Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Heckyeah!!!

X-Statix was one of the very very few X-books I bought and liked in the last two decades or so, I love it. I'm just a bit afraid that a sequel might spoil an almost perfect work --I would rather like a prequel or spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    But aren't literally all of them dead? It's one thing to resurrect a character you want to use, it's another to bring back seven in issue one.
    Since when death has been a problem for X-Statix? Sponsors just will hire new mutants for the team and it's done.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    What did you enjoy about it? I've never met anyone who liked that run, and am genuinely curious.
    I may be biased, but it was my first proper introduction to the X-Men franchise. When I first came to UK in 2007, I bought a copy of Essential X-Men 155. Essential X-Men used to be a Marvel UK publication, which reprinted three issues at once from two years before. It was sold at every corner shop and it was a great way to introduce new people into the world of comics(They also did Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and others). I had previously read Whedon's Astonishing and found it really bland. EXM 155 reprinted the first three issues of the Bizarre Love Triangle arc. I loved the story and the art (Larocca at his finest, back when he was collaborating with Liquid). It gave me my first introduction to my favourite character, Lorna Dane. After that, I went on and reread Golgotha and the other arcs.
    1701798-155.jpg
    Golgotha was deliciously creepy. I really liked Bizarre Love Triangle as it showcased Mystique's f-ed up motherly love for Rogue. I loved the mystery of Lorna's vision in space and the hilarious revelation that it was Doop (or Daap) all along ("IT LOOKED RIGHT AT ME!!!!"). The Day After dealt well with House of M's immediate consequences. And Blood of Apocalypse was a big fun event with interesting consequences for Gambit and Lorna. Lorna in particular declared that she had become her own woman, who didn't need no man (unfortunately all of Lorna's development was cast aside for RAFOTSAE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Since when death has been a problem for X-Statix? Sponsors just will hire new mutants for the team and it's done.
    I was considering the possibility of a whole new crop of publicity-hungry mutants: Dazzler, Sunspot, Bling! & Mercury, Northstar, and a couple other new characters/wild cards, or something along those lines. But that seems really close in concept to what KT is doing over in West Coast Avengers.

BANNED

Golgotha and Bizarre Love Triangle were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Said no Gambit fan ever . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I may be biased, but it was my first proper introduction to the X-Men franchise. When I first came to UK in 2007, I bought a copy of Essential X-Men 155. Essential X-Men used to be a Marvel UK publication, which reprinted three issues at once from two years before. It was sold at every corner shop and it was a great way to introduce new people into the world of comics(They also did Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and others).
    Used to? It still exists! They currently do Essential X-Men, Wolverine and Deadpool, Deadpool Unleashed (which replaced Incredible Hulks recently), Avengers Universe, Astonishing Spider-Man, Marvel Legends (Thor, Cap, Iron Man), and Mighty World of Marvel. Fantastic Four Adventures was cancelled years ago, even before the US title went away. Two-In-One is due to be used in MWOM though.

They're not as far behind as they used to be. Secret Empire just finished and Edge of Venomverse is running. Only a couple of months away from No Surrender, too, I think.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Used to? It still exists! They currently do Essential X-Men, Wolverine and Deadpool, Deadpool Unleashed (which replaced Incredible Hulks recently), Avengers Universe, Astonishing Spider-Man, Marvel Legends (Thor, Cap, Iron Man), and Mighty World of Marvel. Fantastic Four Adventures was cancelled years ago, even before the US title went away. Two-In-One is due to be used in MWOM though.

They're not as far behind as they used to be. Secret Empire just finished and Edge of Venomverse is running. Only a couple of months away from No Surrender, too, I think.
    Yeah, but it's impossible to find them now. They used to sell them at the local offies, but now they're only found at independent comic book shops (aka, NOT forbidden planet) or WHSmiths (most of which has closed down now)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Please say sike.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Yeah, but it's impossible to find them now. They used to sell them at the local offies, but now they're only found at independent comic book shops (aka, NOT forbidden planet) or WHSmiths (most of which has closed down now)
    Most WHSmiths being closed down now is simply not true. Those comics aren't impossible to find. Try Tesco and Asda. Even my local McColls stocks the Wolverine title (but ONLY that one - your point about newsagents and off-licences no longer selling them is a valid one).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Most WHSmiths being closed down now is simply not true. Those comics aren't impossible to find. Try Tesco and Asda. Even my local McColls stocks the Wolverine title (but ONLY that one - your point about newsagents and off-licences no longer selling them is a valid one).
    I've never seen them at ANY Tesco and there's only two WHSmiths left in the Glasgow city centre. Maybe they're more popular down south, but there aren't as many as there used to be in London either (Probably all got replaced artisan-beard-mate burger shops and pret-a-mangers). Ten years ago you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a WHS

This is great news! X-Statix was one of the best comics that Marvel was publishing at the time. I honestly never expected to see this comic return.

I would be particularly be happy to see U-Go Girl. And then Anarchist and Dead Girl.