will go to Emma Frost instead. Not only because of the preview art showing her smiling while everyone is shocked, but because she's an actual credited teacher and a high-level telepath--qualities which Xavier might actually want for a headmaster. Wouldn't surprise me if he also reveals that if Jean were still alive, then the school would've gone to her. And if the school does go to Emma instead of Cyclops, I can imagine he'd feel "betrayed" because, like everyone else, he too assumed he'd inherit the school.
    I'd doubt Scott would feel betrayed if Emma got the school.

BANNED

That was after, as they were already on utopia. I'll have to look at my trade of Dark Avengers/X-men Utopia for the number of the issue but it was after.
    How could Emma have told Scott about her involvement with Osborn the next morning if it takes place after he learned about her involvement with Osborn? Time travel?

You know, I'm starting to think that Bendis is doing this deliberately. The Gold side all come across as unreasonable idiots, while Scott's group (while not perfect) seem to be doing much better. I think that Bendis is actually a Cyclops supporter, and is intentionally making Wolverine and his dumbass squad look bad.
    I'm not sure what Latour or Kyost are doing, but I know Aaron did the exact same thing while he wrote the Gold Side. Maybe it isn't the writers playing favorism, but maybe Schism turned Wolverine's squad into a bunch of whiny morons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I wanna know where Cassie Nova and Cain Marko figure into this mess.
    Cassandra Nova Xavier was still born and didn't make it to full term. Cain Marko is a half brother and was disowned by the Xavier family.