Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Disney is not going to risk anything to ruin this merger.
    How does Marvel talking about their MCU plans do that? They planned out their movies far in advance.

Wonder if the X-Men's arrival and origin will somehow be tied in with the resolution of Infinity War. Maybe the stones get dispersed and cause mutations in teenagers.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How does Marvel talking about their MCU plans do that? They planned out their movies far in advance.
    Disney can’t talk about anything that belongs to Fox.
    They can talk about the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wonder if the X-Men's arrival and origin will somehow be tied in with the resolution of Infinity War. Maybe the stones get dispersed and cause mutations in teenagers.
    Possibly. Perhaps it will alter the timeline they live in.

I rather they focus on FF first in phase 4 and leave X-men on the back-burner for now. The Fantastic Four are probably easier to incorporate into the MCU than the x-men and less of a gordian knot to sort through.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather they focus on FF first in phase 4 and leave X-men on the back-burner for now. The Fantastic Four are probably easier to incorporate into the MCU than the x-men and less of a gordian knot to sort through.
    The FF are way easier to incorporate than the X-Men, that’s true, and it’s also way easier to explain their existence in the MCU, since we’re talking about four people and not an entire race, like the mutants.

Talking about races, since Kamala will be introduced to the MCU, I still think that the idea of an Inhumans movie far ahead it’s not completely discarded. We will already have a deeper knowledge about the Kree after the Captain Marvel movie, and The Eternals movie will already introduce the concept of experimenting on humans/humans ancestrals to create a new race, so it’s basically paving the way to make an Inhumans movie possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    The FF are way easier to incorporate than the X-Men, that’s true, and it’s also way easier to explain their existence in the MCU, since we’re talking about four people and not an entire race, like the mutants.

Talking about races, since Kamala will be introduced to the MCU, I still think that the idea of an Inhumans movie far ahead it’s not completely discarded. We will already have a deeper knowledge about the Kree after the Captain Marvel movie, and The Eternals movie will already introduce the concept of experimenting on humans/humans ancestrals to create a new race, so it’s basically paving the way to make an Inhumans movie possible.
    The failure of the Inhumans show killed their brand. I don't see a movie for them in the horizon. The TV shows already laid the groundwork for other Inhuman characters and it's up to the movies to have use of it.

The failure of the Inhumans show killed their brand. I don't see a movie for them in the horizon. The TV shows already laid the groundwork for other Inhuman characters and it's up to the movies to have use of it.
    I honestly don’t think so. The show was terrible, that is true, but it didn’t have a global reach (for example, in my country it has received 0 attention), so that’s why I don’t believe it has killed the brand. The last FF was terrible and had a global release, and even like that it wasn’t able to kill the brand, so I guess it’s all about perspective. If they want an Inhumans movie like, in 2028, I bet they can work it out. Time is the best remedy for everything, specially terrible TV shows/movies of a franchise that want to be forgotten or made irrelevant.

TBH Fiege never felt that interested in the Inhumans which is why it got pushed back schedule wise. Eventually it got scooped up by the TV side which is more of a sign that he didn't care for it. That show was critically panned while the ratings tanked so there is less incentive to bring it back.

Kamala doesn't really need the inhuman connection and this is speaking from a fan who liked her being an inhuman. Her being a mutant just worked fine.

TBH Fiege never felt that interested in the Inhumans which is why it got pushed back schedule wise. Eventually it got scooped up by the TV side which is more of a sign that he didn't care for it. That show was critically panned while the ratings tanked so there is less incentive to bring it back.

Kamala doesn't really need the inhuman connection and this is speaking from a fan who liked her being an inhuman. Her being a mutant just worked fine.
    Honestly, even if they don’t make a Inhumans movie, there is 0 need for Kamala to be a mutant. They can still introduce her as a inhuman without a problem, just giving basic info about it. Making her a mutant would only drag the character into mutant issues that, honestly, I don’t want to see. Mutants are way more defined by this whole race prejudice thing than the inhumans, and I don’t wanna see Kamala being involved into that, and, unfortunately, being a mutant means that, no matter how, you will be dragged into this whole race prejudice thing.

There's no need to turn Kamala into a mutant. Her connection to the royal family is minimal and the groundwork for Inhumans is already laid.

To be fair the movies never picked up on the TV shows. So it remains to be seen if they care enough about the inhumans to use what the TV shows already laid out.

There's no need to turn Kamala into a mutant. Her connection to the royal family is minimal and the groundwork for Inhumans is already laid.
    This.

To be fair the movies never picked up on the TV shows. So it remains to be seen if they care enough about the inhumans to use what the TV shows already laid out.
    They can just say she is an inhuman and give a brief explanation about this. No need to alter anything. It actually gives the possibility of introducing other inhuman characters who are not royal family (since the royal family is more of Inhumans' movie kind of thing).

Astonishing Member

Honestly, even if they don’t make a Inhumans movie, there is 0 need for Kamala to be a mutant. They can still introduce her as a inhuman without a problem, just giving basic info about it. Making her a mutant would only drag the character into mutant issues that, honestly, I don’t want to see. Mutants are way more defined by this whole race prejudice thing than the inhumans, and I don’t wanna see Kamala being involved into that, and, unfortunately, being a mutant means that, no matter how, you will be dragged into this whole race prejudice thing.
    Basically this. I don't get people wanting Kamala to be a mutant when that presents a whole set of baggage that doesn't exist for the character. Although Inhumans may never get a movie (any time soon), that doesn't mean overhauling her origin into something completely different. She's connected to Carol, who's connected to Kree, a known connection to Inhumans. It's not difficult to draw a line to Inhumans even if the name inhuman is never mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Basically this. I don't get people wanting Kamala to be a mutant when that presents a whole set of baggage that doesn't exist for the character. Although Inhumans may never get a movie (any time soon), that doesn't mean overhauling her origin into something completely different. She's connected to Carol, who's connected to Kree, a known connection to Inhumans. It's not difficult to draw a line to Inhumans even if the name inhuman is never mentioned.
    This is very true. Kamala being a inhuman strengths her connection with Carol, and since Captain Marvel will be the character that will lead the MCU after Avengers 4, and since Kamala is a comic hit and will be introduced to the MCU, I'm sure they will want to invest a lot in their relationship and highlight their similarities. The thing they did between Peter and Tony that the movie audience seems to love? Imagine that 10000x more developed and with actual comic background. Marvel is playing the big game with Carol Danvers, and that includes inspiring kids/teens inside and outside the screen. Marvel wants people to love her and be a symbol, and they will use everything they can for that. Kamala included. So yeah, Kamala will be an inhuman on the MCU.