Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

There doesn't seem to be anything astral about it.

It's probably more related to fiction suits and The Invisibles cosmology than anything from Marvel's lore. But none of those Phoenixes looks Astral. Plus you tend to need to be alive to be on the Astral Plane.

I would remove Psylocke's Crimson Dawn experience (Beast would save her from Sabretooth's gutting and she would be in a coma for several months perhaps). Also would remove her being killed in X-Treme X-Men. Her absence came at the same time that Uncanny X-men had, IMO, it's worst run. In one way, it's good that she was not subjected to the same crap coming out of that run, but in another way maybe her presence would have helped that run to be slightly more palatable. I also never really understood why she was gone so long between Exiles and her return in Uncanny X-Men Sisterhood arc. Granted I didn't read all of the New Exiles but I guess somewhere along the way she died again? I got tired of Claremont and his AU characters and tropes at that point so I didn't read beyond issue 1. If she could have just stayed alive the whole time her storyline would be a lot less convoluted, and that's saying at lot considering you still are adding in the Slaymaster, Mojo, Spiral, Kwannon, body swap, TK/TP swap with Jean and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There doesn't seem to be anything astral about it.

It's probably more related to fiction suits and The Invisibles cosmology than anything from Marvel's lore. But none of those Phoenixes looks Astral. Plus you tend to need to be alive to be on the Astral Plane.
    You definitely do not have to be alive to be on the Astral Plane. Just ask Shadow King. Or Xavier for that matter, as seen most recently in Astonishing.

I'm pretty sure the White Hot Room is Morrison's version of a higher dimension that would be analogous to the Astral Plane, even if it was distinct unto itself. Jean's body bled from its orifices and died in Morrison's run.

Jean herself even says so clearly.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Since Arachne got to Dani first I would retcon that Angel's relationship with Husk, would better have him single, and for him to "die" after DAS. No hippie coming back. It was great potential but horribly ruined. If they were to do it I would of had it be their own personality and name while dealing with being inside a corpse of someone that lived and loved.

Next I would of had Madelyne Pryor not die after Inferno or go too much of the deep end. I would of had her live and maybe have a friendship with Jean as both their lives were ruined by outside forces.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Storm would have remained X-men Leader. She would have become the poster child of what it means to be an X-man.

Psylocke would NEVER have had a body swap. Psylocke would have been the "Emma Frost" of the X-men, that Emma became. Silly Ninja stuff begone.

Cyclops would not have become the (He was right) A-hole he became.

Karma would have joined the main team. Never lost her Leg.

After his resurrection Doug would have Graduated to the main team.

Wolverine would be DRASTICALLY lower powered.

The Omega Level Mess would not be a thing. Omega anything would get tossed on its Omega loving ass.

Ok so like I redid some thinking. I’m a huge fan of the color coding. So I mixed my team up this way giving objectives and also borrowing ideas from the great and honorable Chris Claremont....the X-Men headquarters would be located in Genosha. I’ve also included a New Mutant character to each roster just because it’s time that they officially officially officially become full fledged X-Men.

X-Men Gold:
    - Storm (leader)
    - Rogue (2nd in command)
    - Gambit
    - Nightcrawler
    - Psylocke
    - Forge
    - Dani Moonstar
    - Callisto

This team will be continuing the search for Destinys Diaries. Very similar to the X-Treme X-Men run but will be more successful. I included characters that Ororo trusts the most. Ive also included Dani Moonstar as I believe she would respond well to Ororo and Rogue’s leadership.

X-Men Red:
    - Jean Grey (leader)
    - Colossus (2nd in command)
    - X-23
    - Iceman
    - Warpath
    - Danger
    - Cannonball
    - Cecilia Reyes

This would be the home based team in Genosha. Defending the headquarters and safety for all mutants in Genosha. This title would also deal with the politics in establishing Genosha as a Nation. I’ve included Cannonball as the New Mutants representative along with Cecilia acting as the resident physician.

X-Men Blue:
    - Havok (leader)
    - Bishop (2nd in command)
    - Kitty Pryde
    - Dazzler
    - Sunfire
    - Monet
    - Wolfsbane
    - Banshee

The traveling team responsible for dealing with international threats to Mutants and also to search and locate other mutants around the world seeking safe haven in Genosha. I’ve included Wolfsbane as the New Mutants representative as she has responded well to Havok’s leadership and also so they can hook up. Also included a resurrected Banshee.

