Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Basically this. I don't get people wanting Kamala to be a mutant when that presents a whole set of baggage that doesn't exist for the character. Although Inhumans may never get a movie (any time soon), that doesn't mean overhauling her origin into something completely different. She's connected to Carol, who's connected to Kree, a known connection to Inhumans. It's not difficult to draw a line to Inhumans even if the name inhuman is never mentioned.
    Not saying I support this idea at all, but the only reason I'd want Kamala to be a mutant is to get back at the Inhumans for stealing all that spotlight from the X-Men after Avengers vs. X-Men in the comics, goddammit.

*ahem*

Otherwise, yeah, Kamala's inhuman heritage and connection to Carol are integral parts of the character. AND she can hold her own with the likes of Wolverine and Tyke anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not saying I support this idea at all, but the only reason I'd want Kamala to be a mutant is to get back at the Inhumans for stealing all that spotlight from the X-Men after Avengers vs. X-Men in the comics, goddammit.

*ahem*

Otherwise, yeah, Kamala's inhuman heritage and connection to Carol are integral parts of the character. AND she can hold her own with the likes of Wolverine and Tyke anyway.
    Wasn't this Perlmutter's fault? I mean, the X-Men getting sidelined in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Wasn't this Perlmutter's fault? I mean, the X-Men getting sidelined in the comics.
    Yeah but it certainly increased my disdain for the Inhumans. Especially with the "corporate synergy" that led to promoting the Inhumans in AoS and giving them that ill-conceived show.

Don't goo to harsh on the Inhumans haha

Anyway, Jeremy Conrad was talking about future MCU movies today, and he said that Far From Home it's settled minutes after the end of Avengers 4, so Peter is alive after Avengers 4, and he also said that Stephen is alive after the end of Avengers 4 because of Doctor Strange 2. These aren't surprises, because well all expect that at least everybody that died with the snap, plus Gamora, will return, but this has got me thinking about the Ant Man franchise... Does anyone here expect to see Ant Man 3? I mean, although the Ant Man franchise makes money, the second movie wasn't able to reach the 700 million dollars mark, even with all the current buzz around the MCU. The MCU it's at the peak of it's popularity right now, Scott was featured in Civil War, which made 1,1 billion dollars, and even with that Ant Man and The Wasp grossed only 620 million dollars. It's a good number, but I believe not a "MCU good" number, at least not for a sequence. Even Doctor Strange, as a debut movie, made more than Ant Man and The Wasp (Doctor Strange's box office is around 670 million dollars).

I can see them making the third movie only to introduce Cassie as Stature, prepare things for the teenage group of the MCU and wrap things up with the Ant Man family, more of a "since we kind of have to do this, let's use it for a purpose", but I honestly don't believe that Disney will give the trilogy treatment to franchises that don't reach the 700 million dollars bar in the second movie after what happened to the Ant Man franchise and after the MCU movies showing they're able to hit numbers around 800+ million dollars.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-09-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I do. It had a good showing in the Chinese BO market and made 100M+ more than its predecessor. Those alone are enough to justify a sequel. After A4, I’d expect Ant-Man 3 to do even better than the second one.

Marvel shouldn’t take its own success for granted and start cutting off franchises, especially when they’ve already proved with Thor 3 that it’s never to late to turn one of their weaker ones into a massive money maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I do. It had a good showing in the Chinese BO market and made 100M+ more than its predecessor. Those alone are enough to justify a sequel. After A4, I’d expect Ant-Man 3 to do even better than the second one.

Marvel shouldn’t take its own success for granted and start cutting off franchises, especially when they’ve already proved with Thor 3 that it’s never to late to turn one of their weaker ones into a massive money maker.
    With 3 movies a year and Marvel gaining control of the X-Men and Fantastic Four, I believe they will cut off their weaker franchises. I think Ant Man is not the case because Marvel doesn't control yet the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, so these characters won't be affecting the MCU until at least the end of phase 4, but I can totally see Marvel cutting of weaker franchises after the start of phase 5. When you have so many characters to work with, it only makes sense that the less profitable ones don't get to have full trilogies.

BANNED

In a report by The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has confirmed Rudd is signed to a 5-picture deal with three appearances guaranteed and two film options by Marvel to max out Rudd's full 5-picture deal.
    Under this terms, he's already extended beyond the minimum three pictures. Marvel is more likely to base a third movie on how many franchises go away after civil war (Cap, Thor, IM) vs how many they have in the immediate plans. Marvel is going to go for four films a year, and it will come down to what there is room for.

