Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

A crossover the second Logan came back, let me guess it will lead to another relaunch

Not sure how to feel about this. I kind of have a thing for bad 90s comics...but there are so many other talented people Marvel could get for an X-Men crossover.

I'm really wondering over which titles the event will happen? If the idea dates back to last year's Thanksgiving, the new X-Force ongoing was probably not even thought of yet. I'm wondering if it will be an Uncanny X-Men/Deadpool crossover?

Everyones talking about the art but he may just be handling writing duties and covers or at the very least a few issues. I vwry much doubt he will do the entire event.

Unless by "event" he means a short mini series
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Huh. A giant Liefeld event is not something I thought anyone wanted in 2018. I am filled with dread. And also some doubt that he will make it through to 2019 without fighting with Marvel.
    Especially when you considering Liefeld has a habit of leaving projects when its on-going via Image United anyone ?

I mean I would be worried if this is true and comes to pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    The only reason he's getting any type of recognition is because of the success of the Deadpool movies and how well received Cable and Domino were. He's should be praising Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller for all of this.
    Yeah... I mean where is the praise for Fabian Nicieza, the writer for Deadpool in all of this ?

I'll believe it's "huge" when Marvel announces something official. This guy ain't known for his ability to hit a deadline, so I have doubts about how much Marvel would depend on him for anything major.

Ultimate Member

Maybe they went to him really early and got him started so that they could get him to stay on schedule if he's not being rushed...or it's part of a crossover and he's only doing like one book of said crossover or something like that...

OH GOD WHY??!!s

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    That was one of my first thoughts if he uses Shatterstar. He was very vocal about it never being his vision for the character.
    He's long since showed his support for the characters development

Astonishing Member

Nice one.
    This should be a fun crossover in the x-men comics.
    Does this mean that in 2019,Rob Liefield will be writing and/or illustrating a x-men comic book in 2019 or that he will be just doing this crossover?

He used to be a notorious love to hate writer and artist in the 90s, the last work I read for his was Xforce/Cable the legend returns, I struggled to get through the first issue. Better have Joss Whedon back on Xbooks than Rob Liefeld.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I like his art. He improved big time since the 90's.

Let's also not forget he created Cable and Deadpool. He deserves some credit.

His writing skills are sometimes good, sometimes not so good. But if Marvel believes in him, we might wanna give it a chance.

I mean, come on, there has not been anything clear on when and what.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'll believe it's "huge" when Marvel announces something official. This guy ain't known for his ability to hit a deadline, so I have doubts about how much Marvel would depend on him for anything major.
    Also, if it's true, he's breached an NDA! Creators can't just say they're doing something when it's not been announced yet!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I find it interesting that he says Marvel turned the volume down on the X-Men "almost 20 years," implying that this has been going on since the early '00s. Which I'm not quite sure I buy (it wasn't until the Inhumans push era that top talent and promotion was visibly being steered away from the X-line), but it certainly lends fuel to those who argue that Quesada always wanted to de-emphasize the X-Men.

As for Liefeld, I'm sure he has a fan following but have his various returns to Marvel, ever since the late '90s, really been breakout hits? Bringing back once-famous creators, be they greats like Claremont or more controversial figures like Liefeld, always seems like a stopgap solution at best.
    Claremont is a great with characterisation. But he needs a really good editor to temper his excesses. I was surprised recently when I went back and re-read some of his X-treme X-Men issues from 2003. It had none of his usual exposition and it was underwritten when compared to his stuff from the 80's.

Marvel are really trying to shift attention back onto the X-Men. Which is why, I think, they are approaching older creators synonymous with the franchise. Claremont is back. Now, according to this article, Liefeld is coming back to do an X-Men related project. Can Louise Simonson be far behind? Peter David is still with them and is free now Scarlet Spider is wrapping up. So I hope he gets roped into the party.

I really think this is a gesture to appeal to lapsed readers and capitalize on a certain sense of nostalgia. Might also be a celebration for the franchise as a whole. X-Force (with almost all the original line-up) is happening. Jean is back. Wolverine is in the process of coming back. Xavier is out there. Betsy is back in her original body. Magneto has gone back to his roots (Complete with a new Brotherhood) on a new Asteroid M. Seems plans are in motion and next year will be X-Men focused.

Give him movie credits,he will go away asap. I am sick of him. Cable and Deadpool will be some of the worst characters in comics today if other people did not come and take them to a whole new level, away from Rob.