X-Men Black
    - Magneto (leader)
    - Emma Frost (2nd in command)
    - Sabretooth
    - Deadpool
    - Frenzy
    - Marrow
    - Sunspot
    - Elixir

The black ops team for taking out huge threats at any means necessary. Included former villains and Sunspot as the New Mutants rep.

What do you all thinky think?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

My favorite is Gambit and I have a lot of thoughts about him. Strap in, this will be long.

I would remove the majority of the 2000’s stuff and change up a bit of the 90’s, but for simplicities sake, I’ll take the changes in order.

Remy’s childhood and teenage years remain mostly unchanged, though has a few additions. He was stolen from the hospital a day after his birth and given to a man named the Antiquary because Guild politics. He stayed there for a while, a year at most, before Jean-Luc managed to strike a deal with the ancient sorcerer, and then he was placed under Fagan, the leader of a street gang.
    While on the streets he met the Witness and the man (or whatever he is) became a mentor of sorts to him. But Remy also met John Greycrow, aka Scalphunter, who was there on a mission or something for Sinister. Or maybe he was on a break. The why doesn’t matter, the point is it was a random, chance encounter.

John already works for Sinister here and, thinking that his employer would be interested in Remy, reports the encounter. Sinister is very intrigued but decides not to make a move just yet and simply observes Remy. He tasks Scalphunter with keeping an eye on the kid, an periodically give him some blood samples so he can monitor Remy’s health and ensure the kid survives until he can be of use. Scalphunter does as he’s told and befriends Remy.

The two meet until Remy is adopted by Jean-Luc, which happens the same. Remy’s memories of Scalphunter are removed and a telepathic suggestion is planted in his head, that if he is ever in desperate need, he will go to Arizona, Millstone.

Everything from there and up to his joining the X-men are basically the same, though Remy was hired by “Nathaniel Essex” while in the Guild to retrieve something of his. A sort of test, if you will.
    After being exiled from the Guilds after accidentally killing Julien when he lost control, Remy travels the world and establishes himself as a world-class thief. The entire time he travels, there’s this itch at the back of his skull. He gives in to it eventually and travels to Arizona.

He meets Scalphunter and through various circumstances, he ends up working with him and Claire. They have a falling out sometime later and they part ways on less than good terms. During this time, Remy’s powers steadily grow and after he left Scalphunter, they reach a point where he can no longer control them.

Remy doesn’t immediately go to Sinister as soon as his control slips. He looks for other options and help but doesn’t find any. It isn’t until after he blows up a theater in Seattle and literally starts to slowly die (his powers are destroying him from the inside out) that he, in desperation, contacts Sinister under referral from Scalphunter. All according to plan.

Now, here comes a change from canon. Sinister doesn’t want Remy for the Morlock Massacre, he has some other purpose for him. The Massacre was just a way for him to completely break Remy’s psyche, so he can mold it how he pleases. He would have succeeded if Sabertooth hadn’t gone ham on Remy and inadvertently let him escape, something Remy had wanted to do for a long time (he’s been working for Sinister doing other jobs, with and without the Marauders, which he assembled, for a loooong time).

Remy joins the X-men the same way and things after that are mostly the same up until Antarctica. No Joseph though. **** that guy.

Antartica still happens because I really do love angst, just differently. It should be clear that Rogue isn’t entirely in control of her actions, that she leaves him partly because he hates himself so much that he thinks he deserves to die (he doesn’t want to though, dude ain’t suicidal). The other X-men should not be complicit and as soon as they discover what’s happened, they search for him.

But he’s gone.

He shows up again later. How he was saved is a mystery (no green mist lady, please, for the love of God) and could make for some interesting plots. He doesn’t join the X-men or any of the teams, but he does serve as a tentative ally that occasionally helps them out.

Rogue, on her part, leaves the X-men because she can’t stand being there and the other X-men are not happy with her. She joins the Avengers.

Everything after this is vastly different, but that’s a topic for another time/thread.

Controversial Opinion: I'm sure Taz will hate me and claim I just love the Lady dragon trope.

PSYLOCKE - I would retcon the entire body swap. Psylocke would have been half japanese from birth. Everything that happened from her introduction up through the Seige Perilous would remain intact. She is just Eurasian, same attitude, same character beats. She always felt like she wanted to be more physical because she felt like a liability.

After going through the Seige Perilous, there would be no body swap, no magical change to make her anything other than herself. She simply would have washed up on a beach in China with no memories. She would become Lady Mandarin for a couple of archs. Then Wolverine and Jubilee would have snapped her out of it.

