Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Well, the last X-Men team movie under Fox ruling is Dark Phoenix right? I don't think Fox right now has another X-Men movie being produced, and with the Fox and Disney fusion expected to be completed in the first half of 2019, I think it's safe to assume that Dark Phoenix will be the last one, since it doesn't give Marvel and Disney any advantage to produce any X-Men movie Fox was planning to do, after the fusion.

I believe Marvel will handle the X-Men the same way they handled Spider-Man. So, if we consider only the X-Men team movies (forget the Wolverine ones, since they were their own thing), and considering Dark Phoenix is released, we will have 7 X-Men team movies made by Fox, against 5 Spider-Man movies made by Sony. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released in 2014, and immediately after Marvel was able to put Spider-Man in their movies, they did, featuring him in Civil War (2016). One year later they released Homecoming. So if Spider-Man, who is one single character, only had to wait 2 years after his last "outside" movie to be introduced to the MCU, why would the X-Men, a team that is composed of multiple members, the biggest part of them being left unexplored by Fox, will have to wait more than 3 years to be introduced to the MCU?
    Honestly? I think they will simply throw the X-Men in the universe and that's it. Similar to what they did with Spider-Man. No origin story, no tragical classic events (like uncle Ben dying), but exploring different characters, which gives the audience that sense of freshness and novelty.

And that's easy to do, if Avengers 4 really has time traveling, they can simply establish that the time traveling altered their timeline, and now they live in a timeline where the X-Men exist. Put them as an older team, with the O5 being around 30-40 years old, and use Kitty, a character that wasn't explored a lot by the Fox movies, as the newcomer.

The same thing can be applied to the Fantastic Four.
    X-Force is about to go into production soon, which would technically a X-Men team movie.

The difference between X-Men and Spider-Man is that Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man and they had to put out a movie in production quickly or the rights would have reverted back to Marvel. That why is Venom and Enter Spiderverse is coming out, which Marvel Studios has no involvement with. Another difference is that were only 2 Amazing Spider-Man movies, the other 3 Spider-Man movies were apart of the OG Sam Raimi series which had ended a decade before Homecoming’s release. While the X-Men films have been apart of the same franchise since 2000.

The most likely character to take center stage would be X-23. She was in a screenplay Oscar nominated film, is Wolverine’s daughter, and was created by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost who worked as producers/writers on the Thor trilogy who will likely helm the X-Men films.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-24-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    X-Force is about to go into production soon, which would technically a X-Men team movie.

The difference between X-Men and Spider-Man is that Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man and they had to put out a movie in production quickly or the rights would have reverted back to Marvel. That why is Venom and Enter Spiderverse is coming out, which Marvel Studios has no involvement with. Another difference is that were only 2 Amazing Spider-Man movies, the other 3 Spider-Man movies were apart of the OG Sam Raimi series which had ended a decade before Homecoming’s release. The X-Men films have been apart of the same franchise since 2000.

The most likely character to take center stage would be X-23. She was in a screenplay Oscar nominated film, is Wolverine’s daughter, and was created by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost who worked as producers/writers on the Thor trilogy who will likely helm the X-Men films.
    I still think that they won't wait a lot to introduce the X-Men. And regarding the Spider-Man situation, there is a 5 years gap between Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man, so if Marvel wanted to wait a little bit more before introducing Spider-Man again, at least to 2019, they could (this is assuming Sony has to make a Spider-Man movie every 5 years. We know that is at least every 5 years, but it could be even more - Daredevil's rights, for example, reverted back to Marvel after 10 years of the release of movie).

And also, X-23 was solely created by Craig Kyle. Chris Yost isn't a creator of the character.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-24-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Phase Four Films:

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Doctor Strange 2
    Black Widow
    Captain Britain and the Black Knight

Black Panther 2
    Eternals
    Spider-Man 3

Ant-Man 3
    Captain Marvel 2
    Ironheart (spinoff of Iron Man)

Guardians 3 or Thor 4
    Ms. Marvel
    Avengers 5 (featuring an all-female team)

Uncanny X-men
    Doctor Strange 3
    Black Panther 3

Wolverine solo film
    Captain Marvel 3
    Fantastic Four
    That's a nice line up, but perhaps instead of a Ant Man 3 movie, there could be a Stature one?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That's a nice line up, but perhaps instead of a Ant Man 3 movie, there could be a Stature one?
    Would Cassie even be old enough by 2022 to carry a movie? I can't see her taking over until it's time to retire Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Would Cassie even be old enough by 2022 to carry a movie? I can't see her taking over until it's time to retire Scott
    I have no idea how old Cassie is in the MCU, but basing on the age of the actress who plays Cassie, who was born in 2008, she would be around 14 in 2022. Peter's age in Homecoming was 15. So if they change the actress and put someone who is around 18, so she doesn't look super young, it will be just fine.

This Stature idea of mine is more about the Young Avengers/Champions/Teen team possibility. Scott can still be an avenger while she is in the teens team. As far as I remember, this is basically what happens in the comics.

And since the Ant-Man franchise doesn't have as much power as other MCU franchises (the second movie will probably make around 650 million dollars), it would be nice to end the trilogy introducing Stature and having the movie focused on her.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-24-2018 at 01:59 PM.

I still think that they won't wait a lot to introduce the X-Men. And regarding the Spider-Man situation, there is a 5 years gap between Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man, so if Marvel wanted to wait a little bit more before introducing Spider-Man again, at least to 2019, they could (this is assuming Sony has to make a Spider-Man movie every 5 years. We know that is at least every 5 years, but it could be even more - Daredevil's rights, for example, reverted back to Marvel after 10 years of the release of movie).

And also, X-23 was solely created by Craig Kyle. Chris Yost isn't a creator of the character.
    It’s not a matter of when the film is released but when it goes into production. Just look at the unreleased Fantastic Four movie that came out in the 1990s that was solely created so Constantine films could hold the rights, for example. Amazing Spider-Man started production in 2010, so it seems they do not have much time unlike Fox with Daredevil.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have no idea how old Cassie is in the MCU, but basing on the age of the actress who plays Cassie, who was born in 2008, she would be around 14 in 2022. Peter's age in Homecoming was 15. So if they change the actress and put someone who is around 18, so she doesn't look super young, it will be just fine.

This Stature idea of mine is more about the Young Avengers/Champions/Teen team possibility. Scott can still be an avenger while she is in the teens team. As far as I remember, this is basically what happens in the comics.

And since the Ant-Man franchise doesn't have as much power as other MCU franchises (the second movie will probably make around 650 million dollars), it would be nice to end the trilogy introducing Stature and having the movie focused on her.
    Cassie became Stature during the period when Scott was dead. She became a hero to follow in his footsteps. Seeing how the Ant-Man family of characters are the only legacy characters in the MCU I don't see Cassie taking up her heroic mantle unless Scott is out of the picture. I do like the idea of the third Ant-Man movie focusing on her.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think we’ll see marvel start doing serious work for young hero team until phase 5

It’s not a matter of when the film is released but when it goes into production. Just look at the unreleased Fantastic Four movie that came out in the 1990s that was solely created so Constantine films could hold the rights, for example. Amazing Spider-Man started production in 2010, so it seems they do not have much time unlike Fox with Daredevil.
    I honestly thought that what mattered in this case was the release date. Thanks for the info btw.

But that doesn't change a lot, since that, if they truly wanted to postpone Spidey's appearance in the MCU, they could hold the production for 4 years or more.

Anyway, we don't know the exact terms of the contract between Sony and Marvel, so this is all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cassie became Stature during the period when Scott was dead. She became a hero to follow in his footsteps. Seeing how the Ant-Man family of characters are the only legacy characters in the MCU I don't see Cassie taking up her heroic mantle unless Scott is out of the picture. I do like the idea of the third Ant-Man movie focusing on her.
    Thanks for the info. What I read from her was basically her death, so I have little knowledge about how she became a super hero.

Here are some articles about Cassie becoming Stature in the MCU:

https://screenrant.com/ant-man-wasp-...tature-future/
    https://screenrant.com/young-avenger...e-lang-future/
    https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-ca...fuhrmann-cast/ (rumor about Avengers 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think we’ll see marvel start doing serious work for young hero team until phase 5
    Perhaps it could be the first movie of phase 5? It just seems like they're naturally progressing to it. Kamala will certainly be introduced to the MCU, since she is a comic hit, and Nova being introduced is also a possibility.

With Kamala and Spider-Man (even if it's not Miles Morales) in the MCU, I think it's a good indicator that they may adapt the Champions' books. Rumors about Nova being introduced just makes me think more about that.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-24-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Mm, I don't think it would be that far. I feel as soon as A4 we'll get some name drops, maybe even some faces for those names sprinkled in.

Unless..are we closer to phase 5 then I think?

I honestly thought that what mattered in this case was the release date. Thanks for the info btw.

But that doesn't change a lot, since that, if they truly wanted to postpone Spidey's appearance in the MCU, they could hold the production for 4 years or more.

Anyway, we don't know the exact terms of the contract between Sony and Marvel, so this is all speculation.
    Yeah, but with the Sony hacks it’s likely that they were desperate for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Mm, I don't think it would be that far. I feel as soon as A4 we'll get some name drops, maybe even some faces for those names sprinkled in.

Unless..are we closer to phase 5 then I think?
    Phase 5 will being probably in 2024. This is what Marvel has released so far in terms of calendar:

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
    The film has a release date of July 5, 2019.

Untitled Movie (2020)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of May 1, 2020.

Untitled Movie (2020)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of July 31, 2020.

Untitled Movie (2020)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of November 6, 2020.

Untitled Movie (2021)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of February 12, 2021.

Untitled Movie (2021)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of May 7, 2021.

Untitled Movie (2021)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of November 5, 2021.

Untitled Movie (2022)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of February 18, 2022.

Untitled Movie (2022)
    An Untitled Movie has been announced to release May 6, 2022.

Untitled Movie (2022)
    An Untitled Movie has an announced release date of July 29, 2022.

Keep in mind they haven't announced the end of phase 4, just the calendar until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm skeptical of the idea of introducing the X-Men bit by bit, but I *am* tickled by the idea of them essentially serving the same role as the Infinity Stones in Phases 1 - 3; that is, one X-Man here, another X-Man there, and it all serves to give most of the movies some sort of common connection.
    I still don't believe they will have a slow introduction like the Avengers.

Yeah, but with the Sony hacks it’s likely that they were desperate for money.
    True.

Ultimate Member

The original franchise will be reaching 20th year since Disney has said they will release any Fox film in production and so they will probably make a final chapter film like Dark Knight Rises was. That is two decades of X-films being release every 2-3 years, which launched the Marvel film boom and one of them was the first CBM to be nominated for a screenplay Oscar. It needs a break when it’s over.

Btw, I think the OG X-Men franchise should become the Exiles franchise. An Exiles TV show was pitched and Legion had an episode that explored the multiverse. It would be cool if members of the team consisted of characters of the X-films, Legion, and Gifted.
    I actually laughed out loud at your display pic.

Touche'.