Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I debated dropping this title month after month for I don't know how long. Now it's one of the titles I enjoy most. It doesn't have even one character I particularly care for one way or the other and yet each issue is a page turner. Crazy.
    I'm of the opposite mindset. This was one of my fave books and I have a fondness for Cyborg. But Abnett came into the book and proceeded to sideline Vic and Kory while pushing Jessica to the lead. Totally killed my interest in the book, I keep up with developments in the spoilers but will not purchase it until Vic is relevant again. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a lead character cast aside so casually and disdainfully as Abnett did with Vic. All to push Jessica as the central focus, she is the badass leader while Vic is the mindless slave.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I'm of the opposite mindset. This was one of my fave books and I have a fondness for Cyborg. But Abnett came into the book and proceeded to sideline Vic and Kory while pushing Jessica to the lead. Totally killed my interest in the book, I keep up with developments in the spoilers but will not purchase it until Vic is relevant again. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a lead character cast aside so casually and disdainfully as Abnett did with Vic. All to push Jessica as the central focus, she is the badass leader while Vic is the mindless slave.
    Not so mindless, as it has turned out. I won't spoil, but there is more than hints that Vic is stronger than Darkseid assumed.

Well, looking at April's solicit, it's all going to be moot anyway. It sounds like they're going to prevent Darkseid from taking control of Vic, Kori, and Azrael in the first place by going back in time.

Which would certainly explain why all four of them were at the Hall of Justice in today's Superman #19. Time travel handily explains how they can be in two places at once!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, looking at April's solicit, it's all going to be moot anyway. It sounds like they're going to prevent Darkseid from taking control of Vic, Kori, and Azrael in the first place by going back in time.

Which would certainly explain why all four of them were at the Hall of Justice in today's Superman #19. Time travel handily explains how they can be in two places at once!
    Sounds like they finally getting that batman technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not so mindless, as it has turned out. I won't spoil, but there is more than hints that Vic is stronger than Darkseid assumed.
    Is that so? Feel free to spoil!

He's managing to send messages to Jessica's ring, which is now in pieces within her body.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Is that so? Feel free to spoil!
    As Digifiend said, Vic is still able to communicate somehow with Jessica. He can't control his body and Jess hasn't yet fully understood what it means, but he's still really there, somewhere in the Machine.

When is this series set ? Because theres all this perpetua/DOOM stuff going on and Darkseids just chilling in space

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    When is this series set ? Because theres all this perpetua/DOOM stuff going on and Darkseids just chilling in space
    It happens at the same time as the Justice/doom war. Darkseid cut his losses and his bringing his pocket galaxy outside the Multiverse to avoid Perpetua.

Unused art:
    https://twitter.com/stjepansejic/sta...86915558543360

Seems that the team was meant to include Brainiac!

Unused art:

And a totally different direction. Vic would have worn clothes and the cast likely wouldn’t have gotten hijacked. The icing would have been that we would have had the gorgeous art of Sejic for at least 12 issues.

Unused art:

You know what sometimes unfortunately plans change when it comes to company comics...but I will say this, I would personally pay Sejic for a poster of Jessica Cruz with a freaking green lantern dragon construct.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what sometimes unfortunately plans change when it comes to company comics...
    That seems to be a disturbing norm with those comics these days. Books get the rug pulled out from under them way too often, and plans are abruptly changed and whatever was supposed to happen just doesn't end up happening because of behind the scenes shenanigans. This, of course, affects the stories with abruptly dropped plots, out of nowhere cancellations, sudden shifts in direction, and promises that aren't delivered upon. It was one of the big things that disenchanted me with DC. With me, the last straw was with Green Lantern: Lost Army, and how it just ended out of nowhere without answering many key questions the story posed. The follow up, Edge of Oblivion, had nearly nothing to do with Lost Army and didn't answer any of those questions. I was like, "Nope. Why am I buying this stuff?" I think what DC banks on is that the audience is suckered in enough in NEEDING to get their dose of their favorite character(s) that they will put up with just about anything as long as they get it.

Not me, though. My view is what good are the characters when they're in incoherent, patched together stories that don't make sense and expect the reader to just hand wave away massive discrepancies. Personally, I don't think readers take DC to task strongly enough for this, which is a reason why it keeps happening. Since Lost Army, I've only sort of kept an eye on DC without regularly buying any series. It's upsetting, though not surprising, that it seems like this still goes on and has gotten even worse, with big books like Doomsday Clock and Snyder's Justice League. It has gotten to the point where you may as well expect something like that is going to happen.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-02-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Incredible Member

^ This

The cold reality is i have far too many entertainment options currently to willingly give my money to a content creator / publisher for sub par representation or writing. Write heroes i can get behind and support and i'll give you money. Period. If you aren't selling me , a customer that wants to buy your product, anything then you need to reevaluate what you're producing if your companies goal is truly profit (and not social engineering).

I don't live a beta life. I'm not paying to see beta representation.

Whether you like the films or not...the creators of the Fast and the Furious franchise understand this with 8 or 9 films and counting.
    Don't complain. Create.

Okay, so... Be warned, spoilers ahead.

spoilers:
    I didn't know of Epoch, and he seems to be a very interesting character, even if I'm not sure yet of what Abnett wants to do with him, in truth. But he is bringing some interesting hints, and at least a meta-commentary. He clearly knows about at least Perpetua, Apex Lex and Darkseid's true plans, plus another one he hasn't identified yet. And he does want to rewrite history entirely so the events of Justice League -Perpetua and Apex Lex - and JLO - Darkseid's return - be erased from the timestream. And so far, it seems that Jess is on-board but will turn on him when she'll realize what it will truly entails, I think.

Concerning Vic, I'm still believing that he's a lot stronger than Darkseid knows or understand, and I hope that Starfire and Azrael will also prove it. Speaking of the former, it's hinted that there will be a sororicide between her and Blackfire. And I don't see Starfire getting killed as of now, so will Abnett truly have Koriand'r kill Komand'r ? It could be interesting in the future, or very gimmicky. Only Epoch knows, I guess. The rest of the teams don't do much in this issue, but it's clearly more of a transition than anything else to enter the next phase of the story.

At the very least, it hints that Darkseid didn't just fled the Universe with the Ghost Sector and Sepulkore to avoid Perpetua, but is also planning something massive, possible only outside the Linear Time of the Universe, just like Epoch. By the way, Orion knows of our Lord of Time and doesn't like him one bit !
    end of spoilers

Overall, another great issue for me, even if a little on the low side.