Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    I still don't believe they will have a slow introduction like the Avengers.

True.
    Agreed that it's much more likely that they'll introduce the X-Men wholesale in a single movie. But dropping hints and foreshadows here and there of other properties isn't unheard of in the MCU -- they're almost obsessed with that sort of thing, especially their after credits scenes.

Me, I'd love to see the established MCU heroes teaming up with one X-Man per movie (i.e. Black Panther and Storm, or Capt. Marvel and Rogue, or Strange and Xavier) until it's time to introduce the team as a whole, but that's extremely unlikely. But teasing through after credits or name drops and such to build them up seems more likely than that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Agreed that it's much more likely that they'll introduce the X-Men wholesale in a single movie. But dropping hints and foreshadows here and there of other properties isn't unheard of in the MCU -- they're almost obsessed with that sort of thing, especially their after credits scenes.

Me, I'd love to see the established MCU heroes teaming up with one X-Man per movie (i.e. Black Panther and Storm, or Capt. Marvel and Rogue, or Strange and Xavier) until it's time to introduce the team as a whole, but that's extremely unlikely. But teasing through after credits or name drops and such to build them up seems more likely than that idea.
    Scarlet Witch probably will end up being the way to drop hints about the mutants, since apparently now Marvel Studios wants her to actually be a mutant, stating that the Mind Stone awoke something in her and Pietro, hence explaining why they survived Hydra's experiments.

And lol, I'm laughing about the possibility of a Captain Marvel and Rogue team up. I've read this at least 30 times only in the past 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Scarlet Witch probably will end up being the way to drop hints about the mutants, since apparently now Marvel Studios wants her to actually be a mutant, stating that the Mind Stone awoke something in her and Pietro, hence explaining why they survived Hydra's experiments.

And lol, I'm laughing about the possibility of a Captain Marvel and Rogue team up. I've read this at least 30 times only in the past 7 days.
    Poor girl went from "No More Mutants" to "Yes All the Mutants."

I actually think it would be kind of fun to modernize the mutants and introduce them now. As a reaction to Thanos' manipulations, some humans evolve with the X gene. Mutants are generally mistrusted, hunted down, and have no secret identities (kind of like Ultimate X-Men).

Then in time reveal others that were mutants before but interacted with the gems to "awaken" the latent X gene. Magneto was experimented on by Red Skull in WW2, he shows powers, maybe does some missions and gets out of hand trying to take over the world to find other mutants, and gets "frozen" by the Space stone until Thanos wakes him up with his finger snap.

Hyrda later experiments on Eric's kidnapped children after the war but they die because they aren't using a stone. Red Skull's research of the Space stone indicates you need an exotic power source to awaken the X gene.

Later, Strucker and Dr. List get Eric's grandchildren Scarlet/Pietro (*gasp* they're clones of his children) to agree to new tests with the Mind stone. They "awaken" via the Mind Stone tests that Hydra does. Sprinkle in some Omega level mutants that already have been around before the stones started activating the X gene en masse (maybe retcon Charles into one, have a few others like Jean, Iceman ... heck the original 5 even and start them in the 90s, some villains) and I think that might be a fun way to get mutants into the MCU rather cleanly, with the obligatory small retcons.

Wolverine should stay an enigma. Like Joker, I hate when the pin an origin on him.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-25-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I would think that after the success of Black Panther they will probably be considering at least one more ethnically diverse super-hero property, though what I don't know.
    Eternals seems to be that. There is also buzz around a possible live action version of Kamala Khan and Young Avengers film.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I hope that some of the TV show characters are allowed to graduate into the movies, even as guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that some of the TV show characters are allowed to graduate into the movies, even as guests.
    As long as this Marvel Studios x Marvel TV competition/fight continues, I don’t see that happening. They will be, at max, acknowledged by the movies.

Honestly? They should remove the control of Marvel TV from the hands of Jeph Loeb and give it to someone who is more aligned with Feige’s conception of the Marvel Universe.

Fantastic Member

Is there anything stopping Disney and Fox from working out a deal to get access to the X-Men/FF before the sale is completed? Something similar to what was done between Disney and Sony for Spider-man. This way they could use A4 to introduce them if they want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    Is there anything stopping Disney and Fox from working out a deal to get access to the X-Men/FF before the sale is completed? Something similar to what was done between Disney and Sony for Spider-man. This way they could use A4 to introduce them if they want.
    Yes the regulations of several governments around the world. Disney was not buying Sony, and so it's entirely differe legally. Collusion between FOX and Disney can influence corporate value, share price, lead to all kinds of individuals going to jail for price fixing and insider trading, and ultimately not only kill the deal forever, but also fine both companies enormously. It's not worth it to form even a hint of cooperation.

They have to be much more separate now than they ever were before.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 09-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.

They are but it's not going to be in time for A4.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

The merger must be final. Fox and Disney can’t even talk about the future of MCU, XCU nor F4

Honestly? I think that even if Disney had access to the F4 and the X-Men now, they still wouldn't introduce them in A4. A4 is about ending the story of the original Avengers and establishing the new ones, mainly Captain Marvel, so I believe Disney wouldn't want to jump the gun here and end up messing up the possibility of having a nice conclusion and renewal of the Avengers and then, after, having a proper introduction to F4 and the X-Men.

Anyway, the fusion is expected to be completed on the first half of 2019, so if they wanna drop any hints in the 2020 MCU movies, they can.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm skeptical of the idea of introducing the X-Men bit by bit, but I *am* tickled by the idea of them essentially serving the same role as the Infinity Stones in Phases 1 - 3; that is, one X-Man here, another X-Man there, and it all serves to give most of the movies some sort of common connection.
    That would be terrific. Some as a central mcguffin of a given story, others as bit players on the fringes of the action going on, all mysteriously vanishing in the wake of distracting events, each of which prove to be an illusion, with the only clue being the presence of an enigmatic bald man in a wheelchair somewhere near each disappearance.

Like you, I don't think it likely; the MCU is moving too bold and fast for the kind of subtlety they practiced 10 years ago. Still, it would be awesome.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The merger must be final. Fox and Disney can’t even talk about the future of MCU, XCU nor F4
    Yes they can. On Marvel's end they can risk anything that potentially spoils Avengers 4.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes they can. On Marvel's end they can risk anything that potentially spoils Avengers 4.
    Disney is not going to risk anything to ruin this merger.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-26-2018 at 03:42 PM.