Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well, Snyder is currently doing the same thing with John Stewart in Justice League and it seems to be doing just fine. If John can fight against Sinestro and be partnered with Barry Allen, characters who are well-known to be associated with another Green Lantern and fans don't have a problem with it, why can't Vic fight against villains who aren't exclusively created for him.
I have seen fans who have a problem with that. To prove it, I can mention some by "name". Let's get forum member Han9000 in here and see what they would have to say about that. While we're at it, let's also see what some of those fans have to say about John Stewart being in the Justice League instead of Hal Jordan. John Stewart doesn't have his own foundation, and because of that, he will always have to deal with "Han9000s" and people of like mind. There are even many people like that working behind the scenes. So whether it's really working for John Stewart is debatable. I would argue that, in the long run, it isn't.