Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Future of the MCU - Phase Four

So, since there is only more two movies before phase 3 of the MCU officially ends, and we already got Captain Marvel's trailer, what are your predictions for the movies that will be released in phase 4?

So, I think phase 4 will have around 12 movies, and my guess is:

1 - Spider-Man - Far From Home (Confirmed)
    2 - Black Widow (somewhat confirmed)
    3 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (I'm more inclined to think this will be canceled)
    4 - Black Panther 2 (not confirmed, but impossible not to have a sequence)
    5 - Doctor Strange 2
    6 - Captain Marvel 2
    7 - The Eternals
    8 - Ms. Marvel
    9 - X-Men
    10 - Fantastic Four
    11 - Avengers 5
    12 - A teen group, like Champions or Young Avengers

Also, is practically confirmed that there will be a Deadpool 3, and maybe if New Mutants does well in the box-office, it may get a second movie, but I don't know exactly how this movies will be integrated to the MCU, if it ever happens, specially in the case of New Mutants.

And also, there were rumors about a Captain Britain and Black Knight movie, weirdly a bit after is was announced that the production of GotG 3 was suspended, so perhaps they will fill in the slot left by the Guardians?
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Got Spidey's movie title wrong

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There were a lot of rumors about phrase 4 having a larger cosmic focus. Guardians 3 was meant to setup the direction for phrase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    1 - Spider-Man - Away From Home (Confirmed)
    *Far From Home.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Isn’t a Nova film basically all but confirmed for phase 4?

I would think that after the success of Black Panther they will probably be considering at least one more ethnically diverse super-hero property, though what I don't know.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I would think that after the success of Black Panther they will probably be considering at least one more ethnically diverse super-hero property, though what I don't know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

I think that they intent to change the phase focus from the Avengers to a crossover installment with the X-Men.

1 - Spider-Man - Away From Home (Confirmed)
    Thanks! Totally overlooked that mistake lol

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Well, Kamala is a muslim, and she is probably getting her own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I think that they intent to change the phase focus from the Avengers to a crossover installment with the X-Men.
    My guess is that the X-Men will only be introduced to the MCU in 2022, and I think one or two avengers could appear in their movie to establish a deeper connection to the MCU since they're all on earth (a small participation like in Ant Man), but I think a crossover will only happen in phase 5.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Isn’t a Nova film basically all but confirmed for phase 4?

True! Totally forgot about that. I'll add right away

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There were a lot of rumors about phrase 4 having a larger cosmic focus. Guardians 3 was meant to setup the direction for phrase 4.
    Well, with GotG 3 production paralyzed right now, they will have to use another movie to set the tone for phase 4. Perhaps The Eternals?
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    My guess is that the X-Men will only be introduced to the MCU in 2022, and I think one or two avengers could appear in their movie to establish a deeper connection to the MCU since they're all on earth (a small participation like in Ant Man), but I think a crossover will only happen in phase 5.

I don’t see them using the X-Men as a team for while. They will have to gradually build up mutants. Instead of immediately dumping the team on us and going “here are all the mutants, everyone oppressed them, this is reality now,” just set up the situation but by bit.

Unless they alter history it seems like a bad idea to rush into it. Especially, when recent X-films have already covered similar plot points. Which Marvel would likely avoid at all cost considering how they approached Hulk, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel(changing Carol’s origin because it was too similar to Green Lantern).
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-23-2018 at 10:43 PM.

I'm skeptical of the idea of introducing the X-Men bit by bit, but I *am* tickled by the idea of them essentially serving the same role as the Infinity Stones in Phases 1 - 3; that is, one X-Man here, another X-Man there, and it all serves to give most of the movies some sort of common connection.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The original franchise will be reaching its 20th year since Disney has said they will release any Fox film in production and so they will probably make a final chapter film like Dark Knight Rises was. That is two decades of X-films being release every 2-3 years, which launched the Marvel film boom and one of them was the first CBM to be nominated for a screenplay Oscar. It needs a break when it’s over.

Btw, I think the OG X-Men franchise should become the Exiles franchise. An Exiles TV show was pitched and Legion had an episode that explored the multiverse. It would be cool if members of the team consisted of characters of the X-films, Legion, and Gifted.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-25-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The original franchise will be reaching 20th year since Disney has said they will release any Fox film in production and so they will probably make a final chapter film like Dark Knight Rises was. That is two decades of X-films being release every 2-3 years, which launched the Marvel film boom and one of them was the first CBM to be nominated for a screenplay Oscar. It needs a break when it’s over.

Btw, I think the OG X-Men franchise should become the Exiles franchise. An Exiles TV show was pitched and Legion had an episode that explored the multiverse. It would be cool if members of the team consisted of characters of the X-films, Legion, and Gifted.
    Well, the last X-Men team movie under Fox ruling is Dark Phoenix right? I don't think Fox right now has another X-Men movie being produced, and with the Fox and Disney fusion expected to be completed in the first half of 2019, I think it's safe to assume that Dark Phoenix will be the last one, since it doesn't give Marvel and Disney any advantage to produce any X-Men movie Fox was planning to do, after the fusion.

I believe Marvel will handle the X-Men the same way they handled Spider-Man. So, if we consider only the X-Men team movies (forget the Wolverine ones, since they were their own thing), and considering Dark Phoenix is released, we will have 7 X-Men team movies made by Fox, against 5 Spider-Man movies made by Sony. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released in 2014, and immediately after Marvel was able to put Spider-Man in their movies, they did, featuring him in Civil War (2016). One year later they released Homecoming. So if Spider-Man, who is one single character, only had to wait 2 years after his last "outside" movie to be introduced to the MCU, why would the X-Men, a team that is composed of multiple members, the biggest part of them being left unexplored by Fox, will have to wait more than 3 years to be introduced to the MCU?
    Honestly? I think they will simply throw the X-Men in the universe and that's it. Similar to what they did with Spider-Man. No origin story, no tragical classic events (like uncle Ben dying), but exploring different characters, which gives the audience that sense of freshness and novelty.

And that's easy to do, if Avengers 4 really has time traveling, they can simply establish that the time traveling altered their timeline, and now they live in a timeline where the X-Men exist. Put them as an older team, with the O5 being around 30-40 years old, and use Kitty, a character that wasn't explored a lot by the Fox movies, as the newcomer.

The same thing can be applied to the Fantastic Four.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-23-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Phase Four Films:

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Doctor Strange 2
    Black Widow
    Captain Britain and the Black Knight

Black Panther 2
    Eternals
    Spider-Man 3

Ant-Man 3
    Captain Marvel 2
    Ironheart (spinoff of Iron Man)

Guardians 3 or Thor 4
    Ms. Marvel
    Avengers 5 (featuring an all-female team)

Uncanny X-men
    Doctor Strange 3
    Black Panther 3

Wolverine solo film
    Captain Marvel 3
    Fantastic Four
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-24-2018 at 10:22 AM.