Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    That wasn't the IP's fault. It was bad editorial decisions, however, I realize that doesn't change the feelings of people, whose favorite character's got the short end of the publishing stick. I am a huge Marvel fan and the Inhumans are in my top 3 favorite Marvel teams along with the F4 and X-Men and I hate seeing the backlash they got for Marvel's inability to handle a crossover event properly.

But to speak to your comment specifically, I am not trying to attack you, but saying that you want Kamala to be a mutant to get back at the Inhumans is strange to me. I mean X-Men fans amongst other reasons didn't appreciate the Inhumans encroaching on their "the world hates us for being different" angle, but making an Inhuman character a mutant further blurs those lines and makes the reason for the backlash even more meaningless in my opinion. I would like for the backlash to die down, but the argument that you presented above just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :/

To be a little more on topic with the thread, I would love for Kamala to stay an Inhuman if she is introduced into the MCU and I would also greatly appreciate a movie centered around the Royal Family some time in the future.
    Don't worry, I'm being semi-facetious. But the way Marvel's tried to use the Inhumans as a pivot against and replacement of mutants just so that Fox gets a little less of the collective pie really sours the brand for me, the same way how I couldn't really get back into Ninja Turtles until recently because the image of the Michael Bay Turtles is so strong and prevalent (though I've come back around because the 2012 Turtles -- which I've been binging on Hulu -- is really, really good).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ant-Man will definitely get a third film. Fans seem to forget that Ant-Man films aren't meant to be large scale and tend to act as breather episodes for the MCU. It nice to have a movie where the stakes are smaller scale and personal. Ant-Man and Wasp made more money than the first movie so a sequel is definitely in the bag.
    Yep. Ant-Man more easily crosses over to the non-comic book audience, too, because of the humor. It has this in common with Guardians, another movie that is totally appreciated by non-comic fans. Alot of stuff in the more comics laden Avengers-related films is not that intere4sting outside of fandom.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Don't worry, I'm being semi-facetious. But the way Marvel's tried to use the Inhumans as a pivot against and replacement of mutants just so that Fox gets a little less of the collective pie really sours the brand for me, the same way how I couldn't really get back into Ninja Turtles until recently because the image of the Michael Bay Turtles is so strong and prevalent (though I've come back around because the 2012 Turtles -- which I've been binging on Hulu -- is really, really good).
    I get that and I can understand it. I am just saddened that characters I like are now disliked over bad editorial decisions. But hopefully Marvel learned their lesson and the Inhumans can recover after the negative reception of their TV show and the comics backlash. Which will hopefully lead them into their entry into the MCU proper.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I get that and I can understand it. I am just saddened that characters I like are now disliked over bad editorial decisions. But hopefully Marvel learned their lesson and the Inhumans can recover after the negative reception of their TV show and the comics backlash. Which will hopefully lead them into their entry into the MCU proper.
    Feige never wanted to add Inhumans to the movie slate. He did it to appease Ike Perlmutter so he can produce Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Once Feige broke free from Marvel Entertainment he dropped Inhumans. TV was their best shot and they blew it.

I'd like to see Marvel's Dracula and Frankenstein brought into the MCU.. somehow..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see Marvel's Dracula and Frankenstein brought into the MCU.. somehow..
    Build a series of movies in the MCU but mostly separate with them Jack, Blade etc.. I'd watch those

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I would think that after the success of Black Panther they will probably be considering at least one more ethnically diverse super-hero property, though what I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Will not be surprised in the least if it turns out to be the marvel character Blade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    This will happen when Disney buys ComcastNBCUniversal.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya Ant-Man 3 is possible they just need to spend way less on it.
    Ant-Man was fun. Ant-Man and Wasp was less fun. But I like Rudd enough that I would definitely watch a 3rd Ant-Man movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ant-Man was fun. Ant-Man and Wasp was less fun. But I like Rudd enough that I would definitely watch a 3rd Ant-Man movie.
    rumors were for MODOK for the the 3rd film. Then recently they reveled the Russian on A.O.S was suppose to be MoDOK but they were told they couldn't use him because the films have plans. If MODOK is gonna fit in anywhere its gonna be in Antman. Make a couple jokes about the size of his head and the move on.

Still Waiting for a Proper Fantastic Four Movie. I can't remember if that was the plan for Phase 4 or 5

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    rumors were for MODOK for the the 3rd film. Then recently they reveled the Russian on A.O.S was suppose to be MoDOK but they were told they couldn't use him because the films have plans. If MODOK is gonna fit in anywhere its gonna be in Antman. Make a couple jokes about the size of his head and the move on.
    I was kinda hoping before Black Widow got announced that we’d get Taskmaster so we would have him and Black Ant together as both intimidating but also quite funny. Personally though I want Monica Rapicinni, played by Marion Colliard.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    This will happen when Disney buys ComcastNBCUniversal.
    Why would they need universal to use Frankenstein or Dracul?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why would they need universal to use Frankenstein or Dracul?
    Universal owns Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Werewolf, Invisible Man theatrical movie rights, plus other related characters.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-31-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Universal owns Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Werewolf, Invisible Man theatrical movie rights, plus other related characters.
    could you expound on this i thought the rights for dracula were public domain