Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    It's like the the whole reason he was created for. Why would you expect anything else? What's sad is the many attempts by writers to push Cyborg out of his loser status only to have higher ups snatch his ass back down to mopey 80's microwave status!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Exactly this.

Now he’s doubting his leadership? This ‘I’m not worthy’ nonsense? Nah, I’m good DC. I’ll enjoy other things until Vic is showcased positively at some other time and some other place.

On top of that, now it’s a whole other team they want folks to follow? To those who dig it...enjoy.

All of this ^

I'm not surprised to see the status quo has been maintained. Heck it's finally been confirmed what we already knew with regard to behind the scenes roadblocks put in place by people in power to stop certain types of progressive representation ( Isaac Perlmutter ). It isn't a conspiracy.

And associates wonder why i'll never fully believe in the Big 2 heh. Fool me once with Blue Marvel ..shame on me.

As always ...support independent comic creators. They won't be burying their leads , limiting their powers or putting up roadblocks to their character progression and development.
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-05-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    All of this ^

I'm not surprised to see the status quo has been maintained. Heck it's finally been confirmed what we already knew with regard to behind the scenes roadblocks put in place by people in power to stop certain types of progressive representation ( Isaac Perlmutter ). It isn't a conspiracy.

And associates wonder why i'll never fully believe in the Big 2 heh. Fool me once with Blue Marvel ..shame on me.

As always ...support independent comic creators. They won't be burying their leads , limiting their powers or putting up roadblocks to their character progression and development.
    That's what I believe. I honestly don't know why people put up with it. I guess they're in love with those DC and Marvel labels. But they should probably ask themselves why they're in love with something that makes them complain about 95% of the time. Heck, I asked myself that at some point, and realized I didn't have a good answer. I guess they cling onto some hope that things will actually go their way (even they almost always never do). Personally, I don't wait on hope.

Nowadays, whatever DC does with these characters is fine by me, because I'm not invested enough in them to care. It's actually very liberating and a load off. Not that I ever liked Cyborg, in particular, but I feel its the sentiment of the message that's important here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    That's what I believe. I honestly don't know why people put up with it. I guess they're in love with those DC and Marvel labels. But they should probably ask themselves why they're in love with something that makes them complain about 95% of the time. Heck, I asked myself that at some point, and realized I didn't have a good answer. I guess they cling onto some hope that things will actually go their way (even they almost always never do). Personally, I don't wait on hope.

Nowadays, whatever DC does with these characters is fine by me, because I'm not invested enough in them to care. It's actually very liberating and a load off. Not that I ever liked Cyborg, in particular, but I feel its the sentiment of the message that's important here.

" When people show you who they are ..Believe them the first time."

I could type an essay but so as not to go too far off topic i actually like a few of the Cyborg "suit" designs over the years and felt the character had potential even though i wasn't heavily invested in him. It's ever so slightly irritating to see a nice visual character design wasted on a character that doesn't live up to its aesthetic potential. The character , written as it has been thus far , is an example of that. I've got FAR too many entertainment options to spend my money on to be emotionally tied to the DC characters failings but i'll check in on him every so often and appreciate a panel or 2 when he is depicted well.

My money goes to titles / characters / creators that reflect my externalized power when i'm not creating myself. Marvel nor DC (?) isn't hurting for cash so i'm sure they won't miss my lack of consistent purchases heh .
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    haha, that's hilarious, Blackfire is like holy f****ing X'hal who is this lantern girl.

and Jessica tells Okult, "I am f****ing in charge!" and absolutely no one wants to argue with her because they are frigging scared out of their wits by her.

They are definitely making Jessica a bit different because of the Omega power, she is becoming very anger focused, this might be a good journey for this comic and leave the readers guessing if Jessica is going to defeat Darkseid or usurp Darkseid and take his place. It would be a bit hilarious if she floor stomped him and then told everyone she was the New God of New Apokolips!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

It was a pretty good issue. Dexx gets to be his ornery self.

Blackfire is seriously into Jessica Cruz, haha, I would love it if this actually happened and Jessica and Blackfire hook up on this trip:
    Jessica.jpg

Mighty Member

Damn, Jessica is badass.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Can't say I completely called the Okkult reveal, but I did suggest it. And I'm kinda glad to see him on the team. Love me some Kirby New Gods.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Can't say I completely called the Okkult reveal, but I did suggest it. And I'm kinda glad to see him on the team. Love me some Kirby New Gods.
    Oh, i was convinced from the get that it was spoilers:
    Orion.
    end of spoilers The mask, searching for other New Gods, the color scheme.

Also - Komand'r is officially the best part of this series now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

I think Okkult ended up being a clever angle. Not the most shocking, probably the one that makes the most sense and is the most useful. He's done undercover work since his very first story. Now the question is what's the deal with the Zamaron, because Jessica leading the charge with Blackfire, a Red Lantern, and Okkult is a pretty strong B-Team Justice League to rescue our friends on this Odyssey but what the heck is the Zamaron's deal? We don't need a third Lantern here ...
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Am I the only one who wants Jessica to pick up Dex-Starr and call him good kitty at some point in this! Of course Jessica is getting so angry/hardcore now Blackfire is starting to think that Jessica is a suitable consort.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Blackfire is seriously into Jessica Cruz, haha, I would love it if this actually happened and Jessica and Blackfire hook up on this trip:
    Jessica.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Of course Jessica is getting so angry/hardcore now Blackfire is starting to think that Jessica is a suitable consort.
    Can't read the except from the comic (too small).

As far as whether Jessica and Blackfire would become an item, that would depend on whether Jessica is bisexual or not, since she has been confirmed to be attracted to men (she had a crush on the Flash, for sure). Admittedly, that neither proves or disproves that she's straight; Jessica could be bi but we just never saw her interested in a woman "onscreen." I recall some fans thinking that the "Superhuman Trafficking" story arc of Green Lanterns might imply that Jessica is some form of LGBTQ; she's signing up for a dating app in the background of one seen and seems to be thinking over whether to have the app pair her up with a specific gender or both (although I'm not sure how conclusive it is, given the vagueness of that moment and that I doubt that future writers would take that throwaway bit into account when writing their stories).

IMHO, at this point, since I think there's no conclusive evidence that Jessica is either bi or exclusively straight in the past material, we'll just have to wait for her to either romance Blackfire (or another woman) or outright say that she's straight/bi/gay/whatever. (If the aforementioned scan I couldn't read had Jessica flirting with Blackfire, I'd take that as evidence that she is indeed bi.)

However, if a relationship did materialize, I'm not sure it would have much duration, given that my understanding is that Blackfire is usually a villain character while Jessica is firmly on the side of the angels. Granted, her getting charged with the Omega energy has seemed to push her kinder nature down and leaving some of us wondering if she'll become an antagonist character, if not a new villain, but I personally suspect at this point that ruthless Omega Jessica is not a long-term setup and that she'll be off the Omega beams and her usual friendly dork of a self when all is said and done; it's too far removed from the core of the character, not to mention there's no hint that DC wants to prune off the non-Hal GLs and that Jessica is gaining popularity in outside materials.

(Personally, I want to see Jessica get back to normal and not become a new villain or ruthless antihero or whatever, although it would be nice if she does learn something from the experience of having her ring wrapped around her bones and using Omega beams. I don't find the idea of her having relationship -- fling or otherwise -- with Blackfire interesting, based on what I know of things so far. The former is a deal breaker for me -- which is why I'm sitting out on getting the trades for this until I know where Jessica ends up -- while the latter is something I'm willing to give a chance depending on the execution, even if I'm not sure I want Jessica dating a villain.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wow -- I hadn't read anything drawn by ChrisCross since his Captain Marvel book w/ PAD like 18-20 years ago. Good stuff.

JLO remains DC's most underrated/unexpected hit, IMO. I can't think of many series where a book lost both its initial writer and artist after just a handful of issues and then got NOTICEABLY better thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Wow -- I hadn't read anything drawn by ChrisCross since his Captain Marvel book w/ PAD like 18-20 years ago. Good stuff.

JLO remains DC's most underrated/unexpected hit, IMO. I can't think of many series where a book lost both its initial writer and artist after just a handful of issues and then got NOTICEABLY better thereafter.
    I can't wait to the next issue, I want to see Jessica take down that creature that is after Okkult.

Another great issue, and the return of Will Conrad is really appreciated !

Vic doesn't seem as lost as it may have seem at first but the real MVP here is of course Dex-Starr. I love this cat !