Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    goldenknight2018

Default Billy Batson and Shazam should have about the same age

Too similar to Superman, maybe.

dcau producer does not interact with Captain Marvel, they're probably not enough shazam/captain marvel fans, only a few people at dc care about captain marvel, and yet, not too many people at dc care about captain marvel which is very disappointing.

copy from NEWSARAMA

Mark Waid: “They don’t have a clue. It has been said to me by management more than once that he is a played-out character, nobody cares, and ‘name one good Captain Marvel story.’"

“There’s a ton of ‘em! But the problem is, once you have guys in charge who think that the character is useless and dumb and stupid and sucks, there’s nothing you can do to change their mind. All you can do is ride it out and wait for the next guy to come along who has vision, and is excited about the character, and really do something with him."

“We all would do that character for almost free! But for whatever reason, the powers that be have decided that the character is for kids and played out and dumb…and by the way, ‘for kids’ is somehow seen as a bad thing."

“Unfortunately, the rap on Captain Marvel is that he’s a second-rate Superman, no one wants to read him, and he’s a sad, played-out character, and talking tigers and evil worms are stupid.”

Elliot Maggin: “The modern audience has to be under 10. And nobody wants to write for them."
    “The character has to be written toward kids, but that doesn’t preclude other age groups. I thought Harry Potter was some of the best writing in years. The medium works for kids; it just doesn’t work for some adults.”

not many people want to read about adult manchild captain marvel/Shazam. why? captain marvel can't join teen titans I never a fan of Young Justice, why because of little boy billy at 7 years old turn into adult captain marvel team with young Justice?

adult captain marvel who is really little boy billy at 7 years old join justice league, this is really bad writing.

I felt Billy Batson and Shazam should have about the same age, I read Superman Future's end it about 20 years old Billy Batson pose as Superman that five years in the future, that very close to adult captain marvel that makes sense
    I hope Geoff Johns fix it, and hopefully, billy turn 18 and better not remain 15. he been the kid for over 75 years !!

look at the titans they all grown up
    Last edited by goldenknight2018; 09-22-2018 at 08:06 AM.