Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Didn't one of CC's future stories show Scott and Emma as a couple with several kids? If that wasn't in X-Men: the End, then where?
    That was X-Men: The End and the two follow-up GeNext mini-series. Scott and Emma's oldest daughter in that timeline, Megan, was one of the GeNext main cast.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it's just as possible that Claremont is writing a flashback involving Slym and Redd or Cyclops when Nathan was a baby.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    X-men Forever is different than X-men The End. In X-men Forever, Claremont picked up from 1991 when he left the books. Jean and Logan were deeply in love (or something) while she was still with Scott. The writing was terrible, so I don't remember many of the details.
    Yes, X-Men: The End/GeNext and X-Men Forever were set in different timelines.

In The End timeline, Jean died again just as she did in New X-Men #150, and Scott and Emma formally got together. Eventually, they married and had kids.

In the Forever timeline, Jean and Logan began a romantic relationship in X-Men Forever Annual #1, set before X-Men (1991) #1. Logan was then killed by the Storm clone in events set after X-Men (1991) #3. Jean telepathically feels him die, and the trauma causes her to start manifesting Phoenix-level powers again. In the course of this, Scott learns about Jean's affair with Logan, and he and Jean formally break up. Oddly, Scott later delivers the eulogy at Logan's funeral.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    based on his source material for the Hellfire club it doesn't sound like he'd might that one bit.
    In the words of Ms. Vida Boheme, “I declare”.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    In the words of Ms. Vida Boheme, “I declare”.
    I meant "mind" that.

"Virgil don't like spice!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    There's a Q&A from a comic-con a couple of years ago wherein he outlines a story he'd like to do: at the end of the universe, Logan is the last living being, and Jean is the Phoenix. They reunite and make love, triggering a new Big Bang (pun intended), and re-creating the universe.

Damn, never saw this one before. Read a whole lot of interviews over the years talking about aborted plans and his feelings about the characters. But I never saw this one. I'd say this qualifies as him seeing Logan and Jean as soulmates.