Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    What speedfeats feats does Zod have that are close to Superman's? Please don't say they are assumed, identify them.
    He doesn't.

His best speed feat is when he zips around a few city blocks at incredible velocity before managing to avoid Clark. Its pretty good. Not nearly good enough.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It's still a DC property.
    No, it's a Garth Ennis property.

Swiss army nerd

If the TV shows are allowed then the Reverse Flash shouldn't have too difficult a time getting the IG from Thanos, even if it means phasing a rock inside his heart to kill him or something. Pretty sure the Supergirl TV show had Mr Mxyzptlk at one point as well, who did typical Mr Mxzyptlk things. Supergirl has also had a few evil Kryptonians or people who can beat Kara up pretty good, so strength wise there's no issue in getting the IG. There's also evil Nazi Supergirl etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No, it's a Garth Ennis property.
    No, it's part of Vertigo, which is an imprint of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does it matter, with the four listed above?

Oh, I guess DC gets stuff like Satan from Preacher, but his feats really aren’t up to the same level.

Is there anybody else worth mentioning?
    DC has villains from:

-The Flash (Savitar, Zoom, Reverse-Flash, The Thinker)
    -Smallville (Darkseid, General Zod, Major Zod, Doomsday, Brainiac, Bizarro)
    -Supergirl (Mr. Mxy, Reign, White Martian)

All of these characters working together could disarm Thanos's Infinity Gauntlet and subsequently use it to their advantage.

While they're busy wrestling with Papa Smurf, MurderCloud and the Angriest Demension aren't going to just sit there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    While they're busy wrestling with Papa Smurf, MurderCloud and the Angriest Demension aren't going to just sit there.
    They kind of are.

They have literally no speed feats to stop them from phasing the Guantlet off Thanos and then using it.

Thanos actually gives the DCU/DCEU team an easy win here.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Swiss army nerd

They're fast enough and strong enough to take the IG in much less than a second. I think they'll be fine even without the telepaths helping them.

What are the feats for the Galactus cloud? was it the cloud causing all the damage to earth or was that the Surfer? Is he a big featless cloud? I havent seen Dr Strange, but I take it Dormammu has feats of hurting things as tough as Kara, hitting things as fast as a Flash etc?

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    They're fast enough and strong enough to take the IG in much less than a second. I think they'll be fine even without the telepaths helping them.

What are the feats for the Galactus cloud? was it the cloud causing all the damage to earth or was that the Surfer? Is he a big featless cloud? I havent seen Dr Strange, but I take it Dormammu has feats of hurting things as tough as Kara, hitting things as fast as a Flash etc?
    Shattered a planet by consuming it. Though it could be dispersed with a large enough burst of energy.

Dormammu's feats are "assimilates planets into its dimension, hurls planets at people". Only way Strange was able to stop it was by forcing it to make a deal, and the Gauntlet, regardless, has no feats to imply it could erase another dimension.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Shattered a planet by consuming it. Though it could be dispersed with a large enough burst of energy.

Dormammu's feats are "assimilates planets into its dimension, hurls planets at people". Only way Strange was able to stop it was by forcing it to make a deal, and the Gauntlet, regardless, has no feats to imply it could erase another dimension.
    We can however say that one Stone was able to flummox Dormmy, and the IG has all aix, so.....
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So when did this become Marvel’s strongest 3 live action villains vs all of DC’s live action villains (post B.B.)?

Do we assume all the other marvel villains are just sitting there watching that dogpile work itself out?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So when did this become Marvel’s strongest 3 live action villains vs all of DC’s live action villains (post B.B.)?

Do we assume all the other marvel villains are just sitting there watching that dogpile work itself out?
    The problem stems from the fact that the DC live action villains have two large advantages: speed and strength. Multiple Zods and other Kryptonian villains, multiple Flash level speedsters, multiple Martian’s, etc.......

Marvel doesn’t tend to have people on that level of speed as Bad Guys.

So start of the Bell, you have Thanos’s guabtket taken and used against his team. There’s.....not really anything the Marvel villains can do to stop that.

Now, remove the IG and team DC will have serious problems contending with Dormmy and Galactus.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    We can however say that one Stone was able to flummox Dormmy, and the IG has all aix, so.....
    It only flummoxed him, becuase he can't control time.

To imply that adding six more stones that are shown to be incapable of large scale direct changes to the Universe (turning people to dust =/= creating/destroying matter) will change the efficacy of the one beyond its displayed ability to create time loops/reverse time, is a bit much.

I suppose at best you could say they'd manage a ten count ? But since this is arena and not scenario, they're not likely to force him into making a bargain.

Arx Inosaan

Swiss army nerd

Cool, I was never sure if Dormmamu had any feats or if he was just this large looming implied threat who ever really did anything.

But yeah, at the bell, team DC has multiple speedsters, generally better strength and telepaths, so the IG is theirs in much less than a second. In that same fraction of a second, most of the Marvel guys go down two one or two speedsters. Then it's IG time, which may actually end with them just time stoning Dormammu into getting super bored and giving up. (though I'd imaaaaagine they could hurt him with all six stones, but we dont have much to go on for that assertion.)

Hm. In thinking about it, a time loop should be sufficient for a ten-count. Presuming they get the Gauntlet off, and can figure that out, they'll do fine.

Though the real question is, are the stones and Gauntlet common knowledge ? It was certainly a point that not everyone understood/knew about them.

Arx Inosaan