Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I personally think DC should do those online originals for Cy like Marvel did for Luke and Jessica although they didn't last that long either. Any character thats not a really big name is gonna struggle.
    This is very true. And if you can't REALLY create here without adding to problems that are already going on in the industry, or capitulating to them, it's like, why bother with any of it? Just print more Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I personally think DC should do those online originals for Cy like Marvel did for Luke and Jessica although they didn't last that long either. Any character thats not a really big name is gonna struggle.
    Man, I could write a whole essay about how I'd change the distribution and production model, how I'd market it........but that's a whole other thread.

I'll just say that yeah, the current market is not kind, and its realities really infringe on the creative end of things. And while the publishers are making attempts to break into new audiences and markets, if they don't get real brave real soon and make some big, daring changes, I fear they'll find themselves making big, daring changes anyway out of desperation as the industry implodes on itself.

Im not one of those "comics are dying tomorrow!" alarmists, but it's not hard to read the trajectory here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Maybe Walmart would be a good place to distribute the next Cyborg story. I'm still waiting for DC to publish the last 3 chapters of the Mekkan X storyline.

Do you think DC will even officially acknowledge that next year 2020 is Cyborg's 40th anniversary with ... anything?

And wouldn't a 12-issue (fully returnable) maxi-series that split time between establishing his own corner of the DCU (original and/or little-used characters for his franchise) and showing his interactions with the more popular DC characters (other Leaguers/Titans and arch-villains) be a best-case scenario at this point?

Since good reusable original characters are so hard to come by in corporate storytelling (mainly due to a lack of royalties a la Chuck Dixon's sweet Bane deal), what little- used or nearly forgotten DC characters could be rescued from limbo and drafted into the Cyborg franchise as supporting cast or rogues gallery?

That just got me thinking of all the forgotten/in limbo villains that could be revitalized in a volume 3 for Vic. Oh, the possibilities!

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Bring back those Mind Wyrmms from Cyborg #3 and #4 (Rebirth.) I love those things so much.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Take inspiration from Mega Man X. The Singularity Aftermath storyline was clearly doing that.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Do you think DC will even officially acknowledge that next year 2020 is Cyborg's 40th anniversary with ... anything?

And wouldn't a 12-issue (fully returnable) maxi-series that split time between establishing his own corner of the DCU (original and/or little-used characters for his franchise) and showing his interactions with the more popular DC characters (other Leaguers/Titans and arch-villains) be a best-case scenario at this point?

Since good reusable original characters are so hard to come by in corporate storytelling (mainly due to a lack of royalties a la Chuck Dixon's sweet Bane deal), what little- used or nearly forgotten DC characters could be rescued from limbo and drafted into the Cyborg franchise as supporting cast or rogues gallery?
    NO. Funny when I mention this acknowledging of anniversaries with POC-it gets QUICKLY shot down. As it not being fair to do that for someone like Static and not (insert unused white guy (mainly from JSA)) here.

You don't have to do them every month. You can do one for the entire year and go on from there. You mainly do that for a trade.

Jessica had two of them along with Ironfist and Cloak & Dagger. Not sure about Punisher.

Luke's trade is actually selling well on Amazon very popular among teens.

The market needs to be reconditioned, then, if creators can't simply create without having to rely on silly gimmicks and stipulations. Either that, or a new marketplace needs to be found.
    The market is there. The issue is that DC logo. Because everyone else has found other pathways.

Titan Comics does complete arcs with Rivers of London.

Image has books that take breaks between runs. While other books have a set run like Gasolina.

After Shock seems to do arcs and then break.

Ahoy Comics has Wrong Earth returning next year and this book did what Naomi is-selling out and increasing in interest.

Cyborg could do any of those.

what little- used or nearly forgotten DC characters could be rescued from limbo and drafted into the Cyborg franchise as supporting cast or rogues gallery?
    Black Spider
    Archer
    Blackwing
    Billy Numerous
    Chunk
    Dr No-Face
    Kulak
    Puzzler
    Solaris