Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm still amazed that Star-Lord is a lead character now. The guy disappears for two decades and no one misses him. Abnett and Lanning bring him back for a couple of space events and now he's a movie star.
    I was amazed when Marvel took Ironman and made him one of the most popular fictional characters of this era. And then they took way more Obscure characters like GOTG and made them household names. I think having a xharacter like Spiderman or Batman gives it an advantage but it doesnt guarantee it will do better then a character like Cardiac. GoTG was a blast and people connected with it. Knowing it ties to the MCU helps a certain group of people but alot of people dont understand that the Fox marvel movies are made by different people then the MCU movies and it doesnt guarantee them success. Also I think Marvel makes great trailers and it gets people in there. Hope both companies put more money into obscure characters

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Someone needs to tell the people in charge at Marvel that they have the X-Men now. They don't need to bother with this D-list stuff.
    Nope.

I like them not immediately grabbing the low-hanging fruit. They've proven they can make $$$ out of D-list characters. Gives me hope they'll tackle Moon Knight or something crazy like M.O.D.O.K: Adventures in Babysitting.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Someone needs to tell the people in charge at Marvel that they have the X-Men now. They don't need to bother with this D-list stuff.
    I would rather see a movie on new characters instead of the same characters from 20 years ago. Also the mutants are, to me, the boring and safe option, I would rather Marvel take leaps of faith on not as well known characters instead of doing the same characters over and over. The only Fox characters that I do want see is the Fantastic Four because they haven't had much luck with Fox making their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm still amazed that Star-Lord is a lead character now. The guy disappears for two decades and no one misses him. Abnett and Lanning bring him back for a couple of space events and now he's a movie star.
    DnA for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Nope.

I like them not immediately grabbing the low-hanging fruit. They've proven they can make $$$ out of D-list characters. Gives me hope they'll tackle Moon Knight or something crazy like M.O.D.O.K: Adventures in Babysitting.
    MODOK's Eleven!

There's rumors abound that MODOK is on the docket for a villain use soon with AIM.

Personally, I'm hoping for Ant-Man/Wasp vs. MODOK with some Agents of Atlas sprinkled in.

Spector was "in" Punisher on Netflix. And Feige stated in April that Moonie was on the block. Last rumor was they're debating between MCU and Netflix largely because of the budget it would require.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-25-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

We live in a world where the Antman movie made less than 40 million world wide less than Justice League, whether they were A list or D list in the comics doesn't really matter anymore

BANNED

Do you think that the Eternals might have something to do with the eventual rise of the Mutant species in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok good just hoping they dont try to make Thanos and titans completely separate from the Eternals in an attempt to simplify.
    It could be established that part of Thanos race survived unbeknownst to him. Or maybe ancient ancestors of Kree, Skrull, human and Titan races were kidnapped and experimented on by Celestials and are now living in separate civilizations with the events of Infinity War bringing them out into the open. A composite team of human, Kree, Skrulls and Titan races might be awesome.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Do you think that the Eternals might have something to do with the eventual rise of the Mutant species in the MCU?
    I hope not. I don't want their movie to be an elaborate setup to introduce the X-Men.

They certainly have the source material to make a great looking movie. Just follow the King.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    This is what I suspected they were heading towards..

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope not. I don't want their movie to be an elaborate setup to introduce the X-Men.
    ...buuut this is a very fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Superman is sooo not C-list. His movies have been lately, but thats quite a bit different.

To the Eternals movie - Bring it on! I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to convince people to go see it.
    Tell them it's a Marvel movie, that advertises itself. As to those who do not like nor care for the MCU (or comic book movies for that matter), tell them it will probably be like Indiana Jones, except that one of the archaeologists is also part of the treasure they were digging.

At least that is the impression it's about.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Nope.

It would be the ultimate triumph if Marvel would show DC they can do Batman better than his own publisher. I'm all for Marc Spector wether on Netflix or the big screen. Can't believe I'm looking forward to MCU Fantastic Four or Cosmic Marvel more than Joker or Birds of Prey movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They certainly have the source material to make a great looking movie. Just follow the King.

Inspiration for Geiger, perhaps, and his designs for Alien?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

so will this be a period film, and if so, what time frame? Since the Eternals are centuries old...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Inspiration for Geiger, perhaps, and his designs for Alien?
    or they were having the same inspiration: precolumbian art