Ultimate Member

Default Would this work at Marvel? Buy an entire run ahead of time

https://www.newsarama.com/41885-vali...citations.html

The LIVEWIRE #1-8 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE – eight massively expanded editions of Valiant’s pulse-pounding ongoing series – can only be ordered as a set and must be ordered with your local comic shop by the final order cut-off date of November 26th, 2018! Released monthly from December 2018 through July 2019, each PRE-ORDER EDITION comes packed with trade paperback-style extras and bonus content, including creator commentary, behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of the comics, process character designs and artwork, and first looks at upcoming issues! Plus, exclusive covers by a host of amazing artists – beginning with Paulina Ganucheau (The Unbelievable Gwenpool) – that can't be found anywhere else!

The only way to obtain these exclusive items is to pre-order all eight issues with your local comic shop by the final order cut-off date of November 26th, 2018! No more copies will be made available beyond that date and subsequent issues will not be offered in later solicitations!
    It includes a lot of extra stuff that may or may not be put in the trades. At least you are knowing you will see that number of issues. And the price of each is still $3.99

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Didn't they used to call something like this, "subscriptions"?
    And yeah, depending on the creative personnel, there are series I'd definitely prepay a 'sub' for.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

So it's this. Remember when you could do that with all marvel comics?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I do remember that. Such a good idea. . . but now... I'm kinda sketch on the product and I'm not sure I'd DO that for a run in current era. Its all
    catch as catch can for a wise consumer.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So it's this. Remember when you could do that with all marvel comics?
    A case could be made for that. However you would get your money back for issues that don't come out.

This says you WILL get those 8 issues no matter what.

However what Valiant is doing is giving you a extra stuff that looks like it would NOT be in the regular issues.