Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Statix revival hinted by Allred

This already unbelievably stellar day is ending even stellar-er, after receiving a script from @1PeterMilligan for a project that we've been talking about for many MANY years. I can't tell you what exactly it is yet (you can probably guess)...but IT'S HAPPENING!
    https://twitter.com/AllredMD/status/1043085920516227072

Common consensus is that this is referring to X-Statix.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Peter Milligan's writing made me leave comics. Soooooo not sure how positive I feel about him back on an X-line.

I did like the fame hungry and flawed aspects of the team. But aren't literally all of them dead? It's one thing to resurrect a character you want to use, it's another to bring back seven in issue one. I suppose it could be a new case but I doubt it.

That is, if it's X-Statix.

Why are people thinking it's X-Statix? Couldn't it be something creator-owned?

Other than the tasteless Diana plan, I really liked the book. It was the brand of cynical weirdness I enjoy. I'd be happy to see it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I did like the fame hungry and flawed aspects of the team. But aren't literally all of them dead?
    Doop's still alive, isn't he? I could be wrong about that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Peter Milligan's writing made me leave comics. Soooooo not sure how positive I feel about him back on an X-line.
    Yeeeah. He can never write X-Men again, and I would be very happy. That run was pretty terrible.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-22-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

Other than the tasteless Diana plan, I really liked the book. It was the brand of cynical weirdness I enjoy. I'd be happy to see it back.
    https://twitter.com/1PeterMilligan/s...884425216?s=19
    https://twitter.com/AllredMD/status/...565841921?s=19
    https://twitter.com/AllredMD/status/...177374209?s=19

Of all the book revivals I'd like to see, I think X-static would be very much near the bottom of the list. I didn't necessarily dislike the run but it's not really where my tastes in comics lie. And yes, I did buy the entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

Doop's still alive, isn't he? I could be wrong about that, though.

Yeeeah. He can never write X-Men again, and I would be very happy. That run was pretty terrible.
    Yeah, keep him away from X-Men and he can do whatever he wants! LOL

Of all the things X-fans clamor for all day, I don't think I've seen more than 5 people say: "I want an X-Statix reunion series! Or mini! Or just whatever!"

Me, neither. I didn't care enough to buy it then and I don't care enough to buy it now.

I’m sure it will be a mini. I’m the biggest x-fan ever, but I can honestly say that I have never read X-Statix to its entirety. It was too different for me. I do applaud Milligan for trying to do something new.

His X-Men run, I didn’t like at all but was slightly better than Bendis’s run.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

BANNED

This thread made me realize why Marvel keeps shoveling unimaginative garbage at us.

Awesome, X-Statix was one of the best X-books I ever read, I'll gladly take more.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed the original series immensely but I was also pretty happy with its conclusion and wasn't necessarily looking for more. But then again, pretty much anything Allred draws is a must-buy for me. Milligan can be terribly hit or miss but X-Statix was definitely one of his high points, so I'm keen on a reunion series or mini.

I don't want Milligan on X books ever again.

If it's happening, about time.

God know it will be better than ninety-nine percent of the "X" titles since it wrapped it's initial run.