Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Eternals Gets a Director

Eternals gets a director Chloe Zhao

Someone needs to tell the people in charge at Marvel that they have the X-Men now. They don't need to bother with this D-list stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Someone needs to tell the people in charge at Marvel that they have the X-Men now. They don't need to bother with this D-list stuff.
    Given Thanos' back story they're probably planning something big with the X-Men and FF or without if it's part of Feige's plan it will happen and I trust it.

Some of us like Kirby's contributions to the medium/genre.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

X-MEN time is up. It's time for the d-list to be household names.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In before they move this movie up for an X-Men/FF film like they did with Spider-Man .

BANNED

They don't have the X-Men yet

Eternals might be "D-list," but they are big, colorful, "wow" type characters, and I would love to see their movie. I think Eternals fits in very well with the Marvel Movie brand because there isn't a dark undercurrent to it like there is with Kirby's New Gods.

I'd rather see New Gods as it has more interaction between humans and gods, but I doubt we'll ever see a New Gods movie or even have them appear again due to both the failure of Justice League and the lazy "dark is bad" critiques against DCEU, but I digress.

As far as Eternals is concerned, if they keep the "even larger than larger-than-life" feel -- Kirby Krackle and all -- and don't make it silly like Guardians, then I will love this movie.

Make it big. Make it colorful. Make it cosmic. Make it Kirby.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Shhhh, now now, easy easy. lol no need to get carried away.

Well I for one am excited and I loved what they did with Thanos so i hope they build upon it and use him to some degree for a eternals movie. I found Thanos to be sympathetic as is but if we got any details on his life prior to Titans collapse it woulda added to that. Maybe Avengers 4 expands on it but if not Eternals can have Thanos as a side character.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Eternals might be "D-list," but they are big, colorful, "wow" type characters, and I would love to see their movie. I think Eternals fits in very well with the Marvel Movie brand because there isn't a dark undercurrent to it like there is with Kirby's New Gods.

I'd rather see New Gods as it has more interaction between humans and gods, but I doubt we'll ever see a New Gods movie or even have them appear again due to both the failure of Justice League and the lazy "dark is bad" critiques against DCEU, but I digress.

As far as Eternals is concerned, if they keep the "even larger than larger-than-life" feel -- Kirby Krackle and all -- and don't make it silly like Guardians, then I will love this movie.

Make it big. Make it colorful. Make it cosmic. Make it Kirby.
    Isnt the wrinkle in time lady still making a new gods movie? Eva Duvaine? Ugh her names escaping me

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Blade was a D-List and made a couple of successful films.

However, a TV series didn't work out well for Inhumans
    A TV series didn't work out well for Blade, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well I for one am excited and I loved what they did with Thanos so i hope they build upon it and use him to some degree for a eternals movie. I found Thanos to be sympathetic as is but if we got any details on his life prior to Titans collapse it woulda added to that. Maybe Avengers 4 expands on it but if not Eternals can have Thanos as a side character.
    I still want to see Starfox .
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Isnt the wrinkle in time lady still making a new gods movie? Eva Duvaine? Ugh her names escaping me
    Ava DuVernay .

Astonishing Member

Disney is going to make as many franchises as possible out of Marvel. It's all about the merchandise and theme parks. Why rest on the Avengers and GOTG when there are more to exploit?

I'm pleased that they can dig up some obscure fringe properties and elevate them in their movies with a good working plan that works well in the overall plot threads they work with and work up. If they think the world needs to know more characters, this could be a gateway to fans to be able to talk more freely about some of their favorite characters most people have no idea exist.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage