Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The Inhumans are a fascinating bunch, at least to me, but they're also a problematic bunch to interpret faithfully. In their purest form, they are active practitioners of eugenics, have a genetocracy, and feature a manufactured slave race of manually skilled inferiors.

That can be handled well, but it takes a deft hand.
    There's numerous storytelling opportunities to go with that, and you're right it'd take someone very good at their craft to do that and I think Marvel can do this. Just don't go the X-men film route like they did with Magneto. Another option would be to make the royals satelite characters and have the approach marvel was doing in the comics by having new Inhuman communities on Earth, maybe have characters like Crystal rebel against the royal family?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

How do you guys think they’ll tackle the various teams of X-Men? I have often thought in recent years that the MCU X-Men would benefit from using the Blue and Gold teams from the comics as a template with the option of a new X-Men based film every year - a X-Men Blue film in year one, a X-Men Gold film with year two and some kind of team up or supporting role in a larger Marvel film for year three. Of course this doesn’t account for other mutant teams, X-Force or Excalibur especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    How do you guys think they’ll tackle the various teams of X-Men? I have often thought in recent years that the MCU X-Men would benefit from using the Blue and Gold teams from the comics as a template with the option of a new X-Men based film every year - a X-Men Blue film in year one, a X-Men Gold film with year two and some kind of team up or supporting role in a larger Marvel film for year three. Of course this doesn’t account for other mutant teams, X-Force or Excalibur especially.
    too much stuff coming out of Disney and they aren't gonna step on they're own toes by releasing too many movies, so id be willing to bet we don't get an Xmen film every year or even every other. Though I wouldn't complain if we did.
    There were nonsense reddit rumors about what the plans for Xmen were. It claimed the first movie would have the Xmen going to the Savage land and fighting Sauron with Mr Sinister behind everything. Racism, bigotry and all that are inherent to the xmen characters. That will always be there but I'd love for this to be a big colorful Xmen movie, everyone get theyre individual costumes no black leather. The rumored team that went along with that was something like Cyclops,Jean,Storm,Nightcrawler,Thunderbird,Havok, and Sunfire. I'd prefer the OG team to go first but that's a pretty diverse cast without having to race bend anyone. Anyway just looking forward to more color and fun to go along with the the deeper issues at the core of the Xmen stories. Doubt any of what I just said is what they will do. But the MCU knows how to bring a level of fun I've been missing with the Xnem. I mean Nightcrawler was a self mutilating weirdo in past films. I want Kurt from the comics. The Swashbuckling prankster who happens to also be a man of faith. Id also love if when we do get Wolverine one day instead of focusing on some young girl focus on his relationship with Kurt. Always loved theyre dynamic in the comics. The MCU is great at ensembles. So I'm hoping we get an Xmen movie where everyone shines, especially Cyclops. Chris Evans made Cap the heart of the MCU. They need to do the same with Cyclops and the Xmen. Boyscout characters can be interesting, just use Cap as a template for Scott.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-04-2020 at 04:55 AM.

So in this new Multiverse context that is acknowledged now, is Edward Norton's Banner/Hulk adventure considered to be on an alternate world, with Mark Ruffalo's Banner being assumed to have had the same adventure off-screen?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If you want to see it that way, feel free. But I don’t see any reason why the multiverse would have any impact on its place.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't expect Norton to return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So in this new Multiverse context that is acknowledged now, is Edward Norton's Banner/Hulk adventure considered to be on an alternate world, with Mark Ruffalo's Banner being assumed to have had the same adventure off-screen?
    What would be the point of that though?
    If they had the same adventure what's gained in making a distinction between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    What would be the point of that though?
    If they had the same adventure what's gained in making a distinction between the two?
    meaning that scenes from the 2008 film can be recreated with Ruffalo's face instead of Norton's

With "MCU Legends", there is this 5-7 minute synopses about their characters. In Ruffalos' case, it would be odd, but probably predictable if all of the past footage only involves stuff from The Avengers movie forward.

With this upcoming She-Hulk series, Tim Roth is supposed to return. There may be some type of reference to the 2008 film in flashback form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    meaning that scenes from the 2008 film can be recreated with Ruffalo's face instead of Norton's

With "MCU Legends", there is this 5-7 minute synopses about their characters. In Ruffalos' case, it would be odd, but probably predictable if all of the past footage only involves stuff from The Avengers movie forward.

With this upcoming She-Hulk series, Tim Roth is supposed to return. There may be some type of reference to the 2008 film in flashback form.
    Still kinda pointless and a waste of money it would be like redoing Terrence Howard seens in Ironman pointless.
    Last edited by choptop; 03-13-2021 at 07:37 PM.

BANNED

Why is casting a different actor in the same role and the same reality so difficult to accept?

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Why is casting a different actor in the same role and the same reality so difficult to accept?
    Ya I never did get why people have problems with that it's just like when they didn't want joker to be in the DCAU and the Batman shows at the same time because people would get confused?

Ultimate Member

So I'm guessing for shows like Ms Marvel there won't be recap shows