Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    This dichotomy of the comics and animation Cyborg sure is something. Where it seems he's consistently used better in television and movies than comics where he takes 1 step forward and 2 back. So how many issues will these new members take precedence over the original 3?
    Agreed, it's telling that even his part in the movie was initially including a good drawn out narrative of Cyborg. You would almost think that even then that comicbook editors roll onto the set and told Snyder that he can't develop Cyborg too much cause it would be bad for business.

I'm a little sad about Cyborg being a villain for now, but the story Abnett is telling is so damn entertaining that I honestly can't say that it makes the book less in my eyes. Jess character, as the "outsider" in the team was always the PoV character, I think (there is a reason why she was the first we saw in the first issue), but I think that we'll see Cyborg and the others breaks from Darkseid sooner rather than later. At least I hope we will !

I've really enjoyed the last two issues -- it feels like the story is picking up some momentum and important things are now happening. Really intrigued by who Okkult might be - and got a chuckle out of seeing Dex Starr be on the team. Overall this was a good shake up of what had become a slightly stale storyline. So I'm on board for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I've really enjoyed the last two issues -- it feels like the story is picking up some momentum and important things are now happening. Really intrigued by who Okkult might be - and got a chuckle out of seeing Dex Starr be on the team. Overall this was a good shake up of what had become a slightly stale storyline. So I'm on board for the time being.
    I'm just taking a wild guess but I think Will Conrad might be a Star Trek Deep Space Nine fan.

As to who Okkult is his costume reminds me of Adam Strange a bit (when was the last time we saw him?) But that might be a red herring.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm just taking a wild guess but I think Will Conrad might be a Star Trek Deep Space Nine fan.

As to who Okkult is his costume reminds me of Adam Strange a bit (when was the last time we saw him?) But that might be a red herring.
    I thought the same thing about Okkult, so it's gotta be a red herring. The resemblance is too on the nose. Given his hatred of Darkseid I thought it might be Orion, trying to keep his identity secret. But who knows?

I think Adam Strange's last appearance was in Action Comics in the Event Leviathan preludes that ran there. He also made an appearance in Superman early in Bendis run. I think Bendis likes the character.

I am really wondering where Jessica goes from here! It appears that because the ring shattered and merged with her body and it transmuted the Omega Beams into healing energy and then allowed Jessica to store/access it, she is definitely something new.
    Is she now a New God?
    Is she an Omega Lantern, powered by the Omega Force?
    Does she contain some of the anti-life equation? Will she go evil and kill everyone and attempt to take Darkseid's place in addition to defeating him?

Spectacular Member

Head my words that it will be forgotten just like John with the tattoo ring in JL main book.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

So aside from Darkseid tryint to save the multiverse, His omega beams is absorbed by Jessica's GL and resurrect her? Man, Darkseid definitely is the good guy in this comics LOL
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-12-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

I don't think that Jessica will remains an Omega Lantern for too long. For a start, the energy her ring absorbed is probably a limited amount (even if the Omega Sanction must be crazily powerful). Plus, there has to be ill-effects. She was dead, and while the Sanction and her ring brought her back to life, she'll have sequels, if only mental ones.

I have a question about the cover of next issue : we know Jess managed to call the Justice League, but we also know that they can't afford to send big-hitters out there with the Justice/Doom War entering its battle phase. But who do you think will truly be a part of her team ?

Okkult and Dex-Starr are probably a given, now, and the other human-looking figure is probably the Zamaron woman. But where is Blackfire ? And who is the massive looking guy ? Did the Justice League send Damage ? Superman did say that he was one of the strongest beings he encountered, perhaps they are counting on him going toe to toe with Darkseid if things go south in the Ghost Sector ?

Mighty Member

How the hell did Jessica become the lead character in this book? This was launched as a Cyborg led book but that seems to have gone by the wayside. Jess is being given a massive push by DC and it looks like Vic is getting shafted as a result.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How the hell did Jessica become the lead character in this book? This was launched as a Cyborg led book but that seems to have gone by the wayside. Jess is being given a massive push by DC and it looks like Vic is getting shafted as a result.
    She is a female minority and have a plot device a.k.a GL ring
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Where was it ever said this was a "Cyborg" book? He's only ONE of the characters in it - and for the record, some of us have not been reading this book because of him. Jessica Cruz and Jean Paul Valley were the draws for me (and it's not like JPV has been treated better).

This title has been boring as it was. The shake-up was needed, and if that means they sideline Starfire Azrael, and Cyborg for a while then good. Because the book was spinning its wheels with them as the leads.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Yeah, much was made of Cyborg being the leader on this title. Hope the GL fans enjoy this going forward.

Mighty Member

Where was it ever said this was a "Cyborg" book? He's only ONE of the characters in it - and for the record, some of us have not been reading this book because of him. Jessica Cruz and Jean Paul Valley were the draws for me (and it's not like JPV has been treated better).

This title has been boring as it was. The shake-up was needed, and if that means they sideline Starfire Azrael, and Cyborg for a while then good. Because the book was spinning its wheels with them as the leads.
    When this was first announced it was clear that this was Vic's team. He was the one who initiated the mission to the ghost sector and there was clearly a Cyborg/Darksied adversarial thing going on. Jess was a hanger on and now is being position as the lead character when she had nothing to do with the mission in the first place. She is getting this big push and Vic is reduced to what, a mindless lackey? With his New God tech Vic should be instrumental in opposing/stopping Darksied but instead that role has now gone to Jessica. Why, what is the appeal of this character and why should Vic, Kory and even Jean Paul be sidelined to push her? Do you really think the book will improve because they made her the lead?

I don't know if they're trying to re-position Jessica as the lead character rather then just doing a storyline that shakes things up in the book for a bit.