Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 254
  1. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if they're trying to re-position Jessica as the lead character rather then just doing a storyline that shakes things up in the book for a bit.
    I didn't see JLO in the November solicits, I wonder if it's cancelled by then? Or is that when the whole thing with the Blackstars starts and all the Green Lanterns are changed into to Blackstars for that run?

  2. #227
    Incredible Member Ishmael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    When this was first announced it was clear that this was Vic's team. He was the one who initiated the mission to the ghost sector and there was clearly a Cyborg/Darksied adversarial thing going on. Jess was a hanger on and now is being position as the lead character when she had nothing to do with the mission in the first place. She is getting this big push and Vic is reduced to what, a mindless lackey? With his New God tech Vic should be instrumental in opposing/stopping Darksied but instead that role has now gone to Jessica. Why, what is the appeal of this character and why should Vic, Kory and even Jean Paul be sidelined to push her? Do you really think the book will improve because they made her the lead?
    Your argument is like saying Titans is a Nightwing book because Nightwing's the leader. Nope. Not true. Just because the plot jump started with Vic feeling guilty about what happened in Justice League: No Justice doesn't make him the pivotal character for the series. That character would be Darkseid - who was equally promoted in the earlier push of the book, remember? The whole "Why is Darkseid on the team" bit? It's been his story more than anyone else's.

    I get it. You're a Cyborg fan and irritated he's been relegated for the moment to the background. But the book WAS stagnating prior to the shake up. If this was supposed to be nothing more than Cyborg and His Amazing Friends, then, well, it sucked. I was going to drop it until the last two issues changed my mind. Now i want to see what happens next.

    I've no doubt Cyborg, Starfire, and Azrael will get featured again and have their moments of glory. But for the moment something new was definitely needed because the story was going nowhere.

  3. #228
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    we know Jess managed to call the Justice League...
    No, she just THINKS she did. The transmission was blocked deliberately.

  4. #229
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I didn't see JLO in the November solicits, I wonder if it's cancelled by then? Or is that when the whole thing with the Blackstars starts and all the Green Lanterns are changed into to Blackstars for that run?
    Don't worry, it's not cancelled.


    JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #16
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by WILL CONRAD
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Jessica Cruz and her new Justice League Odyssey squad are hardly a team...just a bunch of misfits and old rivals thrown together by chance. Only one cause unites them: stopping the newly empowered, godlike Darkseid. But when they’re outgunned and stranded on a hostile world, can they even begin to fight the ruthless forces of Sepulkore, or will an unexpected new ally change the course of their struggle forever?
    ON SALE 12.11.19

  5. #230

    Default

    Awesome, I am glad it's continuing. I never knew I needed Blackfire on a Justice League team till now. I imagine she is going to be telling everyone how useless they are the whole time too!

    I am looking forward to see whether this results in a temporary or permanent change to Jessica, I also wonder if she is infected with the anti-life equation now!

  6. #231
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,859

    Default

    Well, if it's permanent, she'll be needing a new name, as she'll no longer be a Green Lantern. She may have gained some new abilities, but her ring was destroyed, so she won't be making any constructs for a while.

    I can see it having side effects, she gets it purged when she gets home, and then Hal will arrange for her to get a new ring, thus restoring her GL powers.

  7. #232
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    When this was first announced it was clear that this was Vic's team. He was the one who initiated the mission to the ghost sector and there was clearly a Cyborg/Darksied adversarial thing going on. Jess was a hanger on and now is being position as the lead character when she had nothing to do with the mission in the first place. She is getting this big push and Vic is reduced to what, a mindless lackey? With his New God tech Vic should be instrumental in opposing/stopping Darksied but instead that role has now gone to Jessica. Why, what is the appeal of this character and why should Vic, Kory and even Jean Paul be sidelined to push her? Do you really think the book will improve because they made her the lead?
    Being the team leader and being the lead character are not the same thing.

  8. #233
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Yeah, much was made of Cyborg being the leader on this title. Hope the GL fans enjoy this going forward.
    Think I will; Jessica Cruz is my favorite DC character and her being in the series was the only reason I'm going to be getting the series. Since I don't like it when the one character I care about is just an extra on a team series, I am glad that she's getting the spotlight, however long that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    When this was first announced it was clear that this was Vic's team. He was the one who initiated the mission to the ghost sector and there was clearly a Cyborg/Darksied adversarial thing going on. Jess was a hanger on and now is being position as the lead character when she had nothing to do with the mission in the first place. She is getting this big push and Vic is reduced to what, a mindless lackey? With his New God tech Vic should be instrumental in opposing/stopping Darksied but instead that role has now gone to Jessica. Why, what is the appeal of this character and why should Vic, Kory and even Jean Paul be sidelined to push her? Do you really think the book will improve because they made her the lead?
    Saw bits and pieces of the first issue; thought that the Ghost Sector was Jessica's GL assigment (remember it opens with her Skyping her old friend Simon Baz and talking about how boring the job has been since she got there...which is the cue for things to go wrong.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  9. #234

  10. #235
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't worry, it's not cancelled.


    JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #16
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by WILL CONRAD
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Jessica Cruz and her new Justice League Odyssey squad are hardly a team...just a bunch of misfits and old rivals thrown together by chance. Only one cause unites them: stopping the newly empowered, godlike Darkseid. But when they’re outgunned and stranded on a hostile world, can they even begin to fight the ruthless forces of Sepulkore, or will an unexpected new ally change the course of their struggle forever?
    ON SALE 12.11.19
    Who is the black girl?

  11. #236
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,079

    Default

    Probably a new character, like the black beast thingy ?

  12. #237
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Looks like Cruz is still using the Darseid blasts, despite having her ring again on the previous cover. Wonder what the story behind that is?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  13. #238
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,079

    Default

    I think the other cover (for October) was edited to not reveal too much. Hence the dark silhouettes instead of the real designs.

  14. #239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think the other cover (for October) was edited to not reveal too much. Hence the dark silhouettes instead of the real designs.
    Yeah, I think they were hiding what was going to happen to Jessica and also keeping the reveal of all the players hidden.

  15. #240

    Default

    I am kind of looking forward to Dex-Star and Jessica to work together. Dex loves being a good kitty and I am sure anti-life Omega Jessica would love to adopt a kitty to make her feel better. This would be a fun team up book, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz and Red Lantern Dex-Star!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •