Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Ultron and Bastion

Bastion is the ultimate sentinel held bend on destroying mutants to "save humanity".Will ultron and bastion get along?

Sounds like it could be a fun/interesting team up for a full team of A+X.

I would love to read that story.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Bastion has a fundamental disagreement with Ultron. The latter wants to eradicate/supplant humanity. Bastion's directive is to protect it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Bastion has a fundamental disagreement with Ultron. The latter wants to eradicate/supplant humanity. Bastion's directive is to protect it.
    Pretty much this. They both have nanomachine-based infection/conversion capabilities, depending on the particular incarnation, and have both used the Technarchs' techno-organic virus as part of their schemes, but their endgames are very different. Ultron wants to wipe out everyone, while Bastion wants to wipe out mutants in the name of protecting humanity. Still, it would be a very intriguing meeting, and for however long they were able to work together before inevitably coming to blows, they would be a nightmare for the X-Men and Avengers to deal with.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much this. They both have nanomachine-based infection/conversion capabilities, depending on the particular incarnation, and have both used the Technarchs' techno-organic virus as part of their schemes, but their endgames are very different. Ultron wants to wipe out everyone, while Bastion wants to wipe out mutants in the name of protecting humanity. Still, it would be a very intriguing meeting, and for however long they were able to work together before inevitably coming to blows, they would be a nightmare for the X-Men and Avengers to deal with.
    I would love to see A+X dealing with ultron vs bastion.Will bastion's direction make him fight ultron or ultron will help fulfill bastion's mission first to get him on board?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I would love to see A+X dealing with ultron vs bastion.Will bastion's direction make him fight ultron or ultron will help fulfill bastion's mission first to get him on board?
    I could see their alliance starting in the latter way, only to degenerate along the lines of the former once Ultron started showing no regard for humans getting caught in the crossfire, and even targeting them deliberately.

BANNED

I could see their alliance starting in the latter way, only to degenerate along the lines of the former once Ultron started showing no regard for humans getting caught in the crossfire, and even targeting them deliberately.
    I don't think bastion care about human causalities as long as mutants are being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I don't think bastion care about human causalities as long as mutants are being killed.
    Ah, so he's a utilitarian, then. "As long as more humans than mutants are alive at the end of the day, who cares if a few humans here and there get killed?"

Mighty Member

Ah, so he's a utilitarian, then. "As long as more humans than mutants are alive at the end of the day, who cares if a few humans here and there get killed?"
    When he was just Nimrod, this would not have been true.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    When he was just Nimrod, this would not have been true.
    Please explain ?
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I've always thought how cool it would be if Ultron controlled the Sentinels.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I think Ultron is superior to Bastion.

Considering that the purpose of the two is different an alliance would be difficult but they could work together temporarily. However in the end Ultron would probably betray Bastion and assimilate him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Please explain ?
    Bastion was formed by a mystical merging of Nimrod and Master Mold. Nimrod was programmed to protect human life to a far greater degree and would not kill innocent humans to kill mutants.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Bastion was formed by a mystical merging of Nimrod and Master Mold. Nimrod was programmed to protect human life to a far greater degree and would not kill innocent humans to kill mutants.
    On the opposite side though you have Master Mold who at one time believed that the best way to stop mutants was to kill all humans to make sure no new mutants were ever born. It is a wonder Bastion was not more crazy with those two dueling idologys making up his core.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Recently, Bastion has twisted his vision to embrace saving mutantkind, because without them he has no purpose. I guess he's more of a pruner, these days, than a scorched Earth type.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier