Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Could always ask if it's been handed in to the lost and found. You'll probably have to buy another copy though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

the truth is this book is gonna be canceled soon
    The sales are dropping a lot and the critics reviews are kinda "meh".
    Such wasted potential

Well, if 35 727 floppies sold in November (the last numbers we have) are already cancellation territories, most of comics are doomed. I've also seen rather enthusiastic critics. Admidetly, I read those on comic books Roundup, so I'm probably missing a lot, but still.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Seems they've updated the solicit for JL Odyssey #6 to kick off a new arc:

"The shocking truth about the Ghost Sector, and why Brainiac hid these planets away for so long, is finally revealed!" reads DC's new solicitation. "But before the Odyssey team can take action, a catastrophic event rocks the Ghost Sector. All this, and a decidedly hostile welcome from Queen Komand'r, better known as Starfire's sister, Blackfire!"

It's news to me that Dan Abnett is the new writer. Looking forward to what he brings.

You have got to be kidding me. First we lose the artist and now we're losing the writer?! It's like DC just wants this book to fail, it's ridiculous. So much potential and DC can't get their crap right to save their life.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. First we lose the artist and now we're losing the writer?! It's like DC just wants this book to fail, it's ridiculous. So much potential and DC can't get their crap right to save their life.
    I'm not seeing this as a downgrade by any means. Dan Abnett has done a good deal of work in cosmic stories with Marvel. He's the architect behind the success of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I'm not seeing this as a downgrade by any means. Dan Abnett has done a good deal of work in cosmic stories with Marvel. He's the architect behind the success of Guardians of the Galaxy.
    As long as we can get Guardians Abnett and not Titans Abnett...

(Although I don't think it should be forgotten that Abnett had a co-writer on Guardians).

BANNED

Issue 5 and Stjepan Sejic is off the book... :/ How i wish he had drawn the Darkseid in his original costume... The real Darkseid... But we have this instead... Azrael's costume is shit as well... How i wish Sejic had drawn him in Az-Bat armor or in his original Azrael costume... This looks like a worthless piece of crap with fake Darkseid who is anti- hero... :/ Darkseid is pure evil... :/ Turning him anti-hero is lame. I don't like this thing one bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(Although I don't think it should be forgotten that Abnett had a co-writer on Guardians).
    Yeah, Andy Lanning.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

That was what I just was about to say, His titans run has been very bad and he's known for having favorites while other characters get sideline.

He also wrote Earth 2 Society which was a step up from the previous writing but it literally went from F to C - max.

Mighty Member

I know people like to use this to try to downplay Abnett. But he still played a part in making Marvel's cosmic corner what it is today. Co-writer or not. He was involved.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I know people like to use this to try to downplay Abnett. But he still played a part in making Marvel's cosmic corner what it is today. Co-writer or not. He was involved.
    I wasn't really trying to downplay Abnett because I enjoyed his solo Aquaman run and some of his own Guardians work without Lanning (like Guardians 3000), but I think Lanning is important not to forget when it comes to talking about the Guardians run of that time.

Maybe it's because this series has become such a chore for me to read, but has absolutely any reason been given as to why the team is being worshipped as gods on these worlds? I mean, it was a cool development when it first came up, but it seems like the team hasn't asked many questions about it. How is it possible for entire religions to have evolved on these worlds when our characters aren't exactly immortal? Does time work different in the ghost sector? Granted, maybe I'm just so bored by everything, that I haven't given much critical thought to the logistics of it all.

soon as Seijec bounced this books days were numbered.

Also they completely changed the plot of the original first two issues to conform to the Justice League book. The initial issues had a better story before they had to be re-written and pushed back two or 3 months
    The J-man

The book has been enjoyable but the stumble out of the gate really hurt it’s momentum. It would have been great to have Sejic on for a few more issues. Having him leave before the first arc was finished reminded me of how DC handled the New Age of Heroes. Put a great artist on a new book and then immediately take them off. But this is a freaking Justice League book. They should have had better planning.

I would still like to see a Cyborg/Starfire relationship happen here. In the last issue when they asked Vic “why did you go into space?” and his reply was “Kori”, I was hoping that they were headed in that direction. But he had just promised to help her find Tamaran.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, if 35 727 floppies sold in November (the last numbers we have) are already cancellation territories, most of comics are doomed. I've also seen rather enthusiastic critics. Admidetly, I read those on comic books Roundup, so I'm probably missing a lot, but still.
    35k isn't near cancellation line, but it's low for a Justice League branded title. There are only so many of these to go around. (Just like books wit "Bat" in them also have higher cancellation lines)