Incredible Member

Default Rune King Thor vs Kal Kent

Who takes it?

Guy who can no sell Mangog and will him out of existence ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Kal Kent is much faster so he'll act first. Can Rune king Thor withstand a heat vision that can push back a galaxy?

I mean he took out a Pantheon of Odin + dudes. He should be alright long enough to think, "Kal doesn't exist anymore".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he took out a Pantheon of Odin + dudes. He should be alright long enough to think, "Kal doesn't exist anymore".
    How do we know that they were Odin +? They didn't attack Asgard or Odin. They played behind the scenes and orchestrated Ragnorak. What feats do they actually have?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    How do we know that they were Odin +? They didn't attack Asgard or Odin. They played behind the scenes and orchestrated Ragnorak. What feats do they actually have?
    Perpetuating the cycle of Ragnarok and controlling Asgard/Asgardians to such a degree where Odin himself couldn't perceive them, let alone act if he knew. Considering it's their only feat ... there's nothing to contradict it. Can't say they're stronger than Galactus or the like, mind, but certainly beyond Odin based on their presentation.

Arx Inosaan

Perpetuating the cycle of Ragnarok and controlling Asgard/Asgardians to such a degree where Odin himself couldn't perceive them, let alone act if he knew. Considering it's their only feat ... there's nothing to contradict it. Can't say they're stronger than Galactus or the like, mind, but certainly beyond Odin based on their presentation.
    Contradict what though? They have no direct feats. For all we know they used spells and years of planning to do it. For example, Reed isn't anywhere close to SS in power but give him prep and Norrin is going down.

Contradict what though? They have no direct feats. For all we know they used spells and years of planning to do it. For example, Reed isn't anywhere close to SS in power but give him prep and Norrin is going down.
    No, they specifically orchestrated the cycle of Ragnarok so they could feed off of the energies produced, and did so for countless cycles. It also took a Thor, who surpassed Odin in power (the Thor Force/Mastery of Rune Magic) to perceive and defeat them. Now, they reappear later, much weaker, in like ... Loki: Agent of Shield #16 or #17, and as much is repeated -- they consume the energy from Ragnarok -- and survived if much diminished, after Thor whupped them and broke the cycle.

Whether or not you wanna add "but maybe this", or "but maybe that" is irrelevant to the fact that it specifically required a Thor who surpassed Odin, to deal with Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, and they have one feat and a bit of fluff about what specifically they did.

No limit's fallacy takes effect if one wants to go, "but RKT is stronger than Galactus, or Eternity" surely, but "surpasses Odin" is perfectly fine.

Arx Inosaan

No, they specifically orchestrated the cycle of Ragnarok so they could feed off of the energies produced, and did so for countless cycles. It also took a Thor, who surpassed Odin in power (the Thor Force/Mastery of Rune Magic) to perceive and defeat them. Now, they reappear later, much weaker, in like ... Loki: Agent of Shield #16 or #17, and as much is repeated -- they consume the energy from Ragnarok -- and survived if much diminished, after Thor whupped them and broke the cycle.

Whether or not you wanna add "but maybe this", or "but maybe that" is irrelevant to the fact that it specifically required a Thor who surpassed Odin, to deal with Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, and they have one feat and a bit of fluff about what specifically they did.

No limit's fallacy takes effect if one wants to go, "but RKT is stronger than Galactus, or Eternity" surely, but "surpasses Odin" is perfectly fine.
    Okay, when they fought Thor were there any feats? I'm just looking for one feat. Right now everything is presentation and not much else. I'll happily concede if the do.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Okay, when they fought Thor were there any feats? I'm just looking for one feat. Right now everything is presentation and not much else. I'll happily concede if the do.
    The feats are Odin sneaking the message to Thor that Odin himself (remember: dude who thought he could take on Celestials with prep, and who shakes "thousands of galaxies" in his big fights) can barely DETECT these guys, much less bring the fight to them.

Thor needed the combination of the Odin/Thor Force, and the Rune goodness added on top, but once he was there, he unveiled the way into their pantheon and basically told them "nuh-unh." They were like "you are way beneath us, there is nothing you can do." So he just got rid of them. Buh-bye. A pantheon of dudes who Odin-when-that-meant-something couldn't do a damn thing about, and RKT just overwhelms them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The issue is that you're misunderstanding that in the context of what they've shown, their presentation is the only 'feat' we have to measure them by.

If it was say, them speaking such on their own, sure .. but you've got Odin, someone with explicit feats saying he can barely realize they exist let alone confront them.

Arx Inosaan