Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This feels like it's turning into the DC version of the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Blackfire SHOULD know about negotiating since she's the current ruler of Tamaran.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It was a pretty good issue. Dexx gets to be his ornery self.

Blackfire is seriously into Jessica Cruz, haha, I would love it if this actually happened and Jessica and Blackfire hook up on this trip:
    Attachment 88104
    God, how would Kory react to that when they free her from Darkseid's brainwashing?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can't read the except from the comic (too small).
    Attachment automatically shrunk to max filesize, I assume. Here's that page at full size.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I usually like Abnett and i get he is focusing on Jessica and a rag-tag group of characters. But at the same time, he's also neglecting Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael. The idea of Vic doubting his own leadership capabilities in order to prop up Anxiety Lantern is a bit lame.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I usually like Abnett and i get he is focusing on Jessica and a rag-tag group of characters. But at the same time, he's also neglecting Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael. The idea of Vic doubting his own leadership capabilities in order to prop up Anxiety Lantern is a bit lame.
    Cyborg getting shafted left a really bad taste in my mouth.Then should gain the only Titans characters who aren't shafted right now are Raven, Beast Boy and Terra(unless you consider an upcoming Dark Multiverse story to be shafting).

That's an AU story, so yeah, it doesn't count as not shafting them. Fact is, Gar and Raven are in limbo because Titans got cancelled, and that book was wrecked by the Bat office putting a bullet in Dick's noggin. Hopefully when Glass's Teen Titans run ends, the replacement series will include them - and age them up. Ric said he lost almost two decades of memories... if so, he's pushing 30, and that means Gar and Raven should definitely also be in their late 20s, and not teenagers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

[QUOTE=Johnny;4566394]Who is the

I wonder if she represents a one out, one in quota character?

I knew that this month's issue hinted at Cyborg being the first returning to the light. I knew it !

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #18
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by JOSÉ LADRÖNN
    variant cover by SKAN
    Green Lantern Jessica Cruz and the new JLO have their first encounter with their lost friend Cyborg. Will Victor Stone’s hidden messages be the clue to releasing him from Darkseid’s deadly grip, or is Vic gone forever? How much is Jessica willing to risk to save her old friends?
    ON SALE 02.05.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Wanting to pick this up. How has this, and JLD been?

Justice League Dark has been consistantly great from the start. Justice League Odyssey start is a lot rockier. it's not bad at all, but there was a feeling that the series would die really quickly. Then Dan Abnett took over, Will Conrad became the de facto main artists and while the team changed-which has justifiably ruffled some feathers - the book has become a lot tighter and stronger.

Which isn't surprising, we know cosmic is Abnett's wheelhouse, as he did Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova for Marvel a decade ago.

I am really loving this book now. I know some people are miffed because Cyborg and Starfire were sidelined under Apocalypse's control, but seriously Jessica Cruz (omega powered and very angry), Blackfire, Dex-Starr, Orion, Hax! I can't believe how much I am liking the new cast now. Lol, Just two girls (Jessica and Blackfire) on a road trip with their cat (Dex-Starr) and one of their friends (Orion) and his friend (Hax)!

Blackfire and Jessica as best friends and allies, that's just so funny!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Apocalypse? You mean Darkseid, lol. Not only is Apocalypse Marvel, he's actually joined the X-Men side team Excalibur!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apocalypse? You mean Darkseid, lol. Not only is Apocalypse Marvel, he's actually joined the X-Men side team Excalibur!
    Bleh, I was typing fast and mixed them up!

Sorry about that. I am all over the X-Men so I talk about Apocalypse all the time (cause he's awesome these days!!)!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

It's true that both Apocalypse and Darkseid are undergoing quite the revival currently. I mean, just look at the February cover... I'm honestly salivating, thinking about when I'll get my hands on this one !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Justice League Dark has been consistantly great from the start. Justice League Odyssey start is a lot rockier. it's not bad at all, but there was a feeling that the series would die really quickly. Then Dan Abnett took over, Will Conrad became the de facto main artists and while the team changed-which has justifiably ruffled some feathers - the book has become a lot tighter and stronger.
    Agreed. I assumed JLO was dead in the water after losing its original writer/artist so early, but it's gotten far better.

And JLD has indeed been pretty great -- and I haven't liked any other iteration of JLD in the past. But something about this run as clicked.