Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Actually, she never died. She was replaced by an actress while villains held the real one hostage, and the actress was the one who died. Later, the real May was shot, and would've died, if not for the deal with Mephisto.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/May_Reilly_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    No. They did a storyline a few years back to dissolve the marriage. Long story short, in order to save Aunt May's life ( who died back in the 90's but editors wanted back for some reason some years later), Peter made a deal with Misphisto. What the devil wanted in return was Peter and Mary Jane's marriage. So no one remembers that Pete and MJ were ever married.
    Oh - much better.

SNUFU

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, she never died. She was replaced by an actress while villains held the real one hostage, and the actress was the one who died. Later, the real May was shot, and would've died, if not for the deal with Mephisto.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/May_Reilly_(Earth-616)
    Sure that's how they brought her back, but in the original story it was meant to be Aunt May that died. Just like Jean Grey. She died in X-Men #137, but into order to bring her back, it was revealed that it was a different entity that "died". But when the story was written, it was supposed to be the real Jean.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Oh - much better.

SNUFU
    Well, at that time the editors felt that Spiderman was getting "too old" and it was harder for younger readers to relate to him. They didn't want to break up Pete and MJ per se as much as not want him to be married and "old", so they were hesitant to have him get a divorce. So this was their way of saying that it never happened and Parker is still a struggling guy in his early twenties.

Astonishing Member

Well, at that time the editors felt that Spiderman was getting "too old" and it was harder for younger readers to relate to him. They didn't want to break up Pete and MJ per se as much as not want him to be married and "old", so they were hesitant to have him get a divorce. So this was their way of saying that it never happened and Parker is still a struggling guy in his early twenties.
    By all important definition a reset in essence I feel

A poorly handled way of doing it I felt

And strangely I feel very little they did since need the marriage gone

I actually think they haven't done as much as perhaps they could of

But I have to admit I only read Slott's run sporadically if it touched on other stories and most of my view is from others description

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    By all important definition a reset in essence I feel

A poorly handled way of doing it I felt

And strangely I feel very little they did since need the marriage gone

I actually think they haven't done as much as perhaps they could of

But I have to admit I only read Slott's run sporadically if it touched on other stories and most of my view is from others description

Slott's writing is one of the reasons I couldn't read Sipider-man. But what does this prove,? Good stories are not necessary for a comic to succeed.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-a-good-story

It is more imprortant that a comic has consistency.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Slott's writing is one of the reasons I couldn't read Sipider-man. But what does this prove,? Good stories are not necessary for a comic to succeed.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-a-good-story

It is more imprortant that a comic has consistency.
    Im giving his ff a chance coz I love the characters

so far it's ok

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Im giving his ff a chance coz I love the characters

so far it's ok
    I hear that!

Sure that's how they brought her back, but in the original story it was meant to be Aunt May that died. Just like Jean Grey. She died in X-Men #137, but into order to bring her back, it was revealed that it was a different entity that "died". But when the story was written, it was supposed to be the real Jean.
    Point is, the 90s "death" had nothing to do with the Mephisto deal.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

By the way, was November's Daredevil #612 the last of Marvel's "Legacy numbering" still going on since they launched that promo back in 2017?

Think so. They'll keep the sub-numbering around for "anniversary" issues for a while yet though I'd guess.

This thread is too long.

Start another one so I can post on Page 1.

Nine pages isn't too long. Have you seen how long some of the appreciation threads are?
    Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Think so. They'll keep the sub-numbering around for "anniversary" issues for a while yet though I'd guess.
    Yeah, Zdarsky's #1 should say LGY#613 on the cover though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nine pages isn't too long. Have you seen how long some of the appreciation threads are?
    I think that one went right over your head

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, was November's Daredevil #612 the last of Marvel's "Legacy numbering" still going on since they launched that promo back in 2017?
    I'm pretty sure that's so. Outside of Star Wars (which did NOT get legacy numbering to start with) nothing is above 50 as of February's books.

Star Wars and Conan need legacy numbering. At least with a lgy note on the cover.