Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People with insecurities aren't normally science experiments either but that didn't stop the cool thatguy from claiming Rocket was more relatable.
    I am not him, I never made any claim about Rocket in relation to Superman. So don't make his statements mine because we both disagreed with you.

Btw, there have been people who talked about how Snyder's DCEU films helped them with their depression.

That doesn't happen if your protagonist isn't relatable.
    I never said he wasn't relatable, I disagreed with the degree. And that everything wasn't presented very well. People can relate to looney toons characters or Rick from Rick and Morty. I am also sure someone, some where got less depressed from watching them as well. That doesn't make them good role models or being well handled in terms of being relatable.

Anyway, I'm done with this conversation and I think the thread has been derailed enough.
    Ok

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually it isn't the only time. It's discussed in the flashbacks to Clark as a boy, he talks about it with the Jor-El ghost and later on we see him talking about it with Lois and his mother. And he never says earth had its chance so there's another mistake on your part.

And being a talking racoon experiment is relatable to the average person how?

You might find Rocket relatable. Doesn't mean everyone does. Because everyone has different experiences.
    It's amazing how you jump from exact detail (no one can relate to a talking racoon!) to broad generalizations (Batman and Iron Man suffered trauma, they're the same!) in a single debate.

Rocket is relatable because he's an outsider. He's sympathetic because of his backstory. And his characterization reflects that.

Superman's problem is that he's too awesome.

That? That's hard to relate to.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's amazing how you jump from exact detail (no one can relate to a talking racoon!) to broad generalizations (Batman and Iron Man suffered trauma, they're the same!) in a single debate.

Rocket is relatable because he's an outsider. He's sympathetic because of his backstory. And his characterization reflects that.

Superman's problem is that he's too awesome.

That? That's hard to relate to.
    That in itself is a pretty broad generalization.

I don't think it fits either the flawed DCEU version or the character in general. Where are he and his life presented as being awesome in the movies? And much like all versions of Clark, he has a job he has to go to to pay the bills and is in a loving adult relationship, which even people without super powers can relate to.

I also don't think you need to find a character relateable to find them interesting. Some of my favorite characters in fiction I either cannot relate to completely or at all.