She never wears the blue monokini, instead keeps an updated version of the Lady Mandarin armor, without the mask and cape. SHE TRAINS to become a better fighter and learns to harness her ability into a psychic knife.

Crimson Dawn never happened, during the course of Xtreme Xmen she #1 doesn't die, #2 developed a secondary mutation in the form of absorbing mental energy from those around her to increase her strength and speed. She gets badly injured fighting Vargas, but eventually is the one to put him down.

She doesn't break up with Neal, their relationship develops further. Heather and Davis are 5 years younger, and get sent to the institute after the Lady Mastermind arch. Psylocke and Sage tag team here to over power LadyM

After that she goes back to UK to have a stint with Excalibur with Dazzler, before Rejoining the Xmen. Most of her Xforce stuff I am okay with. I wouldn't have her hook up with Fantomex. The Archangel stuff was fine the first time, but then it's been repeated too many times after.

Neal and Betsy break up because of her involvement with Xforce, but because of their relationship: Neal got to hang around the Xbooks and get some development. YAY SOUTH EAST ASIAN representation.

So essentially the chunk I'm getting rid of is: her stint with Exiles. I'm essentially replacing her absence because of her death with a stint I. Excalibur...so per the primary question of the topic, not sure this would make her younger as a reboot. I suppose we could just also have her younger from the start as well. Instead of mid twenties she could be like 16.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-23-2018 at 06:46 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Ok so like I redid some thinking. I’m a huge fan of the color coding. So I mixed my team up this way giving objectives and also borrowing ideas from the great and honorable Chris Claremont....the X-Men headquarters would be located in Genosha. I’ve also included a New Mutant character to each roster just because it’s time that they officially officially officially become full fledged X-Men.

X-Men Gold:
    - Storm (leader)
    - Rogue (2nd in command)
    - Gambit
    - Nightcrawler
    - Psylocke
    - Forge
    - Dani Moonstar
    - Callisto

This team will be continuing the search for Destinys Diaries. Very similar to the X-Treme X-Men run but will be more successful. I included characters that Ororo trusts the most. Ive also included Dani Moonstar as I believe she would respond well to Ororo and Rogue’s leadership.

X-Men Red:
    - Jean Grey (leader)
    - X-23
    - Iceman
    - Warpath
    - Danger
    - Cannonball
    - Cecilia Reyes

This would be the home based team in Genosha. Defending the headquarters and safety for all mutants in Genosha. This title would also deal with the politics in establishing Genosha as a Nation. I’ve included Cannonball as the New Mutants representative along with Cecilia acting as the resident physician.

X-Men Blue:
    - Havok (leader)
    - Kitty Pryde
    - Dazzler
    - Sunfire
    - Monet
    - Wolfsbane
    - Banshee

The traveling team responsible for dealing with international threats to Mutants and also to search and locate other mutants around the world seeking safe haven in Genosha. I’ve included Wolfsbane as the New Mutants representative as she has responded well to Havok’s leadership and also so they can hook up. Also included a resurrected Banshee.

X-Men Black
    - Magneto (leader)
    - Sabretooth
    - Deadpool
    - Frenzy
    - Marrow
    - Sunspot
    - Elixir

The black ops team for taking out huge threats at any means necessary. Included former villains and Sunspot as the New Mutants rep.

I like your teams and it's a good shout putting Dazzler with Banshee since it would heighten her powers.

Not sure about Emma as Black Ops. She's always been shady, to say the least, but if she's going for redemption my preference would be that she was on a less controversial team. An emblem for second chances.

Would of killed X-23 and Cyclops at the end of Second Coming. Use their deaths for character development for the other mutants on Utopia.

Some type of council will lead Utopia. Like the Jedi council or some ****. Emma Frost takes more of a leadership role. Hope is given a seat on the council but not the title of Jedi Master.

Make the Extinction team really Op. Like how Collosus got Juggernaut power, everybody gets some type of upgrade. One of the foes the Extinction will fight would be a stronger Vulcan just so we can get a cool fight scene.

Instead of generation hope I would have a book where Hope gets introduced to her new world and bonds with the citizens of Utopia. Would give hope a mutation that allows her to not only copy mutants powers but subconsciously assert her will on other mutants. Hope becomes more a natural leader and her power over other becomes stronger as time goes by and it's up to the the X-men to make sure that the future that Bishop grew up in does not happen.

This is just some random thoughts that popped up in my head.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 09-23-2018 at 06:24 AM.

BANNED

You dont take away a specific period of time to deage comic book characters

You just throw everything out
    And thats not bcause of age more like things have gotten to cluttered or dragging sales

This sounds more like a retcon

You can say its a retcon as a means to an end, but no writer afaik had removed specific periods of a characters history because it makes them look too old

And im not sure if youre talking about real life age in terms of when the comics came out and what devices were available and what current events were going on or the characters age in story

Either way this thread is based on a faulty premise

You dont need to take away history to make characters feel younger in universe
    Creators will mostly events unless it has a specific purpose towards the current story
    Like they dont even donthe see way back i issue 251 in captions any more

Geez, where do I start? LOL.

A few random points:

- Sinister would have been behind the Trial of Gambit (not Magneto). A whole subplot would have been set up leading up to the Trial: Sinister trying to blackmail Gambit into working for him as a double agent, Gambit refusing which leads to Sinister kidnapping the X-men in revenge and putting Gambit on trial for his sins. The X-men don't abandon Gambit in Antarctica (but they are clearly upset with him) but Gambit eventually leaves the X-men (this would have coincided with his solo book).

- Gambit does not get blinded. He doesn't become Death either.

- The "Bizarre Love Triangle" storyline by Milligan never happened.

- Rogue's origin story (i.e. from the solo book written by Rodi) never happened. Her past is still a mystery.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 09-23-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Not more than 15-20 X-Men + 5-10 Brotherhood members. There's way too many X-Men right now.

BANNED

I'd take away the sliding timescale.

1) Characters would age roughly in real time, which would be done as follows:
    a) All issues in the "Core" books (flagship, solo ongoings, and spinoff teams) released within a given year are assumed to be set in that year. In the case of multi-part arcs that span a year that story is assumed to be set in the year it begins (IE a four-parter than begins in November 2019 and ends February 2020 is assumed to be set in 2019)
    b) Miniseries, one-shots, etc. may be set either in the present or the past. Those stories set in the past will help fill in/flesh out the period in which they're set. Events could potentially span generations, allowing characters who would not normally interact because of the passage of time to be part of the same story.
    c) A VERY CLEAR TIMELINE WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES. There will be no confusion as to when one book is set in relation to another. The timeline will be maintained in-house for all writers, and be made available to the public as well. Additionally, all issues will be clearly marked as to when that story is set in relation to the other books.
    2) Death may not necessarily be permanent, but the revolving door on the afterlife will be closed. If characters die, there needs to be a DAMN good story-based reason to bring them back.
    3) Characters will be allowed to retire and move on with their lives. There will be no more fixation on on generation of characters, allowing new generations the freedom and opportunity to rise up and succeed them. Characters who are no longer active in the Core books may still be utilized in the spin-off materials set in the past.

The idea here is something like the old Star Wars Legends EU: The franchise progressed more or less in real time, (the Hand of Thrawn was set 15 years after Return of the Jedi, which coincides with its publication in 1998 being 15 years after Jedi released in 1983) however not all the books were released chronologically (IE, the Thrawn Trilogy was the first major release in the EU, but was set AFTER some books that came later, such as Truce at Bakura). This model allows the story to progress, while still being able to fill in the past eras and not permanently leave the older casts off the table. So you could still see stories about the Original Five released concurrently with those about the New X-Men, but the NXM would be part of the "core" book and the O5 stories would be period pieces set in the 1960s-80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post

X-Men Gold:
    - Storm (leader)
    - Rogue (2nd in command)
    - Gambit
    - Nightcrawler
    - Psylocke
    - Forge
    - Dani Moonstar
    - Callisto

X-Men Red:
    - Jean Grey (leader)
    - X-23
    - Iceman
    - Warpath
    - Danger
    - Cannonball
    - Cecilia Reyes

X-Men Blue:
    - Havok (leader)
    - Kitty Pryde
    - Dazzler
    - Sunfire
    - Monet
    - Wolfsbane
    - Banshee

X-Men Black
    - Magneto (leader)
    - Sabretooth
    - Deadpool
    - Frenzy
    - Marrow
    - Sunspot
    - Elixir

I like the split up and the intentions of all the teams. I'm usually a fan of team books with member sizes between 5-7 members. Unless the writer is really good at rotating the focus of the cast, some of the team members are going to get shafted in terms of use and development.

That being said, I think I would mix up the X-Men Black team and replace 2 members with 2 members who have a moral compass that points a bit more 'North' jus to balance things out. Your X-Men Black team looks like an awesome roster for Magneto's new acolytes or brotherhood. Other than that I'd pick up all of these books!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion