Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I hope so. I don't think any of them have appeared in awhile.

That's because they were all dead, except for Doop.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are we thinking a new/revival of the X-Statix books somehow bringing back the original characters? Do we think they'll use the same premise with existing characters who aren't used often? Are we looking at a whole new line up of brand new mutants?

This could be exciting, but I'd be onboard and pick it up if we get a different artist. I didn't enjoy the style the last artist had. Especially since most of the characters died, we never got to see other artist interpretations of those characters.

I really thought Venus, U Go Girl and Vivisector were cool.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-23-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Thanks! Yeah, that does suggest it's going to be X-Statix or something related, which is cool. Marvel needs more balls-to-the-wall weirdness.

I'm still not on board for a mass resurrection. Just make new ones. Every character starts off and has no major appeal but then the fans fall in love with them and their stories. That said, the longevity any of this team had to be developed is short as hell.

Doop and Dead Girl (I can't remember if she stayed resurrected) then a bunch of newbies searching for the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I'm still not on board for a mass resurrection. Just make new ones. Every character starts off and has no major appeal but then the fans fall in love with them and their stories. That said, the longevity any of this team had to be developed is short as hell.

Doop and Dead Girl (I can't remember if she stayed resurrected) then a bunch of newbies searching for the spotlight.
    I just feel like X-Statix would be a great place to drop Glob Herman. So that we can get actual X-Students who are worth panel time in X-Men books, drop Glob in X-Statix let him be weird here, and potentially die.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Spectacular Member

I would love it if Milligan wrote X-Men again. His run on adjectiveless is among my very favourites

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I would love it if Milligan wrote X-Men again. His run on adjectiveless is among my very favourites
    Oh wow, to each their own I guess. I don't think that run is even amongst Milligan's own favourites. It read like a parody of Chuck Austen's, but with less breast-fixations and daddy issues.

I remember seeing something a while ago about this but thinking it was too good to be true. This would be a must buy for me. This is some of the good stuff the X-Books have been missing for a while.

Ah the best X-Men spinoff and one of the best Marvel series ever created is making a comeback? With both Milligan and Allred? About time!

I love the original serie and the ending was perfect but I wouldn't be against another mini similar to X-Statix presents: Dead Girl which was amazing (the recent Doop mini was terrible though).
    Last edited by Hush; 09-23-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Finally the Dead Girl solo ongoing we've all been waiting for!

BANNED

Interesting that X-Statix, a bunch of lovable losers, might be making a comeback when Christina Strain's Gen X, which essentially had the same premise in that regard, didn't go beyond issue 11.

Anyway just bring back Dead Girl, add Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Glob, No-Girl, Face, Goldballs, Beak and Ernst. 5 issue mini

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    What did you enjoy about it? I've never met anyone who liked that run, and am genuinely curious.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    What did you enjoy about it? I've never met anyone who liked that run, and am genuinely curious.
    He had no problems making fun of the more surreal aspects of the franchise. Also, his Auntie Emma was possibly the best Emma’s ever been written.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, I followed Milligan as a writer before I got into X-Men. It was weird, the cast was good, and some of the more backwater, Jerry Springer elements of the franchise are right in his humorous wheelhouse. The Hills Have Eyes meets General Hospital in tights. I didn't see what was so bad about it, granted Milligan's X-Men and Vaughn's Ultimate X-Men were two of my first runs. Sure Mike Carey and the actual X-Force/Statix runs were more memorable, though.

I liked the recent Doop and with Allred back I feel like they can do little wrong.