Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It's so weird. I'm used to Marvel mainly using stuff from the Eternals series as an excuse for an "uncaused cause" that explains the existence of superhumans. Like in the latest Avengers story arc.

Also, I have some issues with it because the series concept is based on the whole "Ancient Aliens" thing which is an archaeological conspiracy theory largely rooted in racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Isnt the wrinkle in time lady still making a new gods movie? Eva Duvaine? Ugh her names escaping me
    Well, Ava DuVernay was announced as New Gods director back in March, and since then news about progression of the film has been pretty non-existent. Again, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that New Gods will be yet another announced-but-not-happening film from the DCEU -- especially given all the behind-the-scenes changes at Warner. If they can't even commit to Superman, I don't see why a movie starring characters from the failed Justice League would go ahead.

Also, I don't know if Ava DuVernay has the halo she did back when this was announced. Her attachment to New Gods was reported at the end of March 2018 after her movie A Wrinkle in Time opened March 9.

However, the final result for A Wrinkle in Time was not good:

"The film received mixed reviews, with critics taking issue "with the film's heavy use of CGI and numerous plot holes" while some "celebrated its message of female empowerment and diversity".

With a total production and advertisement budget of around $250 million, [A Wrinkle in Time] underperformed and was deemed a box office bomb, grossing $132 million worldwide and losing Disney at least $86 million."

I just can't imagine that a New Gods movie with this director is a super-high priority at Warner right now. I'm guessing Warner is interested in accumulating a lot of mainstream hits before it goes to obscure characters like the New Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still want to see Starfox .

Ava DuVernay .
    That would be cool and hope they keep all familial ties. Dont makes people on titan look like Thanos. Him being a freak among his own people could add top his sympathy. Especialy when starfox looks like a super model.

Is there any news on the story they wanna tell? Like are we gonna get a origin story on earth set long ago or we gonna keep titan origin story. A present day team of eternals either survivors from Titan or another group? Really curious where they go with it. But I doubt they skip the chance to use thanos again. Though I think he would have a tiny role

That would be cool and hope they keep all familial ties. Dont makes people on titan look like Thanos. Him being a freak among his own people could add top his sympathy. Especialy when starfox looks like a super model.
    I think even in the brief glimpse of pre-destruction Titan we got in Infinity War it didn't appear one way or another whether every Titan looked like Thanos.
    Is there any news on the story they wanna tell? Like are we gonna get a origin story on earth set long ago or we gonna keep titan origin story. A present day team of eternals either survivors from Titan or another group? Really curious where they go with it. But I doubt they skip the chance to use thanos again. Though I think he would have a tiny role
    I think they've said it will deal with the Eternals contending with the Deviants and a love story between Ikaris and Sersi (which I think has never been a thing in the comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think even in the brief glimpse of pre-destruction Titan we got in Infinity War it didn't appear one way or another whether every Titan looked like Thanos.

I think they've said it will deal with the Eternals contending with the Deviants and a love story between Ikaris and Sersi (which I think has never been a thing in the comics).
    Ikaris ok. Well if it takes place on earth I'm guessing its gonna be like 20k years ago. Still rather them fuse soem different storys and make the movie on Titan. I wanna see Titan before the fall. And yea from what we saw we have no clue what titan life was like. Thanos is the only one we saw but if they make them all Giant purple dudes its gonna lose points with me. Maybe explain the reason no one listened to Thanos when he warned them is that on top of it being a crazy plan he had to civilized people. No one trusted him prior because he was a deviant. Only issue is thanos is an expensive CGI character. So I'd see any appearance by him a cameo and then hes just mentioned alot. "THE MAD Titan this and that thrown around"

Besides Thanos talking like hes real old did they ever hint at his age in IW? Curious if they gonna give the eternal those crazy life spans
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-22-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Can't wait for the inevitable 'Eternals vs Inhumans vs X-Men vs Avengers: All New Mega Event That Will Change Everything Forever' crossover event that this will inspire in the comics.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

They cut his backstory from the movie. I recall Brolin saying something about Thanos being considered 'deformed' on his planet. So he might be the only or maybe one of the few purple dudes on his planet.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They cut his backstory from the movie. I recall Brolin saying something about Thanos being considered 'deformed' on his planet. So he might be the only or maybe one of the few purple dudes on his planet.

Ok good just hoping they dont try to make Thanos and titans completely separate from the Eternals in an attempt to simplify.

Mighty Member

Ok good just hoping they dont try to make Thanos and titans completely separate from the Eternals in an attempt to simplify.
    Actually he was separate. His Eternals are from Titan and die no problem. Most were killed by his mercenaries. The Kirby Eternals are much harder to kill and were only connected to the Titanian ones via a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Actually he was separate. His Eternals are from Titan and die no problem. Most were killed by his mercenaries. The Kirby Eternals are much harder to kill and were only connected to the Titanian ones via a retcon.
    Half of things in comics are only connected through a retcon. And yea the Titans die pretty easy it seems if your names not Thanos. Anyway ikaris is like 20k year old right? How old Is Thanos do they ever say? I've seen people say anything from 400 to 4000. Have they ever clarified?

Mighty Member

Half of things in comics are only connected through a retcon. And yea the Titans die pretty easy it seems if your names not Thanos. Anyway ikaris is like 20k year old right? How old Is Thanos do they ever say? I've seen people say anything from 400 to 4000. Have they ever clarified?
    No, the Kirby Eternals need to be disentegrated to kill them, the Starlin Eternals die like any other aliens. That is what makes it a particularly silly retcon.

Someone needs to tell the people in charge at Marvel that they have the X-Men now. They don't need to bother with this D-list stuff.
    D-list team gotg worked out great for them. X-Men was a D-list team in the 60s. A D-list hero can turn into a A-list one overnight in the right hands.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Someone needs to tell the people in charge at Marvel that they have the X-Men now. They don't need to bother with this D-list stuff.
    What is A/D lost in comics has zero relevance when it comes to what will be popular in the movies, where Rocket Raccoon is A-list and Superman is C-list at best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What is A/D lost in comics has zero relevance when it comes to what will be popular in the movies, where Rocket Raccoon is A-list and Superman is C-list at best.
    I'm still amazed that Star-Lord is a lead character now. The guy disappears for two decades and no one misses him. Abnett and Lanning bring him back for a couple of space events and now he's a movie star.

Superman is sooo not C-list. His movies have been lately, but thats quite a bit different.

To the Eternals movie - Bring it on! I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to convince people to go see it.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-24-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.