Personally, I think Ant-Man's story has been told and a third film is not likely. They have to many other cards in their hand, and this one doesn't seem to raise the stakes much.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Under this terms, he's already extended beyond the minimum three pictures. Marvel is more likely to base a third movie on how many franchises go away after civil war (Cap, Thor, IM) vs how many they have in the immediate plans. Marvel is going to go for four films a year, and it will come down to what there is room for.

Personally, I think Ant-Man's story has been told and a third film is not likely. They have to many other cards in their hand, and this one doesn't seem to raise the stakes much.
    You mean shoot 4 movies a year after 2022 right? Because the schedule until 2022 states 3 filmes a year.

Anyway, I agree that Ant Man's story has already been told, and I can only see a third movie happening if they focus on Cassie and setting things up for the teenage group of the MCU.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ant-Man will definitely get a third film. Fans seem to forget that Ant-Man films aren't meant to be large scale and tend to act as breather episodes for the MCU. It nice to have a movie where the stakes are smaller scale and personal. Ant-Man and Wasp made more money than the first movie so a sequel is definitely in the bag.

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/di...ve-1202976061/
    Considering how the reshoots of New Mutants haven't been done yet, that's interesting.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-10-2018 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    You mean shoot 4 movies a year after 2022 right? Because the schedule until 2022 states 3 filmes a year.

Anyway, I agree that Ant Man's story has already been told, and I can only see a third movie happening if they focus on Cassie and setting things up for the teenage group of the MCU.
    The FOX franchises will raise that to four.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Peyton Reed did an interview for the home video release for Ant-Man and the Wasp. He says he has his eye on Cassie Lang for future stories
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...ature-stinger/

“Well, I think one of the things that we've set the seeds for in both movies — and I think particularly in Ant-Man and the Wasp — is Cassie Lang, Scott's daughter. In the comics, she goes on to be a hero in her own right, so I love the idea that in this movie we see that moment where she covers for Scott and stands up to the FBI agent. We see a little bit of her father's personality in her. I'm intrigued to kind of see what the future holds for Cassie.”

Cassie becomes Stature, the size-changing member of the Young Avengers, in the Marvel Comics Universe. After her apparent death and resurrection, she teams up with her dad and becomes the ant-themed heroine Stinger. Those later stories are the ones that have Reed’s attention when it comes to Cassie possibly becoming a hero in her own right on-screen.

“It's possible,” Reed says. “I mean, it really is. There's some interesting stuff in the Nick Spencer Ant-Man comics where I think they're living in Miami in the comics, but Cassie is in high school, and she's having typical sort of issues that high school girl might be having, and I like the idea of Scott Lang sort of having to deal with Cassie at almost any age. I like that dynamic a lot.”
    Sounds to me she will become a central character when we get an Ant-Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

*ahem*

That wasn't the IP's fault. It was bad editorial decisions, however, I realize that doesn't change the feelings of people, whose favorite character's got the short end of the publishing stick. I am a huge Marvel fan and the Inhumans are in my top 3 favorite Marvel teams along with the F4 and X-Men and I hate seeing the backlash they got for Marvel's inability to handle a crossover event properly.

But to speak to your comment specifically, I am not trying to attack you, but saying that you want Kamala to be a mutant to get back at the Inhumans is strange to me. I mean X-Men fans amongst other reasons didn't appreciate the Inhumans encroaching on their "the world hates us for being different" angle, but making an Inhuman character a mutant further blurs those lines and makes the reason for the backlash even more meaningless in my opinion. I would like for the backlash to die down, but the argument that you presented above just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :/

To be a little more on topic with the thread, I would love for Kamala to stay an Inhuman if she is introduced into the MCU and I would also greatly appreciate a movie centered around the Royal Family some time in the future.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 10-17-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ant-Man will definitely get a third film. Fans seem to forget that Ant-Man films aren't meant to be large scale and tend to act as breather episodes for the MCU. It nice to have a movie where the stakes are smaller scale and personal. Ant-Man and Wasp made more money than the first movie so a sequel is definitely in the bag.
    Ya Ant-Man 3 is possible they just need to spend way less on it.