Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Future of X-Men in Animation

It has been 7 years since the X-Men Anime; It's been 10 years since the last X-Men cartoon. Now that Marvel has gotten the film rights back and Perlmutter might finally stop his X-Men/FF embargo on all the media they have rights to, I think it's high time we start talking about the X-Men in animation.

The most recent Marvel animation projects don't give me a lot of hope for a new X-Men one, but given the brand's success in previous series, perhaps Marvel would step up their game for a new X-Men animated series. The franchise could certainly use a new injection of fans, and there's nothing like a great cartoon to bring a whole generation into the fanbase. I know I wouldn't have fallen in love with X-Men without TAS back in the day.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I am waiting for a new X-Men cartoon!

It is disgusting that all these years have gone by without a series, but I rather have none than one that is poorly done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am waiting for a new X-Men cartoon!

It is disgusting that all these years have gone by without a series, but I rather have none than one that is poorly done.
    My sentiments on the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, especially after X-Men Evolution gave us good versions of all the characters WatXM butchered.

X-Men Evo setting and tone, but have the students be current-day X-students with all the adults as teachers. Get Kyle back on the project, and bring Yost too. Go wild.

Fantastic Member

More superheroing, less schooling. Mansion over the school, at least initially.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    X-Men Evo setting and tone, but have the students be current-day X-students with all the adults as teachers. Get Kyle back on the project, and bring Yost too. Go wild.
    lol but don't set it in a separate high school

It's a shame they don't have more animations (even animated movies, which is where DC excels). It would open revenue for them by getting new fans into the comics when they started to google who these characters where.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    More superheroing, less schooling. Mansion over the school, at least initially.
    All day, everyday!

Superheroes, not school teachers! Singer and Morrison were wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol but don't set it in a separate high school
    And definitely, definitely don't have Mystique as the principal.

Currently, we have Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, and Spider-Man. It would certainly be nice to see X-Men replace one of them (probably GOTG).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wouldn't want the school angle dropped completely, just less focus. The fact the Mansion is an operational school has always been at the core of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I wouldn't want the school angle dropped completely, just less focus. The fact the Mansion is an operational school has always been at the core of the X-Men.
    The 'school' aspect was a front, a cover, while Xavier focused his energy and resources to train the young mutants to become superheroes. To become X-Men. This Harry Potter nonsense with dozens of randoms stuffing up the halls didn't start until pedo-Singer's X1, which Marvel told Morrison to copy for his New X-Men. There were entire years of Claremont's run away from the mansion and any school themes. Even the original X-Men graduated a few issues into their Stan Lee run. I don't mind some Danger Room sessions to get people's powers tight and work on teamwork(I love that part), I don't even mind the random mention of some homework for the youngest members, but I abhor the prep school trappings that have been added in the last two decades.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-22-2018 at 07:44 PM.

It wasn't the primary function but they still got educated, so it was operational. Several X-Men have passed through the school and been able to get college degrees afterwards. So, they completed their education there.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

As long as they can give more focus on anyone besides Wolverine, I'm all for it. And I don't mean cut Wolverine out altogether, but you know he's gonna get screen time and solo episodes and all that crap, just don't have him overshadow the others too badly. It made me wince when the last show was flat out called Wolverine and the X-Men and the premise was that he had to lead them.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/