Default The Kennedy’s And The 616

I was stunned to see an autograph collected by an Englishman, of Jacqueline Kennedy on June 6, 1961.

I don’t know if many of you realise but it is generally thought the first Silver Age super hero comic (Fantastic Four #1) was published in June 1961, and it is thought that the Marvel Universe was named after this date, 61/6, as the 616 universe. And I for one, felt John Kennedy was a huge influence on the enthusiasm and positiveness of the Marvel comics of the sixties, so to see such a significant connection between the Kennedy’s and the date of Marvel starting super heroes is quite an exciting thing to me. (I felt that the depressingly conservative Eisenhower/Nixon era was smashed by the young, new breed, Kennedy that was elected and took office in January 1961).

I have a screen shot from the program that showed the autograph as well.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-03-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Fantastic Four #1 is the first Marvel superhero comic (they were Atlas until shortly before then) but the first silver age comic is actually Showcase #4 from DC, which debuted Barry Allen, the silver age Flash, in 1957.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I was stunned to see an autograph collected by an Englishman, of Jacqueline Kennedy on June 6, 1961.

I don’t know if many of you realise but it is generally thought the first Silver Age super hero comic (Fantastic Four #1) was published in June 1961, and it is thought that the Marvel Universe was named after this date, 61/6, as the 616 universe. And I for one, felt John Kennedy was a huge influence on the enthusiasm and positiveness of the Marvel comics of the sixties, so to see such a significant connection between the Kennedy’s and the date of Marvel starting super heroes is quite an exciting thing to me. (I felt that the depressingly conservative Eisenhower/Nixon era was smashed by the young, new breed, Kennedy that was elected and took office in January 1961).

I have a screen shot from the program that showed the autograph as well.
    616 was chosen as a Random number by Moore and Davis. it was to show that the main Marvel Earth was just another random universe in the eyes of the multiverse

Invincible Member

Yeah, a lot of people have tried to read more meaning into the 616 number and tie it into the debut of the FF but Alan Moore said that he picked those numbers at random.

And yes, the silver age starts in the late 50's with Barry Allen Flash.

I thought this was about the Agents of Atlas trying to stop Senator Kennedy from being replaced by a robot.

Sure you're not thinking of Senator Kelly? From X-Men?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman