Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'd take away all periods of Polaris being treated mainly as Havok's girlfriend.

Or if it had to be a specific period, then Claremont's use of her. Runner-up, her time in space.

I think it's possible to salvage things Claremont did and make them into something actually good with Lorna, but if cutting them also means getting rid of the Havok stuff, then I'm for it.
    This one by itself could change a lot of history. If Polaris wasn't havok's girlfriend she probably would not have left the x-men to go back to college. That would be a huge chunk of her life, that's a really good one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not really, i think that the Ronin part and what Weapon X did to him, basically what the Claremont/Miller mini and BWS stablished in the 80s and 90s, everything else is kind of optional to be honest, he is man of mystery the rest of his life can be left up to reader guest. And frankly i could do without Logan being a sociophatic serial killer that has no agency for most of his life, wicth is what Way did to him.
    I can see that. He would proably be a lot more deadly if he didn't have the honor of a samurai or met Mariko. But in a rebooted timeline the X-men could be what allows him to develop that code of honor.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    At one point, the giant purple death robots would be retired from public use or repurposed for military use against the endless alien invasions that happen on Earth. People would actually begin accepting mutants and feel some sympathy for them. Why would anyone in the right mind send a Sentinel towards a school to arrest a mutant child whose only crime is having the ability to fly to school?

I would also remove the dumb amounts of apocalyptic futures.
    So which period would you target? I'd go for operation zero tolerance as the last straw with sentinels.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sabretooth Hard to pick just one thing I'd get rid of.

1. He would never have any kind of relationship with Mystique. No Baby Mama story. No 2010 retcon coupling. NOTHING!!!!
    2. Get rid of the last 15 years of his ultimate jobber & moron status. He'd remain the dangerous character he was in the 80's & 90's. Not the loser he is now.
    3. Everything Loeb, Bendis, and Austen wrote.

Deadpool
    Everything in Daniel Way's run would be nixed. He was the one who started the path of DP being a lame joke character.
    I'm not too verse on Sabretooth just the main points. Do you think he would be a deadly person if that time was erased? Depending on the placement in time of him meeting mystique though it could change a lot.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’d get rid of all that Azazel bullshit that ruined Nightcrawler.
    I still don't understand that story and i read it. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Magma. Scrap the whole "Allison Crestmere" bullshit. Leave her as a princess and descendant of Selene with the secret city of Nova Roma.

BANNED

Maddie wouldn't exist.
    EXM, ANAD X-Men, DoX, IvX, M-Pox, would be removed and erased of continuity.

Moonstar - Everything from becoming a teacher until now. She's had a few good moments in that time period, but mostly she's been weakened or ignored.

I wouldn't also throw in Husk's mental health. Not because the idea was bad, but the story was executed horrendously. It definitely wasn't a mental health story worth reading.

Storm would be better off if we retconned most of the 90s X-Men comics. It was the period when the character regressed. It pretty much did away with the 80s development, reduced her to a one-dimensional version of herself, and started the weird power creep that broke the character.

We can just erase everything not written by Claremont or Morrison. That should tidy everyone up at once.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Storm would be better off if we retconned most of the 90s X-Men comics. It was the period when the character regressed. It pretty much did away with the 80s development, reduced her to a one-dimensional version of herself, and started the weird power creep that broke the character.
    Post-Claremont 90's Storm was abysmal overall, but I don't remember a power creep? Other than that Trion feat(which was very isolated to that dimension), 90's Storm was pretty much just flying, throwing lightning bolts and blowing some wind. I certainly don't remember any feats that 'broke' the character.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This one by itself could change a lot of history. If Polaris wasn't havok's girlfriend she probably would not have left the x-men to go back to college. That would be a huge chunk of her life, that's a really good one.
    I think she would have gone to college, but her reason would be a good one (which I think could still be written in): wanting to understand her powers better. Magnetism is a component of the geophysics degree she pursued, so it makes sense that a woman whose powers have recently awakened wants to know everything there is to know about their application. The big change is that I don't think she would've left the X-Men if Havok played no part in things. Probably would've done the Peter Parker thing of double duty. Would've been less active compared to other X-Men, but more involved than she was.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    the point is that she was absent for almost 14 years after his run and only resurrected until recently.
    That is not on Morrison.
    She was alive and well in his final issue.

How do you resurrect somebody who isn't dead anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That is not on Morrison.
    She was alive and well in his final issue.

How do you resurrect somebody who isn't dead anyway?
    Wait. Jean did die against Xorneto. She might have ascended to the White Hot Room astrally, but her body was dead and buried.